This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Farm Crawl

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Farm Crawl
    Posted: 26 Sep 2022 at 3:08pm
I set up at one yesterday.   What an amazing day. It was real funny watching 2-4 year old kids seeing their first young calf. Clint had about a dozen young calves in the pen right behind us. The calves were just as curious about the kids as they lined up on their side of the fence to stare at the kids. Some of the kids mommas were dressed sorta skimpy, probably for the last time this year. It was in the 80's here yesterday. Sales of honey and other stuff was great too. It was the first time I ever set up at 1. They had a dozen or so farms set up for folks to stop and look around. Farm family's were explaining to young families how they lived, produced food, etc. Most of the kids had no idea. If I had known there would have been as many kids there, I would have taken an empty bee hive and talked to the kids about them.
Sponsored Links

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2022 at 5:06pm
Best ages to learn about Foods and how arrive to a Table.  HOWEVER, do not elaborate on animal slaughter!!  Grand Niece cannot eat pork after seeing a animal processed.
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2022 at 7:29pm
MMM , bet some of those Moms were nice ! Luv that part,, LOL
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 9:19pm
Yep, most of the gals were really nice. Most were dresses up too. Today I spoke up for a spot for next year. I'm gonna take an empty bee hive and talk to some of these folks about bees.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 10:20pm
Tom...do you have honey mixed with other flavors too? the old lady....ooooops....I mean the loving wife picked up some raspberry flavored honey somewhere in her travels. I just finished a jar of it and it was good! I like honey anyways and use alot to cook with, or enjoy all by itself! 
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2022 at 12:10am
Yes I have many different flavors of honey. I am at the hospital a gitting checked out. When I gets home tomorrow I'll post a list of both liquid and Creamed flavored honey. Creamed honey has a starter mix added to honey, sorta like sour do bread. And then different flavors added to it. Its sorta the consistancy of creamy peanut butter.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic