This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ford question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ford question
    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 at 7:07pm
Ok guys. I been working on trucks/cars since the 1960's. Son tried to help his neighbor out buy buying his 1994 F150. Short wheelbase, 5.0 motor 4 speed. You start it up. Not moving or moving. No dash lights/warning lights come on but there is a constant beeping sound comming from under the dash.   Any ideas? Never heard or seen it before.

Edited by HD6GTOM - 30 Jun 2021 at 8:53pm
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2021 at 7:19pm
there is a separate fuse for the dash lights/ warning lights... might check that..... if the fuse is OK, the dash lights come on with the head light switch / dimmer switch..

ding , ding, ding when the door is open... Is that the beep ?   Door switch might be  STUCK or broken.. spray with WD40.

Edited by steve(ill) - 30 Jun 2021 at 7:22pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
dee_veloper View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dee_veloper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2021 at 7:22pm
Likely an air bag sensor.  Check for computer codes.
Don't confuse my personality with my attitude.
My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2021 at 7:27pm
do you have an  Air Bag Light on the dash ( over by radio) ?  If the BULB burns out, you will get an alarm that tells you to replace the BULB.

Edited by steve(ill) - 30 Jun 2021 at 7:28pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2021 at 8:38pm
1987's did not have air bags. The only thing stock that should beep is the headlights left on when the key is removed and the door opened or the key left in the ignition when the engine is off and the door opened. I would suspect the headlight switch but that should not affect the warning lights. That 5.0 and the 4spd (3spd w/overdrive) is a great combination. 
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2021 at 8:55pm
Guys my apologies. Its a 1994 5.0, 4speed with overdrive. The hydraulic clutch is low on fluid and I can't find my brake fluid.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2021 at 6:03am
my vote's for the driver's door switch.
my '97 did that  ding-ding-thing, blew compressed air ,then some wd40, been fine ever since...til tomorrow, right ?
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2021 at 8:10pm
I had a problem with one of my trucks with the door switch. My dome light stayed on all the time, which was pretty annoying at night.
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2021 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by dee_veloper dee_veloper wrote:

Likely an air bag sensor.  Check for computer codes.
'94, code might be a little sparse
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2021 at 2:28am
Air Bag warning light is burned out. Pull the cluster and replace the bulb.
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic