This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AndThe Wheel Goes Round4Prayers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AndThe Wheel Goes Round4Prayers
    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 3:57am
I couldn't sleep anymore and had to vent. Today, mom got a call from the rest home that my dad has been a resident of for just over a year. They were lucky for so long, keeping the coronavirus out of the building, but that has taken an ugly turn. We went from just a few, to all but 6. As of yesterday around noon, my dad was one of the 6. He will be 87 on the 24th and has dementia.

He loves to do bookwork. He can go back in the ledgers and show you every tractor that he bought. We took a small desk into his room to make it feel a little like home. He has some files, his pictures, and a typewriter. Not today.

The home is rearranging deck chairs on a sinking ship by moving these 6 out of their and into different rooms. It is 3:30am, I can only wonder how dad is doing. I am sure he is confused and scared in a new to him room with none of his thing around him. There were some tears in moms voice last night as she tried to relay all of this to me.

I would ask for prayers for my father who must have many unanswerable questions. Prayers for my mother who can only sit and wait for a phone to ring, as she can't go and see him now. Mostly, I would ask for prayer for the rest home staff. I know they are doing all they can. They are caught in a no win situation. It can not be easy for them and their families. The fear of going to work and the fear of what they might bring home to their loved ones.

God if I may, be with my Allis family. May they, may we all, enjoy peace and well being in the days, weeks, and years to come. In Jesus name, amen.  

Edited by Unit3 - 09 Dec 2020 at 4:00am
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
Sponsored Links

JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 5:32am
Lifting your Mom and Dad up in prayer this morning, along with you and the workers having to deal with this!
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 5:39am
From here to my friend. I know there's a reason for everything but I'll be dogged if I see the reason for this virus. Just one of these unexplainable things I guess.
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 5:59am
These are the times that try men's souls! My wife and I are in similar circumstances with her mother. Your family is in our thoughts and prayers.
FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 6:40am
Prayers from S E  Kansas
Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 6:43am
Prayers from Iowa
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 6:45am
I agree as to these Trying times, Prayers up from here as well.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 6:50am
Prayers for you Unit3.
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 7:07am
I'll be praying for your family, unit 3. Darrel
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 7:47am
Unit 3,
 Our thoughts are with you and your Dad and family today. Hardest part I think is that you cant go see him. I went to see my Dad in the nursing home almost every day. 
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Brian F(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian F(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 8:45am
Prayers from Illinois.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 8:56am

Praying from New Mexico for Unit3, his family and everybody that is experiencing this scourge from china.,,
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 8:59am
Keep your chin up, tough times for sure. My mom is in assisted living now too. Basically no contact, has made for a really weird holiday season.
Wayne180d View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne180d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 9:16am
Prayers from Central Illinois My dad is in an independent first time I will not be able to have him with us for Christmas missed Thanksgiving also.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 10:41am
You have my prayers for you and your family. 

Both of my parents and mother in law spent time in care facilities, I  don't know how I would of reacted to the current situation of not being able to go in  and see them.

Why oh why does the Lord put us and our parents through some of this pain like dementia. But better to suffer this pain that what some of the "experts" will suffer on judgement day for their mismanagement of this covid incidences.  

It has been almost 15 years since my dad passed, but I still miss him. With dementia I never know if it is right for us asking the Lord to let us have them with us here or for him to take them home. 

Please keep us informed so we can keep praying to get you through this time. I know nothing else to give peace but going to the Lord with our trouble.
DanWi View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanWi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 12:52pm
I understand your pain. We have a a neighbor who we became good friends with over the years who put his wife in a care facility just before this mess hit last winter, because he could no longer care for her himself, because she had Parkinson's. I try to call him a couple times a week and talk with him. Praying for everyone affected by this, especially those separated from Loved ones and at high risk.
Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 1:10pm
So sad to hear this,, thoughts and prayers for you and your family
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 2:16pm
  Prayer to you and your family Unit 3 and for all empolyees in this type of facility.
 My mother was in a Assisted Living and Covid hit and she ended up in Cleveland in a Covid Unit for 7 weeks and they moved her 5 times in the 7 weeks, she was so confused when she came back home to a rest home, by she has gotten squared away and now it seems about every week there is a employee that become positive. Than God that none of the resident have tested positive so far, she's 93 and has been doing okay so far.
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 7:48pm
Thank you and God bless you all. 
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
Bill_MN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill_MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 8:45pm
This Covid has been terrible, but no where more so than the nursing homes. Unimaginable situation and not a whole lot that can be done to prevent it in most cases. Even if you had live-in staff, the virus just needs to get in once and it's off to the races. In MN I believe something like 80% of deaths have been in assisted living. Many prayers for your dad
1951 WD #78283, 1918 Case 28x50 Thresher #76738, Case Centennial B 2x16 Plow
HaroldOmaha View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaroldOmaha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 9:09pm
WE are praying for you !

Herb(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herb(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 9:51pm
More prayers for You and your entire family.  Herb(GA)
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 11:27pm
...and a doctor testified before senate committee about how simply taking ivermecton will PREVENT covid 19 period. Are we Americans being manipulated?
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 5:39am
Ivermectin? Isn't that cow wormer?
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 9:30am
Originally posted by thendrix thendrix wrote:

Ivermectin? Isn't that cow wormer?

Yes it is, BUT IT IS APPOVED FOR USE IN HUMANS TOO. 

The most common us in people seems to be in tropical places where it is common for people to get parasites. But when this came up on anther site a member stated he had a prescription for it here in the USA to treat lime disease.

But more importantly Kansas99 had a link to a Doctor promoting Ivermectin with what appeared to be real data. But of course this is not what "the swamp" wants to get out so it has been deleted on you tube.  

But another member of the other site claimed he took the apple flavored paste form of Ivermectin as well as the rest of his family. 

There where roomers of Ivermectin coming out of Australia early on the the spring. I had not seen anything more specific until the last week or so.  

SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 12:04pm
Levin guest host played audio last eve. Study from Australia I think gave a large number health workers ivermecton and ZERO got infected...the other group had 56% infection. Don't remember if was 800 total with 50/50 split or 800 no infection other group only 400. Either way it was significant. That video of that hearing popped up on my tablet last eve when I fired it up. Didn't look to see where it was posted.
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 2:59pm
Unit3, Praying for you all & for our whole world.

“May God’s abundant Love & Peace, surround each of us during these frustrating time. May the Holy Spirit’s Council & Grace direct us, protect us, & give us strength.”
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 9:40pm
thoughts and prayers from NE.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 9:48pm
Praying for you and your family, especially for your Dad.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 11:15pm
Tim, I really feel for you.  Prayers go out to your whole family but most of all for Dad.  This has to scare the stuffing out of him, not knowing what or why.  I hope you call Mom every day and try to reassure her, she needs it.  Just to hear your voice should brighten her day.  I know my Mom is happy as a lark when I call, I can hear it in her voice.
My Mother is in assisted living and she's got dementia also.  So far, only 3 of the staff have gotten it and only 1 resident.  They are really keeping a sharp eye on anyone and the whole place is on quarantine.  My Mother doesn't care as she has been alone since Dad died in 85.  She does a lot of reading and a little TV.
God bless you Tim and watch over you and carry you through this trying time.  I pray it all ends well.
See you at Hutch next year?

"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic