This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fords Demise ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fords Demise ??
    Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 7:57pm
I've recently worked with 2 separate sub contractors that  "USED" to be die-hard Ford guys until these abortions (their words) . One contractor went NISSAN , the other went MERCEDES. The Nissan guy said he wished he would have test driven them both (Ford/Nissan) BEFORE the Ford purchase, the Nissan is 3 times the vehicle Embarrassed.
Sponsored Links

Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 8:09pm
I would be more worried about a GM demise. Well not me, as far as I’m concerned GM can go p*ss up a rope.
What GM and Bush/Obama did is criminal. I will never step foot on GM dealer lot again.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 8:15pm
Well, if what you say "three times the vehicle" is true, then Ford might be in trouble. However, I highly doubt that Nissan will ever outsell Ford when it comes to trucks.
sparky View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 8:17pm
Buy what you prefer but let’s talk about facts. Ford has been the best selling truck/vehicle for over 40 years running. Ford and many current and past companies were instrumental in winning 2 world wars Allis-Chalmers included. You and your 2 workmates need to study up on facts whether historical or current. And by the way I retired from Ford 18 years ago so if I’m biased so be it.
It's the color tractor my grandpa had!
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 8:26pm
Couple years ago, wifey and I took a vacation flew to Lost Wages, drove to Grand Canyon, Boulder Dam, and drove down to Phoenix, rented a Nissan pickup for all the driving. Was not a bad vehicle at all, wife really liked. The only knock was the turning radius took a bit getting used too. Seemed like you needed a lot of acreage to turn around.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 8:36pm
We pretty much have switched over to all Fords over the years, got only 1 GM left in the stable. We do have a Honda CRV, which is our towed vehicle behind our RV, which by the way has a Ford F-53 chassis under it.
My brother has gone Ford, my Mother no longer buys Buick’s, she now has a Toyota. Son #2 (daddy warbucks), has a BMW.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 8:44pm
A fiduciary told me ford was deeply in debt. They were in deep trouble.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 8:52pm
My post is strictly work van related, and it was just an observation from the 2 contractors Wink
sparky View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 9:13pm
Ford’s demise has been talked about many times since 1903.
It's the color tractor my grandpa had!
Mactractor View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mactractor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 4:22am
Aint that the truth!
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 5:46am
Originally posted by sparky sparky wrote:

Ford’s demise has been talked about many times since 1903.

Yes, and in that time, how many times has GM declared bankruptcy?
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 6:03am
Originally posted by HD6GTOM HD6GTOM wrote:

BS
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 6:55am
Ford work vans are hard to beat and the best selling and has the best resale value. The Nissan excluded, (because I’ve never driven one), Ford has the best seat and ride of all work vans. The Mercedes vans are nice until you have to work on it, super expensive and finding a someone that knows what they’re doing is hard and again expensive especially if he doesn’t. The Dodge vans need pedals to help get up to speed and we traded our diesels before the warranty was up, down time in for repairs was too costly. I got stung by the Ford 6.0 diesel, won’t own another Ford diesel truck but when it comes to work vans, they’ve been number one for a long time and I don’t see that changing soon.
As a side note, if a contractor shows up at my place in a new Mercedes van, I’m probably scrutinizing every penny he’s going to charge me.
Maximum use of available resources!
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 7:22am
Originally posted by Lars(wi) Lars(wi) wrote:

I would be more worried about a GM demise. Well not me, as far as I’m concerned GM can go p*ss up a rope.
What GM and Bush/Obama did is criminal. I will never step foot on GM dealer lot again.

X 2 !!!

I will only buy from an American company and, since Chrysler/Ram (who names their truck after a sheep ???) were owned by Daimler and now by Fiat (who has a reputation for poor quality), that leaves Ford or GM. Since I have involuntarily invested many taxpayer  dollars in GM, I will stick with Ford. As a matter of fact, I just bought a new F-350 in April.

I fear that this microchip shortage is going to significantly hurt every automakers bottom line. 
Charlie175 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 8:17am
I am worried about Chinese imports in the near future. Futon and others are making full size pickups now and will probably be imported into the US at a much lower cost than US models.
Same with Large Agriculture tractors China is making. 

I think they have made off with so much of our designs and tech that they will eventually flood our markets.
Charlie

'48 B, '51 CA, '56 WD45 '61 D17, '63 D12, '65 D10 , '68 One-Ninety XTD
Steve Bright View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Bright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 8:31am
You can by a Truck, or you can buy a Nissan. You can be American or be a trader. Ford is and will remain number 1 in truck sales for the foreseeable future.
Ken(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 8:37am
I drove Fords religiously since 1977, cars, light trucks and medium duty trucks and was happy for many years, but noticed that the quality and durability were going south in my opinion. The first Super Duty pickups I owned for the business would go 100,000 miles needing nothing but oil changes and tires, the last ones not even close, and drove like a boat if they were anywhere close to max GVW, which is often. In 2015, after looking closely at what everyone offered I switched to Ram and haven't looked back, I have three presently and couldn't be happier, two of them did require warranty repair, one instance each which went flawlessly, the 6.4 Hemi is a fuel miserly beast of an engine, only complaint is the wife hates the ride of the 3500, due to the fact that it rides like a truck. I used to be against foreign products, but regardless of what you buy, there is foreign influence and it's nothing new, Allis imported and sold Fiat products, many of the Ford's I owned were built in Canada, and the GM plants here are surrounded with foreign suppliers. Chevy was never in the running for me since the seventies when every shop in town that did business with GM needed a Chevy truck to deliver there and they all had one of those "bullet proof" 292 sixes hanging in the back of the shop for a spare, then there was the fact that it took them 30 years to figure out how to make a hard camshaft. They might be good for hauling a boat or a camper, but I'll pass for my needs.
Darwin W. Kurtz View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darwin W. Kurtz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 8:55am
Around here, when it comes to the trucks , Ford and Afford are always closely related it seems. Chevy trucks at a farm auction sell the best, Dodge (and there are lots of Dodge's around here) sells a close second best and Ford's are always on the low end and have been ever since I started auctioning 35 years ago. Chevy's have always sold the best
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 9:00am
That's cuz people at auction need truck parts!WinkLOL
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 9:13am
Originally posted by Lars(wi) Lars(wi) wrote:

X3
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 11:58am
FORD sell MILLINOS of trucks and FreeGas is worried about 2 clowns in a monkey suit that switch to rice burners ?   They deserve it !!
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

FORD sell MILLINOS of trucks and FreeGas is worried about 2 clowns in a monkey suit that switch to rice burners ?   They deserve it !!
You sir are missing MY post ENTIRELY WinkWink !! And these "CLOWNS" are the hardest working, White, NON -UNION people that I've been around in a LONG time LOLLOL !! Did I mention they "WERE" die hard Ford guys ????
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

You sir are missing MY post ENTIRELY WinkWink !! And these "CLOWNS" are the hardest working, White, NON -UNION people that I've been around in a LONG time LOLLOL !! Did I mention they "WERE" die hard Ford guys ????
Of the 3 (stooges), your coming up to be the ring leader REALLY fast as far as a nomenclature (MOE)Wink
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 6:41pm
Luv Steve Brights answer ! The Ford debt talk is all here say- , one thing to remember fellas - the foreign guys/ companies all have stock - or money invested in all the big names  and are getting deeper in so called American companies, slowly the take over will happen ;

Edited by DougG - 09 Jun 2021 at 6:42pm
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 7:29pm
Amazing how you guys get a idea in your head it stays forever. I have seen them all sitting on the side the road. Some people can make any of them run. DJ  WE NEED YOU there are dead truck you can get cheap.Wink

They all cost way to much for me to even look at any of them.

Wink  Hope none of you are out sitting on the road blocking traffic. LOL
AllisFreak MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisFreak MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 9:33pm
Someone's been hit'n the corn squeezin's again.
'49 A-C WD, '51 A-C WD, '63 A-C D17 Series III, 1968 A-C One-Seventy, '82 A-C 6060, '75 A-C 7040, A-C #3 sickle mower, 2 A-C 701 wagons, '78 Gleaner M2
Jordan(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jordan(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by HD6GTOM HD6GTOM wrote:

Did you get this from your fake ‘dealer website?’ Give it up.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 4:15am
Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

Why would race have anything to do with car ownership?Confused
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 6:02am
Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

That's cuz people at auction need truck parts!WinkLOL

LOL LOL
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 6:15am
We have two separate topics going here,
1. Who makes a better product
2. Which is a better run company
In my mind, if a company has to go begging to the govt hat in hand, crying the blues, they need help from the govt to survive, a pox on that company, and the govt for helping. Regardless of the quality of their product, if a company can’t stand alone and survive, I’ve got no time for them.
GM is dead to me.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic