This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

different color farm equipment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: different color farm equipment
    Posted: 14 Jan 2011 at 10:28pm
An old picture taken at the old Huggins farm. Henry Sherman Tucker(his dad marched south with a fellow by the name of Sherman)is the guy in the middle with the pitchfork,and also my Grandfather. The desperado second from the right with the drooping mustache, white shirt and spenders is my Great Uncle Alvin Slaymaker. I remember Alvin was "old" when I was a kid, grandpa died way before my time in 1938.
 I don't know what the engine is but I have this pictur scanned and saved somewhere and you can read the word "SPECIAL" on the side of the return elevator. I believe it to be a Red River Special with a straw stacker instead of the fan. I think Dad wrote down the names of all but one or 2 of the guys in the picture. I would guess this picture to have been taken sometime around 1900-1910??

http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Sponsored Links

FredinInd View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FredinInd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2011 at 11:46pm
Wouldn't you just like to go across time and let them see dvd's of the equiptment that we farm with today......
Oh well, I won't do that again!
Jim Lindemood View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Lindemood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 7:32am
That's an interesting crew. Nice picture. Always enjoy seeing these old pictures - thanks.
How about the women preparing to feed this bunch?
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 7:37am
That's priceless! I'd love to have my grand Dad back just so he could see the way it's done now too. He worked the wheat harvest back in the day. He'd talk about the way the old guys did it back then.
Don
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

Jack(Ky) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack(Ky) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 7:48am
That was in the day when people knew how to work hard. What we call hard work in most cases they would laugh at. That is a great picture. Just the other day a man was telling me about a house that my Dad and Grandad had built in the late thirties or early forties. I knew they had built a lot of houses but this one I would have never guessed. There was no electricity in that area then so it was all done with hand tools. I guess that is one reason people used to die so young.JP  
bikley View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bikley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 8:58am
 Great picture you have to love pictures that old and in such great shape.
GBACBFan View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBACBFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 9:15am
There's a lot to see in that picture. The clothes. Hats, kerchiefs, suspenders, no belts, and one guy with patched britches. The look of pride in hard work, no smiles, but more of a "We've got a job to do and we're here to do it." look. No gloves, their hands must be hard and calloused. And surprisingly, no dog.

That's a great pic, Charlie, thanks for posting.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine." - Mark Twain
Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 2:15pm
Charlie, Thank you so much for sharing.  A priceless picture. 
I do remember one harvesting crew at my Grandfather's place.  It was wonderful to be with all the workers.  The best was the meal served.  The very best of the local farm wives.  Was it good. 
Good Luck!
Bill Long 
captaindana View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 4:38pm
Great pic Charlie! Thanks!!
TerrySWIA View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerrySWIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 5:49pm
That's a great picture Charlie, and thanks for sharing. When I see pictures like that I always felt like I was born at the wrong time.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic