This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

7020 Muffler

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CDN 400 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 7020 Muffler
    Posted: 12 May 2024 at 5:34pm
Is there any reason the long skinny muffler off a 200 or 7000 won't work on my 7020? I find the oval muffler is in my line of sight for planting so I put a straight pipe on it and I like the improved vision but I find it adds a lot of noise to the inside of the cab which is very quiet with the muffler.
Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2024 at 5:42pm
It will work fine.
Lynn Marshall View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lynn Marshall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2024 at 5:47pm
The late 7000s used the oval muffler too.
KJCHRIS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KJCHRIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2024 at 6:38pm
It will fit and work fine. 
AC 200, CAH, AC185D bareback, AC 180D bareback, D17 III, WF. D17 Blackbar grill, NF. D15 SFW. Case 1175 CAH, Bobcat 543B,
cowkicker View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cowkicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2024 at 7:21pm
What size nmuffler clamp does a 7020 use?
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2024 at 8:32pm
3  1/8 inch.

Edited by DrAllis - 12 May 2024 at 9:02pm
CDN 400 View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CDN 400 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2024 at 9:10pm
Thanks fellas.
Leon B MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leon B MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2024 at 2:22pm
I actually made a 3 in exhaust pipe with a resonator installed inside. Also used a couple of angles under the hood to line exhaust pipe up with air breather looks very clean and makes visibility much better. I really don't think it's any louder than it was with the factory muffler on it now but the stack goes just above the roof line.
Leon B Mo
Uncle always said "Fill the back of the shovel and the front will take care of itself".
CDN 400 View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CDN 400 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2024 at 7:50pm
[QUOTE=Leon B MO]I actually made a 3 in exhaust pipe with a resonator installed inside. Also used a couple of angles under the hood to line exhaust pipe up with air breather looks very clean and makes visibility much better. I really don't think it's any louder than it was with the factory muffler on it now but the stack goes just above the roof line.
I got rid of the air cleaner on hood altogether and made a short adapter and put the original bowl right on top of the air cleaner can under the hood.
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2024 at 10:02pm
CDN 400, if you’ve removed your 7020’s air-cleaner from hood, then maybe consider removing its exhaust straight pipe from hood area too? Could possibly clock (rotate) 301’s exhaust side housing of turbo allowing outlet to exit downward/under right side engine panel? Then route exhaust over & up the right front cab corner? Yes it will require additional fabrication/mounts. But would give a totally open view, if that’s a consideration? If later a straight pipe drone sound becomes annoying at certain engine rpms/loads, then could splice in a 30” long straight-thru glass-pack in the longer stretch where pipe mounts to cab corner. Glass-pack should hush drone without compromising exhaust back-pressure?
CDN 400 View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CDN 400 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2024 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by AC7060IL AC7060IL wrote:

CDN 400, if you’ve removed your 7020’s air-cleaner from hood, then maybe consider removing its exhaust straight pipe from hood area too? Could possibly clock (rotate) 301’s exhaust side housing of turbo allowing outlet to exit downward/under right side engine panel? Then route exhaust over & up the right front cab corner? Yes it will require additional fabrication/mounts. But would give a totally open view, if that’s a consideration? If later a straight pipe drone sound becomes annoying at certain engine rpms/loads, then could splice in a 30” long straight-thru glass-pack in the longer stretch where pipe mounts to cab corner. Glass-pack should hush drone without compromising exhaust back-pressure?
I have thought about doing exactly that, the only reason it bothers my view is planting. I still plant the old fashioned way using markers and like to see more of the horizon in order to make straight rows. My rows has to be straight or it drives me nuts.LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic