This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Deuce Dually Dump

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2021 at 4:50pm
Folks,
 Truck is not going to run for a while. Babbit is gone in the center main cap. Will begin engine/ transmission removal for further evaluation. Reminds me a LOT of the last WD45 project. Very slippery slope!:)

Maybe able to use the jib crane for this extraction. Will see how that goes!

Brakes are done except for final adjusting of rod lengths and shoe adjusters in each drum.

Tires are on and its setting on new rubber:

More things coming apart, not a good sign!:)

Regards,
 Chris

Edited by Sugarmaker - 12 Jul 2021 at 4:52pm
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Sponsored Links

john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2021 at 5:51pm
You need a pair of them mud flaps with the chrome sexy chick profile on them.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Grayray View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grayray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2021 at 6:18pm
More things coming apart, not a good sign!:) "  More things coming apart is not a bad sign, just a sign that the journey will be a little longer.  More things coming apart means that the final product will be correct and better than expected.

When my son bought a '51 Willys military Jeep, we thought a little paint and a few minor adjustments would be all.  Well, 2 1/2 years later and a full frame off restoration and several thousand dollars and the Jeep is better than we hoped for.  Well worth the time and effort.

I just may have to make a trip up to check it out.  I'll have to talk mama into a road trip soon.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 6:36am
Grayray, John, Folks, 
John, Nope no chrome mud flap jewelry on the 32!
Ray, Your always welcome to stop at the rehab center! 
Yes the 32 should be improved when done. My guess would be next summer if I get my butt in gear! Ok it will never be done, just better than it was as you say. The Jeep sounds like a good project too. We need pictures. Would fit right in here.

I pulled the engine and transmission from the 32 last night. 

Man did that slow moving Dayton Hoist engine leveler, and the jib crane work slick! Almost as if I knew what I was doing. 
Also a tip of the hat to my Grandson Nic for installing those awesome LED lights on the ceiling! Nice to have a place to work finally!
Now what I need is my work bench that is covered in tools and stuff. Would be a great place to work on this engine and tranny to get them apart.
Regards,
 Chris

Edited by Sugarmaker - 13 Jul 2021 at 6:41am
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 9:01am
  At leaast the bed makes a good storage place for parts so they don't get lost.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 11:45am
Originally posted by tadams(OH) tadams(OH) wrote:

At leaast the bed makes a good storage place for parts so they don't get lost.

t,
 It sure does! The trans and engine parts may even go in there for a while! 

Regards,
 Chris
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 5:19pm
I see a nice hole that a caddy v-12 would fit in...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 5:26am
Folks,
 So I went and bought another Model B engine.

It has its own issues too. So while engine #1 is at the machine shop this #2 engine is being evaluated for a quick fix updates and may be installed in the truck to get the systems functioning and have a moving unit yet this fall.
Here we moved the 32 from one area to another. Was a steering and brake test. Those systems functioned ok. Jim, from Bugs & Tugs doing the pulling:

Resting in new spot.

Engine work:

Cracked block from freezing I believe? Brazed and patched. The red is the Magnaflux dye penetrate.

New used radiator:

Seats? Well they have been at the upholstery shop for months. Seems other things are more important than my seats! Oh well all in due time!

Hope things are good in Orange Land!
Regards,
 Chris

Edited by Sugarmaker - 09 Oct 2021 at 6:21am
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 1:40pm
Chris, how can they fix your seats if they are sitting in the truck?lol
You are still making good progress, looks like you might have her running on her own power before the snow flies!
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 3:16pm
Wow, look at all that room to work around. Too bad that engine has so many issues
BPM75 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BPM75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 8:46pm
Chris, I've been off here for awhile and just came across this post on your truck. My love for old trucks is just as strong as it is for orange tractors Lol. Such a cool find and will definitely be looking forward to seeing more pics and updates on this!
59 D17 gas nf, 66 XT 190, 69 220.
wjohn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2021 at 9:25am
Glad that jib crane is being put to use so much. If I ever build a new shop I will have to make sure I have the concrete to handle one.

Would a G fit in the bed of the Ford? That would be pretty sweet to take to shows! Just in case you needed an excuse to get another tractor.

Those are quite some cracks in that block.
1939 B, 1940 B, 1941 WC, 1951 WD, 1952 CA, 1956 WD-45
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2021 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by wjohn wjohn wrote:

Glad that jib crane is being put to use so much. If I ever build a new shop I will have to make sure I have the concrete to handle one.

Would a G fit in the bed of the Ford? That would be pretty sweet to take to shows! Just in case you needed an excuse to get another tractor.

Those are quite some cracks in that block.

Wink And the G would not take up any floor space if it resides in the dump box. Good idea wjohn on keeping Chis busy and out of trouble.LOLLOLLOL
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 6:02am
Thanks Guys for the new tractor options too! The G is not on the list of Orange units. They just dont do much for me. Have spent hours on one in the hot sun cultivating cabbage. 
That was 50 years ago! Dang time flies.
Friend Matt says he may be able to bore this #2 model B block to .060 over. Might just get it going with a old engine that doesnt seem to want to give up. Or maybe its me that doesnt want to give up?
Have this idea that a small flat bed trailer might look neat pulled behind the 32? But for now I will be happy if it could move on its own.  Its only be 70 years!
The seats are at the shop, that was just a picture i had as I fit them in the cab.
Regards,
 Chris

Edited by Sugarmaker - 05 Sep 2021 at 6:03am
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 6:00am
Allis folks,

Engine is going back together slowly!

Sleeved one cylinder and bored to .100 oversize.

Something for my butt to set on!

Regards,
 Chris

Edited by Sugarmaker - 15 Sep 2021 at 6:01am
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 6:08am
Looking good ! Thanks for sharing .
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 2:40pm
  That seat looks great and comfy. Engine will purr before long
allisbred View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisbred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 2:44pm
Progress looks great! .100” oversized pistons =more power, might even gain a few mile an hour!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 8:54pm
Guys,
 Thanks wont make the parade Sat morning. Too many moves to make. But unless something bad happens it might run in a month or so??
 Regards,
 Chris
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 2:32pm
Maybe by the first of Oct?  Looking good in any event.  Just think back to a year ago and where the Y(our) shop was at the time!
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 4:50pm
Making great progress.
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 9:05am
Man, Chris yer' movin' right along on that bad boy. I failed to mention, my first AA was all stock, but my second AA inherited a 400 sbc. and TH350 tranny. Big trucks need a little more power. That was a fun truck, but it was rough on the spinal cord! Man, how did they drive them damn things back then? I then changed it over to a pickup with new Brookville Roadster frame. A pic of it is on our website.  Keep goin' its lookin' great!!
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 6:17pm
You'll have yours driving before MINE!!!!  And I been at it 10 months!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2021 at 5:55am
Guys,
 Thanks for checking in on me. It has been a very busy summer. throw a truck project on top of that and I am ready for a nap!

I needed a part for the truck and started looking in the vast warehouse for the item. One of those times where you dont throw things away!:)
 So here is where Allis meets Ford. I needed a alternator tightening bracket for the 32.
See if you WD guys recognize this part?

Its is almost too perfect of a fit! Minor tweek and it is now cleaned and painted and installed.

Steve can relate to this custom work to build something out of nothing like a new lower mount for the alternator.fabed from 1/8 strip steel and some Mig work.

Truck is coming along. Have mostly electrical items to complete the primary sparky circuit.
Should have compression, Fuel should be ready, just need sparky!

Allis tractors heading to the local pulls for Saturday. Getting more and more of them orange WD series tractors showing up and doing pretty well too!

Some random shots around the truck:

Adam (son) and Lexy in the 32:

Nic (grandson) on the WZ getting the 32 back in the shed.

Regards,
 Chris

Edited by Sugarmaker - 09 Oct 2021 at 6:24am
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2021 at 8:18am
That mount looks like the traction booster link to me. Probably have one or two extra around here, doubt if I'll be able to utilize mine the way you did!
ac hunter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2021 at 8:40am
Chris,
     Looks like you are making good progress on the truck despite all the other work you have to do.
     Have to say that your good looking son bears more than a slight resemblance to you.         Keep us up on your activities. Nice that your shop heat is already for w@nt#er.
     Russell.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2021 at 9:34pm
Folks, Russell, Mike,
Mike is right on the money on his Allis part moved over to the 32. 

Tonight was a mile stone!
I completed the basic 12 volt starter system which is very similar to a WD series tractor.
Included a battery disconnect too. Engine turned over in the truck for the first time in about 70 years. More details to get spark prior to the start up party! 

Regards,
 Chris
FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2021 at 10:31pm
Hiip;, hip, Hooray,,, Hip hip hooray... It is always fun to read about progress on any of the projects on here... Thank you for sharing your successes
Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die
wjohn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 8:10am
Exciting stuff, Chris!!
1939 B, 1940 B, 1941 WC, 1951 WD, 1952 CA, 1956 WD-45
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 7:52am
AC folks,
The 32 runs and drives. Has a cracked block that I have tried to e=seal with K&W block sealer. Fingers crossed on that one. Reminds me of the last WD45 I did!
My view from the couch in the shop:

Drove down to neighbors drive:

Grandson Mike tuning on the truck:

Friends and original owner at the start up party:

Regards,
 Chris
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic