This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FORD TWIN I BEAM ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2022 at 5:08pm
You can replace inner and outer front wheel bearings and races for both sides for $40.00 for quality bearings.
If kept serviced they will last many many years. They can be changed on the side of the road with no special tools. A 4x4 socket is helpful but not necessary.
Price wheel bearings for a new half ton 4x4 then see about getting them replaced. Then see about servicing them.
Then move on to the axles and cv joints which are similar to a foreign piece of front wheel drive car.
Sponsored Links

FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2022 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by Dorix Dorix wrote:

Henry Ford had his good and bad qualities, but to watch a history channel segment and have Hitler come to mind is a lack of knowledge concerning both. As for the twin I beam I didn't have one but I had friends who did, I didn't think they were that bad for what they were.

He had his henchmen murder striking workers DUDE OuchConfused !!
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2022 at 6:52pm
Thanks for "most" of the replies, yet no one answered WHEN the TIB went away Smile
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2022 at 6:58pm
Look it up on YOU TUBE... Thumbs Up

Henry paid his workers $5. ... FIRST TO DO THAT... He setup schools for the workers to finish their HS Education... FIRST TO DO THAT ...........  If you wanted to WORK , GET and EDUCATION, MAKE GREAT PAY and FOLLOW THE RULES ... then Henry was your MAN... If you were a FREE LOADING TROUBLE MAKER... you didnt do so good.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2022 at 7:01pm
1999 First year of Solid Front End FWD F250. Believe was 2001 or 2002 when Coil Front returned and the Twin I went away in F150 and F250 2WD

Never saw you ask WHEN Went AWAY.
Wayne180d View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne180d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 12:56am
I think the other guys are trying to catch Ford and have been for a long time.
KJCHRIS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KJCHRIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 10:03am
Ford used the twin I beams from 1965 until 2016 on F250 & 350 2wd. 
 and I think Mid 90's on F150 2 wd. 
 King pins are not an issue on a pickup or large truck as long as they get greased as scheduled. just like tie rod ends, drag links and ball joints but recently most don't even have zerks in them.
 At work We did far less front end work on the Fords than on the Chev / GMC and Dodge pickups in our fleet. Were buying on low cost bid; 60 - 75 1/2 ton 2 wd per year and 15 - 20 3/4 & 1 ton per year. They were kept in fleet until over 150K miles. 

AC 200, CAH, AC185D bareback, AC 180D bareback, D17 III, WF. D17 Blackbar grill, NF. D15 SFW. Case 1175 CAH, Bobcat 543B,
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 11:11am
You need one with the TIB Freebee. You would not spill so much beer when you chug down the railroad tracks to get to the blocked crossing. Clap Ford had a commercial back when they where new driving on the rails with a big star holding a  cup of coffee without spilling a drop. Clap

Chevy had a non solid axle in C 60 trucks in 1960, as one is rusting away out in my junk. It drove good for a old truck, but was told real expensive to rebuild.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 11:34am
In 1996 the F-150's went to a more conventional lower A-arm with a ball joint that wore out. They did this to position the engine lower as I remember.
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 12:47pm
Them early 60's Chevy 2 tons road like a car....sorta. Torsion bar suspension
Dorix View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dorix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 2:29pm

Some are of the opinion that his body guard Harry Bennet was the one behind that. In any case they didn't murder 6 million people.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by Dorix Dorix wrote:

Some are of the opinion that his body guard Harry Bennet was the one behind that. In any case they didn't murder 6 million people.

But BENNET was under the thumb of Ford at that time, and those murdered were AMERICAN workers on AMERICAN soil AngryOuch . There's an episode of  "Mysteries Of The Abandoned"  on the SC/channel, yours truly Ford bought property for a rubber tree plantation in SA and within  2 years was given up by the FMC EmbarrassedConfused
Dorix View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dorix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 6:56pm
  I assume your talking the hunger march? Bennet had a lot of influence over Ford so much so his family didn't approve and when Henry died one of the first things they did was fire Bennet. So how much under Fords thumb he was isn't clear. Henry Ford did do a number of good things for his employees. As far as the hunger march it wasn't as simple as Fords security murdering people, I have doubts about how accurate wikpedia and the history channel for that matter but if you type in Ford hunger march it does show quite a lot was going on at the time.

Edited by Dorix - 22 Jun 2022 at 7:07pm
sparky View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 7:27pm
All this past history “Horsesh&&t” over a Twin I Beam? Gotta be kidding me.😫
It's the color tractor my grandpa had!
Les Kerf View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Les Kerf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 7:08am
Originally posted by Ray54 Ray54 wrote:

You need one with the TIB Freebee. You would not spill so much beer when you chug down the railroad tracks to get to the blocked crossing. Clap Ford had a commercial back when they where new driving on the rails with a big star holding a  cup of coffee without spilling a drop. Clap

Chevy had a non solid axle in C 60 trucks in 1960, as one is rusting away out in my junk. It drove good for a old truck, but was told real expensive to rebuild.

Back in the late 60's or early 70's I remember seeing a Ford commercial where they had a Twin-I-Beam pickup driving along railroad tracks; there was a metal bar attached to the spindle of the front wheel and a metal bar mounted on the front bumper.

There were glass bottles standing in between the railroad ties; the bar mounted on the bumper would just barely pass over the top of the bottles, and the bar mounted on the spindle would break the bottles when it dropped down between the ties.

I always wondered who got to clean up the mess Tongue
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 5:36am
Every time I look at a new GM I can’t help but see obamas face and remember that they never actually paid back the tax payers.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 6:28am
Originally posted by Thad in AR. Thad in AR. wrote:

Every time I look at a new GM I can’t help but see obamas face and remember that they never actually paid back the tax payers.
Thumbs Up
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 9:09am
The BADGE on the hood should have bummers face on it.....
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 9:28am
Thumbs Up
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2022 at 1:52am
Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

I watched a History Channel segment on him, Hitler comes to mind Cry

Apparently you didn't get to the part where he had no high opinion of "Der Fuhrer"...
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic