This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dumb HD21A question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
ACcrazy View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dumb HD21A question
    Posted: 24 Dec 2014 at 9:57am
Nice! Thumbs Up Looks like someone roosted on the blade--rude! LOL
Sponsored Links

Adam Stratton View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Stratton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2014 at 9:05am
Here are a few pictures. The blade is 14', and sitting back in the little seat WAAAAYYY back there sure makes you feel small.  
ACcrazy View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2014 at 8:58pm
Adam, can you post some pictures of that bad boy?
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Stratton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2014 at 9:59pm
Cal. Thats exactly what the book for the older dozer shows, but I cant feel anything in my shifter that would indicate it can do anything other than forwards and reverse. The old beast had been sitting for quite a while, so something could be stuck or ?? I havent gotten real rough with it yet, and thought I better check with the experts before I tore something up.
CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2014 at 9:30pm
yes it should have 2 forward speeds but i am not familiar with the shifting mechanism or how to place in 1 or 2.  i would guess there is a spot for 2nd to the right of 1st?  but probably not that simple since you are asking.
Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Stratton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2014 at 2:39pm
We recently purchased an HD21A with a serial number in the 11000 range. I bought an operators manual for an earlier machine, thinking it would be close enough, but now its got me all confused. The book shows that the transmission has 2 forward gears, but I cant feel any indication mine will shift anything other than forward and reverse. Should mine have 2 forward gears? I have only had it running once since I got it home, it needs some work on the exhaust and filters/fluids changed among other things, just trying to get a few things figured out. Thanks in advance for help with a silly question.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic