This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Does anyone have a source

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Does anyone have a source
    Posted: 16 Sep 2022 at 12:49pm
for replacement tapes for 50' and 100' measuring tapes.
I have both a 50, and 100 that belonged to my dad, that I managed to break both tapes. The 50 is a Roe Precision Steel Tape, Justus Roe and Sons, inc. the 100 I don't know right now, it's around here somewhere, but currently I cannot find it.

Anyway, I googled Justus Roe and sons, but near as I can tell they were bought out by someone else. Lot of articles, but nothing in the way of current customer support.
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2022 at 4:05pm
Lou... there are only a couple places that make replacement STEEL tapes for older units..  You would have to POSSIBLE adapt the anchor end.... Almost EVERYTHING today is fiberglass and 30% of the cost.

Like them all, but love the "B"s.
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2022 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

Lou... there are only a couple places that make replacement STEEL tapes for older units..  You would have to POSSIBLE adapt the anchor end.... Almost EVERYTHING today is fiberglass and 30% of the cost.

Thanks Steve!

Wait for the Lord;
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2022 at 11:00pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2022 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

Interesting, would guess these are just order forwarded, I've been in the store and I'll bet money they ain't in stock.  Probably from the second source I would guess.  Now if you need a poly stock tank or some fencing materials and mineral they got it and don't get me started on the girls in Bazine.LOL
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2022 at 10:10am
ya, probably cheaper (less expensive) to just buy a new one. Like I said, these were dads, I have no idea how old they are, but just because they were dads, thought it would be nice to fix them, but probably not going to happen
Wait for the Lord;
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2022 at 10:11am
girls in Bazine?
Wait for the Lord;
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2022 at 10:12am
maybe I should not have asked
Wait for the Lord;
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 11:20pm
gits you a big ole wad of string, and when yer doin nuthin agin...mark the string with a sharpie every inch! 
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 4:50am
I still got gran-dads axe, dad put a new handle, and I put a new blade on it...Wink

Edited by DiyDave - 24 Sep 2022 at 4:51am
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 5:21am
Originally posted by LouSWPA LouSWPA wrote:

ya, probably cheaper (less expensive) to just buy a new one. Like I said, these were dads, I have no idea how old they are, but just because they were dads, thought it would be nice to fix them, but probably not going to happen

I would guess if they're are steel tape instead of plastic you can rebuild them cheaper than new, I haven't seen a steel 100' tape in years, just those cheap plastic ones.
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 5:33am
Originally posted by LouSWPA LouSWPA wrote:

girls in Bazine?

It was just a joke, Circle C is in Bazine KS, I grew up NE of there,  there been rumorsLOL  It was more famous for making national news back in the 90's as the worst the worst city in America to be in at halloween.  I don't know but in Bazines hay day there was less than 500 people but they sure new how to party.LOL

On a more serious note though, Bazine still has a stand alone Coop, maybe the only one left in the entire state and amazingly they can beat big coops and national co. on price on about half your ag inputs.  Just a couple weeks ago, I called around Nutrien, Osborne, etc and the best price I could find for atrazine 4L was $21/gal (FBN I think) called Bazine and it was setting at my farm that night when I got there for $18/gal. and that's 30 mile delivery to boot.  Funny how a little no name can be more competitive.

Edited by Kansas99 - 24 Sep 2022 at 5:44am
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
Robert Musgrave View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert Musgrave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 12:12pm
Once in awhile, Harry J. Epstein surplus hardware has tape measure re-fills; I don't know if they go that length.  They usually have refills for 8-10 foot pocket tapes.  I get the "provenance" of getting/keeping Dad's stuff use-able!  H.J. Epstein can be accessed via the internet.              R.L. Musgrave
FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 8:17pm
I was in the 'shed' organizing and found a tape wound up without case... I did not check the length but i think is is of the 3/4 wide variety... if interested I can check for more details ...  peace, Floyd    p.s. or I could just send it to you.
Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 10:44pm
well sir, I would appreciate it, however, these, or at least the 50 footer, (the 100 foot is temporarily MIA!) are 3/8 inch wide.
Wait for the Lord;
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic