This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

$ For Sale Allis Chalmers CA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RyanTN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: $ For Sale Allis Chalmers CA
    Posted: 10 Apr 2010 at 4:39pm
1955 Allis Chalmers Model CA with implements: $2200

This tractor has many of the "harder to find" options: snap coupler hitch, rear wheel weights, adjustable front axle (wide front) and battery ignition (distributor).  I'm even throwing in a couple of implements with this sale: a 2 - 14 inch snap coupler plow and a home made log skidder.  The tractor is currently located in Highland Falls, NY (Orange County, 10928).

Of course this girl is equipped with some standard goodies too: 6 volt generator, electric start, hydraulics, PTO, traction booster, spin out rims, belt pulley and a new battery.

This is an older restoration (mid 1990's).  The engine was rebuilt at that time with new pistons, sleeves, bearings, and a re-manufactured head.  It has had about 100-125 hours of light use since then.  No smoke, sounds great, lots of power; a snorty little tractor!
Rear tires are mismatched.  Both are like new tread.  One is weather cracked and should be replaced in the near future.  Front tires are OK.  Rims are very solid, no rust through.  Steering is nice and tight.  The tin is real good on this tractor, except the battery box should be replaced.
All in all, this is a great old tractor.  You could put her right to work or show her with minimal effort.  I bought her to have something to play with while I was stationed at West Point.  My tour is almost over here, and if it doesn't sell, I'll gladly drag her home to Tennesse.

Again, it's "all for one money" $2200.  You guys get first crack.  I'll put it on the other site and advertise locally next week.  Delivery up to 300 miles is negotiable.  You can email, PM or call (931) two-three-seven-2642. 8am to 9pm EDT.  Thanks!  Ryan

Edited by RyanTN - 13 Apr 2010 at 9:07pm
Sponsored Links

Chuck(ONT) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuck(ONT) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2010 at 5:11pm
Nice unit, what is on the steering column?
RyanTN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RyanTN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2010 at 5:24pm
Thanks chuck.  That is the traction booster gage.  I had to recently replace the line.  Also, as of 6:24 PM, the phone number in the ad is correct.  Sorry for those that tried, but thanks for the PM.

Edited by RyanTN - 10 Apr 2010 at 5:26pm
George R. (MN) View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George R. (MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2010 at 6:57pm

Ryan,

Where's the handle for the hand clutch?  Is the clutch bolted together or some other deal?  Just curious, Thanks
My tractor is not leaking oil, it's just marking it's territory!
RyanTN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RyanTN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2010 at 7:17pm
No, forgot to mention the handle is missing.  It is not broken, just unscrewed and misplaced, before She came to live with me.  I need to find a new one at the swap meets this summer.

Edited by RyanTN - 10 Apr 2010 at 7:18pm
Don Jr NY View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don Jr NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 6:39am
Hi Ryan. Could you possibly tell me the serial number? I currently have two 1955 CA's that have consecutive serial numbers and I'm wondering how close yours is. Thanks. Don Jr.
RyanTN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RyanTN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 6:59am
Hello Don.  It is CA 35386.  Is it even close to yours?  I'm just curious.
Don Jr NY View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don Jr NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 6:25am

Not real close but not too far away either. Mine are 34015 and 34016. That puts them 1370 and 1371 apart. Don Jr.
Dave (NE) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave (NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 8:51am
RyanTN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RyanTN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 7:03pm
Thanks Dave-  I saw it last night and sent him the money order today. 
There is a lot of interest on this tractor.  There are two people "thinking it over for a couple of days", two that would buy it "if it were closer", and one poor soul is trying to veto his wife's "no" (his words, not mine)...Maybe I should make some off-hand comment about sending it to scrap.  That always seems to get them to sell! LOL 
theron View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2011 at 11:07am
 i have ca 35406 could you tell me what year that is
Tedin NE-OH View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tedin NE-OH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2011 at 11:18am
Theron  that is a 1955 tractor
wkpoor View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wkpoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2011 at 12:24pm
Looks like a decent project tractor but for the asking price I would like to see a complete battery box. 55.00 would be money well spent and shows someone cares about the tractor.
RyanTN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RyanTN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2011 at 8:49pm
This sold months ago for the asking price.  Buyer was happy.  Thanks.
wkpoor View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wkpoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2011 at 10:08pm
Wow! You did real good considering the condition. I've been told my CA that is basically NOS condition with dead perfect sheetmetal including the batt box with no rust and 100% original tires with no cracks wouldn't be worth 2K.
GBACBFan View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBACBFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 8:26am
Please post a pic of your NOS condition CA, wkpoor. I don't often get to see a pristine original tractor.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine." - Mark Twain
GlenninPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlenninPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2011 at 10:03am
Larry, you should have rode along with me from LeSueur.... We stopped at Bill's place on Sunday night to pick up the NOS 60 cultivator I bought from him. His CA sure is nice!
Glenn
Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment.
From listening comes wisdom and from speaking comes repentance.
Wise men learn more from fools than fools from the wise.
wkpoor View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wkpoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2011 at 10:53am
I'll get some pics up tonight.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic