This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fork lift ID

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fork lift ID
    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 3:29pm
Oh boy here comes another newbee! Hi, my name is Ed. I have a fork lift I need help to identify, the model # tag is gone. Here's what I do know. Eng. tag Mod G-153,  Cat 4516981  S/N G-76411.  Transmission tag  Power shift  WC Ident# 10-01-001  S/N 10146M  Cat# 4821502 mfg by Borg Warner Corp.  I believe the eng is Buda/AC. Here are my questions, Do I check trans fluid with eng running or eng off? What do I use for trans fluid? Mod# of forklift? Approx year of machine? I think the point gap is .022, does anybody know what the dwell is supposed to be?
Thx
Sponsored Links

Snowman View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 6:12pm
Guess all the pictures did not uploaduploads/20625/1Cry00_4131_2020-01-22_18-04-36.JPG
Snowman View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 6:14pm
Snowman View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 6:16pm
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 7:03pm
Ed,
 Welcome! I wont be able to help identify your fork lift. But you can have as many pictures as you want in the same thread.
Just go down a couple lines and enter the next picture.
 Congrats on the AC forklift.
 Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Snowman View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 7:31pm
OK, thanks
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 9:17am
hmm.. propane powered, 5000# lift.
you 'should' be able to score a manual from www.liberatedmanuals.com. put 'allis lift' into the 'search box' and it'll limit the list to almost manageable. TONS of neat things there, real easy to get sidetracked.
BTW do NOT go 'off concrete' with your new ride.OK, maybe once..then you'll KNOW why !

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Snowman View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 8:21pm
OK, thanks for the input
Eric B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 9:46pm
Yes, do check the transmission fluid with the engine running. If the fluid is red in color it will be Dexron ATF in there. That would be the one to use, if it's not red they may just have put hydraulic oil in it (or tractor hydraulic). The model of your forklift might be ACC-50 if it's a 5000 lbs size. The year could be anywhere from the mid-sixties to the late seventies...
As for point gap I would set it at 18 to 20 thousands of an inch, (would still run good at 22). Please let us know if you get it running well, thanks.
Currently- WD,WC,3WF's,2 D14's B. Previously- I 600,TL745,200,FL9,FR12,H3,816 LBH. Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal!
Snowman View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 8:30am
Got it, thanks
Rwt98 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rwt98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 11:33pm
So from what I been told from I believe his name was Jon is that you’ll be able to find the serial number on the main frame in the foot control area on the outer side of the frame. I do have a service Manual for these lifts. Seems one Manual covered almost all modes. I do plan on scanning it and making it a pdf at some point. Let me know if you need anything. I may even be able to find jons email. He use to produce the serial number plates for AC. So he’s an older guy but really awesome.

Edited by Rwt98 - 21 Mar 2020 at 11:34pm
Snowman View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 12:36pm
OK, thanks, I'll check to see if I can find the serial number. I would be interested in a manual
Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 5:56am
That is an ACC 50 model.  I have the same machine but with the Continental engine 
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
Snowman View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 7:42am
Just wondering if you ever did get a pdf for your manuel made up?
Thanks
Ed
Snowman View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 7:44am
Yes shes running pretty good. Any idea where I might purchase a valve cover gasket set for her?
Thanks
Ed
Snowman View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 8:42am
Did you ever get a copy of your manual uploaded to a PDF? If so I would be interested in purchasing a copy. Thanks Ed
Snowman View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 5:54pm
Rwt98. did you ever get a copy of your manual put on a PDF?
Ed
Snowman View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 8:03pm
What is the difference between a F40 and a ACC50? I assume the lifting capacity. I know the ACC50 is 5000 lbs, I assume the F40 is 4000 lbs. They both look the same in appearance.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 8:31pm
Snowman,
 Found you here too. We are working on similar machines. The F40 of mine has me in a head lock! Yours looks very much like the same engine. I am glad your running on propane. Could you take multiple pictures of the propane components?
You machine is way cleaner than mine for sure! I have so much grime on mine its terrible!
Nice machine you have! I had forgotten I had posted in your thread before I had even thought about owning one of these.
 I do have a original owners manual for F40 and 50 coming soon.
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Snowman View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 8:25am
Chris, I will get some pictures taken in the next couple of days. My machine did not look much better than yours when I first got it, but after many pressure washes, scraping, and brushing with Simple Green, that is what see looks like. Doing some paint work as I go. Yes she has the Buda 153G engine same as yours. Where did you order the owners manuals from?
Ed
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 8:33am
This may help the F40 owners.....

found at www.liberated.manuals.
in the 'search' box  I used 'allis-Chalmers F40'. There were 2-3 pages of 'hits', this is the first one.

If you can't get it, email and I'l directlt email it to you, 1.5MB PDF..

gas version btw...

jay

Snowman View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 8:49am
Got it, thanks Jay
Ed
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 10:05am
great... that site has 100-200 F40 'versions' so there's probably a 'correct' one ,I just grabbed the 1st. There's also a proatable kitchen and other 'weird' stuff near the btm of th e2nd page......

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 2:31pm
Jay,
 Got it too! Thanks! Lots a gooood stuff in the details of these machines!
Regards,
 Chris
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 3:26pm
yup, and if you goto liberated manuals you'll find a LOT more..though I wonder what a 'portable kiten' has to do with Allis-Chalmers....

irony is I've neve rfound a mnaula for MY forklift there......
Shameless' machine is making a 'donation' as I type.......

JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2020 at 12:23am
Is there a manual for Shameless's "Pretty" machine?  If so I'd like to get it and figure out how to put a remote control on it...
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2020 at 9:37am
John just put a remote control on his water supply and shut it down permentatly 
Snowman View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 8:15am
Does any one know the difference between a F50 and a ACC50 forklift?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic