This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The "New" Movement To Cordless ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The "New" Movement To Cordless ??
    Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 6:38pm
Is it just me, or is our environment headed towards a NEW downfall ; the LITHIUM ION powered cordless tools ?? By and large, you guys CAN NOT tell me that the majority of "users" of these batteries "lawfully" dispose of them ConfusedCry. Throwing a AAA alkaline remote control battery is 1 thing, but a 24/36 volt LI ??
Sponsored Links

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 6:46pm
Nearly ALL trash not buried in a farm ditch is sent to a transfer station these days, is sorted and separated as well recyclable materials attended to.  LiO batteries as well NiCad batteries are generally caught.
ZachD89 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ZachD89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 6:46pm
I would be more worried about what’s going to happen to all the junk batteries in these new GREAT electric cars and trucks Most people most likely throw them in the trash and then off to the land fill. Going GREEN is so GREAT
37 A,37 Waukesha B,35 WC,38 WF,M crawler,49 WF,49 WD,53 WD45,39 and 40 RC,47 WC,41 B,39 B,48G,48,C,59D10,D21,IB,B10,B12,B208,B1,Roto Bale Loader, sp100 combine, allcrop 66, L3 Gleaner
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by DMiller DMiller wrote:

Nearly ALL trash not buried in a farm ditch is sent to a transfer station these days, is sorted and separated as well recyclable materials attended to.  LiO batteries as well NiCad batteries are generally caught.
That is a great thing to hear, I hope it's the same everywhere Confused
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by ZachD89 ZachD89 wrote:

I would be more worried about what’s going to happen to all the junk batteries in these new GREAT electric cars and trucks Most people most likely throw them in the trash and then off to the land fill. Going GREEN is so GREAT
I can't wait for MORE electric vehicles to get on the road Wink, this will lower the price of gasoline for my TRUE work vehicle Smile. There will be NO throwing away a massive electric vehicle battery in the local landfill due to the "core" charges of them LOL !!
truckerfarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 10:23pm

No such thing as a transfer station around here. Garbage comes right out of the trucks onto the working face. Pushed up the slope with a dozer and run over with a 90,000 trash compactor. This is my week in the dozer. Next week I'm the packer operator.
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 10:51pm
well we just had this conversation at dinner. Neighbor has trucking company. One of his ex employees was there shooting the sh$$, he works for power company now. That just bought the new fully electric backhoe. The batteries cost something like $80k and I forget what he said for longevity on charge. But he was saying with the other backhoes the operators would drive to emergency call and back. Now they will need to trailer it as I won’t make I back to shop. But then they were talking about the batteries and just so happens another guy was there from a large scrap yard company. He said the will not take any of these new cars trucks or anything with them new batteries. Guess There really isn’t anything of value for scrap and recycling in them and they are dangerous for shocking or something. There’s no easy was to truly kill juice. As for the cordless drill batteries and stuff. I don’t believe people are taking the time to do it the (right) way if there is. And just tossing them in the trash. 
I can see all this on that television show mysteries of the abandoned in the future 
Jordan(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jordan(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 5:19am
So in one post you are condemning cordless tools, but then you can’t wait for more electric cars? What you gonna do when your car goes dead waiting on the train?
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 8:39am
What you gonna do when your car goes dead waiting on the train?

Laughing Smiley Emoji GIF - LaughingSmiley Emoji RollingOnTheFloorLaughing GIFs

Edited by steve(ill) - 12 Jun 2021 at 8:40am
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 9:02am
Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

Originally posted by ZachD89 ZachD89 wrote:

I can't wait for MORE electric vehicles to get on the road Wink, this will lower the price of gasoline for my TRUE work vehicle Smile. If you believe that, I have some property to sell you in Florida! There will be NO throwing away a massive electric vehicle battery in the local landfill due to the "core" charges of them LOL !! probably true, but the real question is how will they be disposed of, and how much will it cost in real dollars and resources to do so
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 10:18am
Some of the guys at work are going completely cordless table saws, chop saws nail guns and air compressor.
None of this stuff lasts as long as corded stuff and it costs way more.
I’ve seen bad luck with table saws and chop saws.
I do have a couple 20v Dewalt trim guns. I use them for punch list stuff and not production work.
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 1:45pm
People will move to electric vehicles because gas prices are high and will not come down, that's the plan.
As for disposing of vehicles, try to get rid of a Prius, number 1; they won't take it unless the batteries are removed, then, number 2; (appropriately numbered), they charge you to take it.  Just like trying to dispose of a tv only bigger.
Maximum use of available resources!
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 2:00pm
People will be riding a bicycle or walking soon, if we get many more "true believers"  in the man caused climate change running the show. Only if your going to build a mansion for a big wig ruler will you be allowed to ride anything that is not human powered. Think the salve days for the Jews building a pyramid. 
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by Jordan(OH) Jordan(OH) wrote:

So in one post you are condemning cordless tools, but then you can’t wait for more electric cars? What you gonna do when your car goes dead waiting on the train?

Post of the year nominee!Wink

You got my vote!ClapClap
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 8:02pm
I don't consider a $30,000+ vehicle a "tool", a $250 drill/driver combo-YES Wink
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 8:24am
Originally posted by truckerfarmer truckerfarmer wrote:

No such thing as a transfer station around here. Garbage comes right out of the trucks onto the working face. Pushed up the slope with a dozer and run over with a 90,000 trash compactor. This is my week in the dozer. Next week I'm the packer operator.

X2, never even heard of one of those animals in these parts.  Confused
NEVER green View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NEVER green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 9:07am
LOLLOLLOL
Originally posted by DiyDave DiyDave wrote:

Originally posted by Jordan(OH) Jordan(OH) wrote:

Post of the year nominee!Wink

You got my vote!ClapClap

LOLLOLLOL almost forgot about the train post, got my voteLOLLOL
2-8050 1-7080 6080 D-19 modelE & A 7040   R50       
Jordan(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jordan(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 7:03am
A vehicle is a tool the same as a tractor, drill, or hammer.
TomC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote TomC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 9:41am
A fate worse than death, battery operated tools went dead on the job,went home early,get stuck at the RR tracks waiting on the train,the car battery dies while your waiting at the tracks,all this before happy hour & a stop by the beer store.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 1:35pm
NOW THATS FUNNY !!! 

Laughing Smiley Emoji GIF - LaughingSmiley Emoji RollingOnTheFloorLaughing GIFs

Like them all, but love the "B"s.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 6:01pm
On a serious note, I just witnessed a Makita commercial for a cordless lawn mower- it takes FOUR batteries at $120/battery Geek.  This trend towards "cordless tools" is out of control IMO Ouch.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 7:16pm
6500 Canucks gets you a battery powered CubCadet 42" rider up here..
..$1500 for a gasser
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

6500 Canucks gets you a battery powered CubCadet 42" rider up here..
..$1500 for a gasser
I wouldn't give $150 American green backs for ANY CC Wink !!
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 5:10am

On a serious note, I just witnessed a Makita commercial for a cordless lawn mower- it takes FOUR batteries at $120/battery Geek.  This trend towards "cordless tools" is out of control IMO Ouch.

Where’s your “forward thinking”? You seem to think we’ll be just fine with cordless vehicles. A screw gun is ok, but a lawn mower isn’t, but a vehicle is….🤔

Edited by Tbone95 - 16 Jun 2021 at 5:12am
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 5:26am
The problem with virtually ALL 'battery powered' equipment IS the batteries. expensive to make, expensive to use, expensive to get rid of( recycle ?,hahaha)
we all know it's cheaper to buy a 'drill/driver/batts/charger' combo kit than ONE battery.. yeah, I've got 2 still in boxes here.. Was given a battery lawnmower...yup, battery costs MORE than a whole new gas mower......
still waiting for Ford to tell me the cost to replace battery in 2022 F150 Lightning, since they put a price tag on the truck, they HAVE to know what the battery costs....
Battery powered 'stuff' seems to be the current 'game in town'. everyone focussed on the technology, but not what it actually costs us(environmental disasters...economy..etc)
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

Where’s your “forward thinking”? You seem to think we’ll be just fine with cordless vehicles. A screw gun is ok, but a lawn mower isn’t, but a vehicle is….🤔
D%(* it guys, you really can't see the point of my OP OuchOuch !!!!! It's the "tool" batteries that WILL be the death of pure ground water for drinking/cooking/bathing Confused. THESE little batteries offer NO core charge (to my knowledge) so if no recycler is available, THEY ARE GOING INTO THE LAND FILLAngryAngry !!! At least a 300 pound electric vehicle battery "possibly" has more than an $18 core for a standard 12 volt starting battery so "in theory", less damage to the environment ??
Where did I say a "screwgun" is OK ??  I made mention of how convenient they are, but NOT OK WinkWink. Your sounding WAY too much like the MO guys dude CryCry !!

Edited by FREEDGUY - 16 Jun 2021 at 5:49pm
Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 5:55pm
If the ground water is that close out here the landfill will have a pit liner and obviously all landfills have ground water monitoring wells. We even have monitoring wells at our county dump and there is about 250 feet of shale that separates the hole from first water.

Freed where I grew up the well tested high in nitrates and it’s a 450 foot well with 350 feet of shale before sandstone. It was still safe to drink we all just grew a little more than normal.

Edited by Kansas99 - 16 Jun 2021 at 6:00pm
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 6:00pm
Are you willing to bet the health of your grandchildren on your "facts" ?
These L/I batteries in the portable tools are an accident waiting to happen underground IMOEmbarrassed
Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 6:10pm
Never stated any “facts” just what is done out here to protect ground water. I’ll bet if my grandchildren live off the water at my place they won’t have to worry about drinking batteries. From what I’ve seen of some of these youngins eating and drinking various chemicals, mixing Li batteries and water might be the new craze in a year or two.
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
JTOOL View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JTOOL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 7:40pm
@FREEDGUY; "MO guys"? WTF?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic