This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Electric Vehicles

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

Would be working real good in TEXAS this week.. Drive you elect car to work, then drive home.. Brown out, no power at home.. cant charge the car.... Better hope you got a GAS GENERATOR !!   or coal ! Wink
If there's no power, WHY would a person need to "go to work" ?? Think about that for a moment WinkWink .
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 9:49pm
Do you thing the ENTIRE STATE is out of power ???.............. THink about that for a minute.. Wink

power outage about 2 MILLION......... population about 29 MILLION..

Edited by steve(ill) - 18 Feb 2021 at 9:54pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 3:56am
about everyone needs to report to work even if they have no power, police, power co, fire/rescue, paper pushers, farmers, there is always something to do at where ever someone works, maybe a deeper cleaning that has been put off all year? i could fill this page with examples. 
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 2:17pm
Yep Shameless....LOTS of tasks to do!
BUT,,,,,,,,losing power in a """snowstorm""" is something else.  Can Texas sue you?
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 5:57pm

Do you thing the ENTIRE STATE is out of power ???.............. THink about that for a minute.. Wink

power outage about 2 MILLION......... population about 29 MILLION..
You and yours are sure making it sound like it WinkWink !! By your thinking/reasoning, IF they get to their workplace that HAS power, they can probably plug in an electric buggy WinkWink !!
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 6:14pm
POOR IGNORANT PESSER...

It FLEW RIGHT OVER YOUR HEAD........ DIDNT IT !!! 
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 6:51am
In one ear and out the other side UNRESTRICTED!!
Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 7:15am
Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

Would be working real good in TEXAS this week.. Drive you elect car to work, then drive home.. Brown out, no power at home.. cant charge the car.... Better hope you got a GAS GENERATOR !!   or coal ! Wink
If there's no power, WHY would a person need to "go to work" ?? Think about that for a moment WinkWink .

If there is no power, people still need to eat and if your in that business you still go to work, power or not. Think about that for a momentWinkWink
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 7:24am
Originally posted by Coke-in-MN Coke-in-MN wrote:

When one looks at alternatives to present forms of energy there are advances and setbacks . 
 Iceland already uses Hydrogen as a means of transport , but it seems the use of geo- thermal energy is also accepted as a means of heating buildings, making other forms of energy and is advanced in acceptance. 
  Here we have politicians pushing half baked and unproven forms of snake oil solutions as they have fingers in the pie of PROFIT . One has to wonder when a politician tells you what you need and then is willing to sell it to you . 

Speaking of geo-thermal energy, I happen to have some of those geo-thermal cattle waters and I can vouch that when the wind blows and it's -20 degrees it takes a propane torch to get the cattle watered.  LOL  

Not sure what green energy would thaw the lines and valves?
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 9:06am
Iceland has thermal vents from volcanic subsurface heating, not the same as the ground source cattle waterer ice controls.  Takes a deep hole to ground source a waterer from freezing over, even lakes with Deep sections will freeze over.
Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 12:39pm
Winds the issue, the insulation in the waterer will limit much ice, so long as the cattle keep fresh water in them.  That little orifice that's at the valve freezes pretty quick if any wind pushes in through the balls on top of the water level.  That's the only place they ever freeze, well unless the cattle knock the cover off.  I will say that I have one that never has a problem, it's open and the valve sticks through the bottom of the tank, show up if really cold break ice and drive off, never a need to thaw valve.  Richie and Mirafounts need melted into something useful when you start getting 35-40 below wind chills.

Sorry I think I'm a little off topicLOL

The Flintstones didn't need electricity or gas for their cars. Thumbs Up

"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 3:06pm
Friend of mine in Houston initially 'loved' her Tesla...  after about 6 months, the battery had lost a considerable amount of capacity.  Replaced battery... drove it another year and a half, same situation.  Recently sold, and bought new Tesla... and this most recent storm and outage cycle left it discharged and frozen.  New battery (again).

Here's a nice display of what the system 'reports':

Best not to consider driving one across Iowa between November and April.  I'd be rather chilly, but I'd trust my Goldwing more...
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by Kansas99 Kansas99 wrote:

Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

If there is no power, people still need to eat and if your in that business you still go to work, power or not. Think about that for a momentWinkWink
LMAO!!! You "forum jumpers" really need to get a grip ClapClap !!
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by DaveKamp DaveKamp wrote:

Friend of mine in Houston initially 'loved' her Tesla...  after about 6 months, the battery had lost a considerable amount of capacity.  Replaced battery... drove it another year and a half, same situation.  Recently sold, and bought new Tesla... and this most recent storm and outage cycle left it discharged and frozen.  New battery (again).

Here's a nice display of what the system 'reports':

Best not to consider driving one across Iowa between November and April.  I'd be rather chilly, but I'd trust my Goldwing more...
Well SleepySleepy. in the past 3 weeks "here", I've been seeing 4-6 more TESLA vehicles on my way to work in the mornings than I have in the last 5 months WinkWink !!! On a "censored"(deleted) post the other week, a guy (might have been you) said in the cold a battery vehicle could "only" get 300 MPC, that's 30 gallons worth of fossil fuel in my Ford gasser, how many $$ were spent "refining" those 30 gallons, and WHAT is the environmental impact of burning 30 gallons of gasoline ????? You guys can NOT tell me that solar/wind generation is more $$/mile ConfusedCryWink ???
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 4:06pm
Goldwing, I'd wager they're made in China by now Clap !!
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 4:31pm
re: Recently sold, and bought new Tesla.

Gee Dave, she must have been very,very happy with it, to have bought another Tesla...
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 4:47pm
Freegas is one of the Libs that believes the Food comes FROM the Grocer, will always have enough, that is obvious of the posts.

No Clue takes PEOPLE behind the scenes to Move materials, gas, oil, pallets of grocer supplies, any and everything, ALL NEED to go to work regardless the power at home.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic