This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cancer is back

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cancer is back
    Posted: 15 Nov 2023 at 8:17pm
Going in this Friday and having prostrate burnt. They say I gots 2 very small spots in the wall. I might not be able to walk for a week. Doc said this is caused by second hand cigarette smoke. I can't remember when I had me left kidney removed.
Sponsored Links

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2023 at 8:32pm
oh gosh...I'm sorry to hear this. did you do radiation on it before? i've heard when people do that, that cancer always returns. how did you find out about the spots? 
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2023 at 9:53pm
We were doing a scope to attempt to find out why I leak so bad anymore. They found it with that. My family Dr said the thing they run up inside is about the size of a lead pencil. I hope the pain killer works good
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2023 at 10:52pm
I'm trying to figger out how cancer is on the prostrate wall and he says it's from second hand smoke? I can't help but think that you better get a second opinion from another Doc!
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2023 at 10:56pm
Once it gets out of the gland it is like playing whack a mole. Good news that even when you get mets, it isn't the death sentence it use to be. Can't cure it but can treat so it is something you die with, not from. prayers from up state new York
Dirt Farmer View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirt Farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2023 at 3:40am
Prayers for ya Tom from Illinois, stay positive and keep us posted
AC WD45 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC WD45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2023 at 5:58am
Best of luck to ya Tom. 2023 seems to be the cancer year unfortunately. One ofnmy inlaws and another of his friends are both fighting the good fight. Prayres from Mid Michigan
German Shepherd dad
1957 Allis Chalmers WD45
#WD234847
1951 Allis Chalmers WD
#WD88193
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2023 at 6:11am
Very sorry to hear that. Hope things go well and a speedy recovery
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2023 at 6:28am
As a cancer survivor, I know how we are always afraid of it returning, Good luck! You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
jeickman01 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeickman01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2023 at 6:50am
I believe what is called a "PMSA Pet scan" will show exactly where the cancer may have spread to if it in fact has spread.  Not cheap but is covered by Medicare if you have it.  Also, I believe that from what I have researched, radiation is as effective as surgery and does not have the side effects.   
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2023 at 6:52am
Prayers from SC 🙏
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2023 at 7:17am
Prayers fome Central Illinois for Tom on the way . Keep up the good fight and try to keep us updated.
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
Darwin W. Kurtz View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darwin W. Kurtz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2023 at 8:19am
Prayers for you Tom
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2023 at 10:03am
Prayers from here Tom that you beat this round!!
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2023 at 10:05am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

I'm trying to figger out how cancer is on the prostrate wall and he says it's from second hand smoke? I can't help but think that you better get a second opinion from another Doc!

So because you can’t figure it out, you figure the doctor must be wrong….
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2023 at 10:07am
Good luck Tom.

My dad begins his battle against prostate cancer next week.
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2023 at 11:21am
A prayer for Tom & his family(s).

"God the Father, creator of all, we praise you for Thy Glory. We thank you for Thy essence of Love that you gift/shower upon us continuously. We thank You for Your splendid gift of Your only Son, Jesus Christ, our Lord & Savior. Jesus Christ, we praise you for Thy Perfect Sacrifice upon the cross that atoned for all sin & purchased for us, eternal life. Jesus, please grace Tom & his family(s) by Thy strength/peace during their difficulties. And by Thy Infinite Mercy, completely heal Tom from this illness via care provided by the most excellent of health care persons. We asked this through Jesus Christ our Lord - Amen."

By simply reading the above prayer, know too that your Guardian Angel will present IT unto the Throne of God on behalf of Tom & his family(s).
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeickman01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2023 at 5:20pm
I also began to wonder if we aren't talking abt bladder cancer here. 
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2023 at 6:22pm
Tom, prayers from TN. God Bless! Tracy
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2023 at 8:33pm
Prayers Tom for your recovery as well as good doctor. The doctor fishing around inside with cameras has never been painful at the time. But when my pancreas had an attack from what little prodding it got, that was another story. So praying for good outcome for you.
Clay View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2023 at 8:40pm
Check out the Oklahoma Proton Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
Excellent facility and the staff are exceptional.
There are just a few locations in the country with proton treatment.
Do not confuse proton treatments with photon treatments.
Photon treats a broad area while a proton beam hits a specific spot thus sparing the surround tissues.  
Another way to think of it would be like using a shotgun vs a sharpshooter.
Proton has fewer side effect and better results than other therapies. 
I did extensive research in to the various treatments and found proton to be the most desirable.  Very grateful for the Oklahoma Proton Center.

Edited by Clay - 16 Nov 2023 at 8:41pm
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2023 at 9:18pm
On the homeopathic angle, there are some researchers and oncologists that theorize that most cancers start with the human immune system encapsulating a parasitic invader. They claim cures without radiation or surgery. Basically starve the cancer cells, with dietary changes, massive doses of a cocktail of vitamins & minerals, changing the ph level of the body until the cancer is completely gone. Have read reports 3-4 months to complete cure.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2023 at 5:04am
Prayers for you Tom from Michigan.
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2023 at 10:53am
Sitting here in the horsepistol waiting on the Doc to come in and get the show on the road. He said they gotta open up the old prostate gland more. He wants me to wear a catheter for the weekend. He said he will send me a handful of
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2023 at 6:27pm
Tom, prayers sent from Georgia for complete healing.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2023 at 6:36pm
Tom,
Hope everything turns out great for ya!  Kick it's azz!
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2023 at 6:46am
I had a catheter and a bag when i had my heart surgery. Wife was still here and smuggling green food coloring into hospital. God did that feak out the docs
NEVER green View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEVER green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2023 at 10:45am
Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

So because you can’t figure it out, you figure the doctor must be wrong….

I think what he is saying is the doctor does not know either, does he???
2-8050 1-7080 6080 D-19 modelE & A 7040   R50       
captaindana View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 7:06pm
Prayers from the upstate ny Tom!
Blue Skies and Tail Winds
                          Dana
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeickman01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 7:39pm
I researched the h.. out of prostate cancer when I got the diagnoses.  If your blood tested PSA is high, which is a marker for prostate cancer, they pull tissue samples from multiple locations within your prostate (not a fun procedure).  Not sure abt the discussion re being on the prostate wall but my doctor explained how it can migrate through the wall into the surrounding tissue.  But it starts out within the prostate/wouldn't just be on the wall.  
1. Get a blood test for PSA level.
2. If it is high and indicates cancer, get a PSMA Pet Scan to determine if it has spread to lymph glands or is confined to the prostate.
3.  If it is confined, make a choice between surgery or a couple of different ways to radiate it.  
4.  Either way, you'll be put on a testosterone killing drug such as Lupron which starves the cancer of the testosterone it is feeding on but of course, puts you into male menopause.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic