This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Favorite brand

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMiller/NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Favorite brand
    Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 5:51pm
This the best livermush I have eaten...
Sponsored Links

weiner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 7:30pm
Is that like liverwurst?  Never heard of liver mush before. 
Real heros wear dogtags, not capes.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 7:40pm
I never heard of it either....must be an "eastern" thing? it don't look to appetizing in the pic...
TMiller/NC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMiller/NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 7:58pm
Just found in the foothills of WNC,  slice about 1/2" thick and fry till brown on outside and hot in center, good with eggs, biscuits and gravy for breakfast, or on sandwich with garden fresh tomato in summer.  Can just slice and eat straight from package, on sandwich or on crackers.  Hunter brand is close to what Mom made when I was a kid, only made then when hog was killed in the fall.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 8:03pm
Sounds like what the rest of us call Spam!Big smile
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Ken in Texas View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 8:16pm
I'm Thinking "Liver Sausage"     Braunswager.   Forgive my spelling.    Not bad stuff .  in Texas it's called 'Goose Liver"   Been a long time enjoying a "Goose Liver" sandwich since our local Stewart Community  Jot em Down Landmark called CE Rogers and Son Grocery closed its doors.  They had a heck of a deli with every and any kind of Cheese and cold cuts in the world.  ? was how thick you want it sliced. Glenn would cut a slice and hold it up and ask "is this OK"?    Talk about the good old days.

Edited by Ken in Texas - 12 Jan 2019 at 8:18pm
wfmurray View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfmurray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 8:31pm
Had some with biscuit and gravy over at the store yesterday morning.Only popular in western N C ,not in eastern N C. My idea  is that after the civil war people in our area were near starving so when they killed a hog they used the liver and mixed corn mill to get more food.They also made sauce meat using head parts.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 9:00pm
We usta make head cheese...  also scrapple.  Liver mush is similar, hot fatty and mostly corn meal, with that appetizing green color!Wink

AND, posted with absolutely no comment:

[TUBE]LFT_hQnN8Mw[/TUBE]
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 9:40pm
BRAUNSCHWEIGER
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 9:58pm
think i'll stick to just bacon!
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 1:14am
Liverwurst and yes Ken, Braunschweiger sliced thick and put on bread or toast with a piece of sliced onion and some hottish mustard!!  MMmmmm GOOD!!  Just the way it is, or fried or just heated in the micro.  I like it best raw....thick slice of onion and LOTS of FRESH ground pepper on buttered bread!!
I know it's late, but I think I'll go make myself a sammich.  I've got some Braunschweiger in a crisper drawer.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 12:27pm
Ted
     Do you eat the white layer around the loaf? Looks like pure lard to me.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 1:35pm
Ingredients for Liver Mush
  • 1 cup grits, harina or cornmeal.
  • 4 cups cold water.
  • lard.
  • 1 tsp salt.
  • ¼-½ tsp ground black pepper.
  • 2 lbs pork liver, sliced.
  • 4 eggs.
  • sage, salt, pepper, cayenne to taste.

http://www.backcountrychronicles.com/diy-liver-mush-recipe/

Enjoy!
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Ranse View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 1:44pm
I took two calves to be butchered back in November. The processing place asked me if I wanted the liver and the tongue. I said "no thanks" I don't know what they done with it. Maybe threw it away, maybe they sold it, I don't really care. We used to have a neighbor who liked beef liver and we would give it to him, but he moved away. I tried to use it for catfish bait before. It don't work, so I have no use for it. If a catfish won't eat it, I'm sure not.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 1:45pm
catfish bait.
Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 5:52pm
I'm with ya Thad...I don't really care for liver....or anything that includes liver
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 2:22am
I love chicky liver!
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 5:15am
As for recipes, try leberknoedel, bavarian liver dumplings...  My grandmother usedta make it, to get us kids started right...Wink

IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by Ranse Ranse wrote:

I took two calves to be butchered back in November. The processing place asked me if I wanted the liver and the tongue. I said "no thanks" I don't know what they done with it. Maybe threw it away, maybe they sold it, I don't really care. We used to have a neighbor who liked beef liver and we would give it to him, but he moved away. I tried to use it for catfish bait before. It don't work, so I have no use for it. If a catfish won't eat it, I'm sure not.

Ranse, if you were in Iowa I would take the tongue and liver off your hands! When I was a kid and we got a calf home from the locker the first thing mom cooked was the tongue! I wouldn't eat it then, will now. Mom's favorite cut of beef, and about $9.99/lb. at the store!
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 2:09pm
When we are getting a beef butchered we always get the tongue, liver & heart cause no one else wanted it, sure is good eating
LeonR2013 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 5:21pm
Hey Shameless, if you want really great liver save them from a ground hog or a beaver. It's absolutely amazing and good for catfish too.
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 6:57pm
I have beef liver in the freezer from 2 years ago when the neighbor butchered. I slice it to 1/4 inch, dehydrate it and break it into little pieces. The pup will do just about anything to get a liver treat LOL
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 9:48pm
Tim, you are making me hungry! We can't find any in the stores here. We had friends that lived in Mooresville that now live in Mt. Ulla and we would get liver mush when we were visiting them. Good stuff!
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by Ken in Texas Ken in Texas wrote:

Ted
     Do you eat the white layer around the loaf? Looks like pure lard to me.
It's not lard Ken, but gelatin.  It's used in souse and headcheese.
I just had 2 Braunschweiger samiches a little bit ago....now I'm burping.
"Allis-Express"
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by CTuckerNWIL CTuckerNWIL wrote:

I have beef liver in the freezer from 2 years ago when the neighbor butchered. I slice it to 1/4 inch, dehydrate it and break it into little pieces. The pup will do just about anything to get a liver treat LOL
add some bacon, onions, flour, and a Dutch oven and it's UNBEATABLE!!
"Allis-Express"
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 9:57am
X2
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
wfmurray View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfmurray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 10:36am
In my area it is Jenkins and Macks livermush.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 6:13pm
There is only 1 way to consume this stuff. Buy yourself some great Monninger beer made in Karlsruhe Germany, drink at least 2 bottles, maybe 3, and toss this stuff to the dog and hope like heck the poor thing eats it. That way you don't have to clean it up.
Wayne180d View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne180d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 6:27pm
Just took my steer in yesterday and we get the liver, heart and oxtail.  All good eating.  Liver and fried onions but the onions have to be really caramelized in the pan.
TMiller/NC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMiller/NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 7:25pm
Had a couple of slices with scrambled eggs and toast for supper tonight.  Spread some homemade Strawberry preserves on toast yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic