This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Desert Joe or Michael V

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Desert Joe or Michael V
    Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 5:23am
I have the brother and father of a good friend broke down in NM. They’re looking for a salvage yard. They need a transfer case for a 2002 3/4 ton 4x4 durimax . I don’t know where they are yet. Looking for any advice on finding parts and delivery options.
Sponsored Links

Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 5:29am
Update the truck is A 2001 3500 Duramax 5 speed Allison
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 9:57am

gosh,,Thad,,when you find out where they is at,,,I can try to help em....but bein Sunday it gonna be almost impossible ,,altho,,we can go to Car-part.com to at least locate  them a transfer case. 
  One option to get em going might be  to disconnect the rear driveshaft and travel on the front one with trk in 4 high,,???
 Let us know,,,
Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 11:01am
yea Thad,, we kinda need to know where their at,, NM covers a lot of country,,lol..Me and Joe are on the east side of the state,, but still, we're 300 miles apart,,there should be some yards in Albuquerque, its pretty much in the center of the state..

yea,, let us know..
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 11:28am
Just got out of church. The transfer case is toast. No front wheel drive. They are now looking for a safe place to store it. I’m working of finding out where they are.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 11:35am
 OK,,let us know,Thad,,,like ole Michael says we both on the east side of NM but NM is an awful BIG state and east side is the least inhabited part of NM. If they are in SE corner they are welcome to store it here till they can arrange transport back home,,I know ole Michael will do likewise for them. Keep us posted.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 12:02pm
They’re in Moriarity. Supposedly they have a plan working. I’ll keep y’all posted. I appreciate you both.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 3:41pm
there's a good one at Tucumcari too
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 5:16pm
 Well,,Thad,,they may be in luck,,,,,"tamarrow",,,,,there should be several wreckin yards in Morairity,,it pretty good sized town,,and,,Albuquerque is bout 40-50 miles away to the west,,,,There are a couple of U-Pick and Pull yards in Albuquerque that may help.. Let us know. 
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 9:49pm
THANK God for this site huh?!?!  What are friends for.... Clap
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 10:50am
 Hey Thad,,,,how did your buddies come out finally,,??
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 11:26am
They jfound a Tcase in Lubbock and got it yesterday supposedly they are on the road as of this AM. They said to tell you and Michael thank you and for Michael to give me his old Ford. Ok I might have made that last part up. They are the father and brother of a good friend and member of the RSC motorcycle group.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 12:38pm
Really Special Club motorcycle group?

Edited by chaskaduo - 13 Feb 2019 at 12:38pm
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic