This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Facebook Marketplace

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Facebook Marketplace
    Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 6:59pm
How do you change the location of the adds? It shows items close to my IL home but now in AZ and can't see how to change the adds to different locations in US.
I used to be young and stupid, now I am not young anymore.
Sponsored Links

john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 8:09pm
On my display there's a spot about half way down on the left side that you put in the city you want and how many mile radius you want it to cover.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Larry Miller View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 11:02pm
Thanks, John - hey, I fix tractors, not computers.
I used to be young and stupid, now I am not young anymore.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 1:48am
Originally posted by Larry Miller Larry Miller wrote:

Thanks, John - hey, I fix tractors, not computers.

LOL
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 4:34am

Well,,Good Luck, Larry,,,,and hope you find some great deals on The Marketplace where you are now,,,,,,but,,,but,,,remember you gots to be "quick" cause them good deals just do not last very long,,,,too many other dudes also lookin to get in,,,,WinkWink
HaroldOmaha View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaroldOmaha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 6:03pm
I bid on an item and then got outbid. Then I forgot about it. Two weeks later I get a notice where is your check? Tried to sell a cast iron crawler on IH, 3 guys bid but when it came to collect none of them would pay.
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 6:30pm
Marketplace has now blown Craigslist out of the water around here. --kinda sad cuz cl used to have a good standing! I had to join fb to see the good stuff!  -- bought several things at decent prices too.
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 6:44pm
Craigslist is still the place to go around here not all that much stuff on FB, plus about 15% is in Spanish.  One thing that really irritates me with CL is all the stuff of no interest or connection to the item I go to.  For instance, when I type in "Allis" on the Denver CL, I get page after page of non AC forklifts and maybe half a dozen Allis posts of tractors and other AC stuff.  Seems to be getting worse.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 7:10pm
I use both but some things are priced so high, you talk to them and they have no idea on what they have,, but sure want big money !
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 7:58am
Yeah John, I have the same problem here with just putting in "Allis" cause then I get ALL kinds of different ads out of West Allis.  Wanna buy a wedding ring?  Yep, West Allis.
Also when people put in CAT or JD or Oliver or,,,,,,,well, you get the idea.  Anyway, they list it as ANY brand of tractor so all collectors will see it.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
penarddan View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penarddan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2021 at 3:21am
I don't know how you feel about the Facebook marketplace, but I have to say I find it disgusting. In order to set up location targeting, from the page menu on the left, click campaigns, click the name of the campaign that you'd like to edit. Afterward, from the page menu on the left, click settings then click the drop-down arrow next to "Locations", enter the name of the country that you'd like to target, and then click save to add the location. Also, at https://famoid.com/buy-instagram-followers/ you can raise the number of followers on your Instagram account by buying them for a great price.

Edited by penarddan - 01 Feb 2021 at 12:11pm
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2021 at 8:01am
That's nice. I didn't know Atlanta was in China?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic