This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Deer season opened

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deer season opened
    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 at 12:04pm
This morning and we get thunderstorms at 3am until twenty minutes ago.  So no Beer hunting ended up fixing hydraulic leak on the 180/500 loader.

Allis or farm dealer that installed these used old cast Els and hardware store nipples, not anywhere near to hydraulic pressure rated so swapped to REAL hydraulic fittings.
Sponsored Links

Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2020 at 7:10pm
You could have still hunted up a few Beers and fixed the hydraulic leaks. Just don't have too many before you get everything fixed. LOL Seriously though - great looking job on the repair and great that you installed the proper fittings. Our gun season started in late October and I have not gone yet. Maybe this week.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2020 at 7:55pm
Was out mid-October for early muzzleloader. Filled 3 tags. Good thing. Nearly out of venison.
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2020 at 8:16pm
Nice deer! Muzzle loader is open here also. Haven't seen any shooters yet. Holding out for a real nice one. Tracy
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2020 at 8:53pm
DANG... you guys get an early start...Illinois shot gun season is Nov 20 for 3 days, then Dec 2 for 3 days....... The next week Dec 10 is muzzle loaders.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2020 at 8:58pm
Dave you might wanna talk with freedy, I hear he's the resident beerhunter, here!WinkWink

[TUBE]TLnmA653f94[/TUBE]

Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2020 at 9:41pm
Grandson has been out for around a month bow hunting. Shotgun starts Dec 1st. Runs off and on for 3 weeks in this part of the state. 17 acres of hay across the road had 37 deer chowing down on it tonight. Picked corn field 1/4 mile west of me had 21 on it, bean field had 6 I could see but you can only see about 20 bean rows the rest lays over the crown of his hill. The state is finally allowing rifles on the bottom 2 tiers of county's in the state. Lots of timber here. Might pull the old 30:30 or 30:06 outta the safe and grease them up.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2020 at 11:25pm

WHAO,,,Plummer,,,that right there is a NICE 10 pointer,,,!!!ClapClap  Are you gonna have the rack mounted?? Really symetric  rack,,!!!Clap
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 2:21am
found yet another hunter that didn't ask permission to hunt here...now he has to walk back to where he came from...all his tires went flat for some odd reason!
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 6:23am
DJ
Yes I have the cape in for a shoulder mount. It will be the first one I have ever had done.
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 7:30am
I agree . Very nice buck ! Thanks for sharing
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 8:25am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

found yet another hunter that didn't ask permission to hunt here...now he has to walk back to where he came from...all his tires went flat for some odd reason!

I'll bet "somebody" done the pea gravel in the valve core trick,,,,HUH,,,,???LOLLOL
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 8:42am
Gravel is hard on stuff ain't it
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 9:23am
Still carry a small hand axe in my truck, have one in Allis 180 tool box and access to one most anywhere I go.  Seems there are valve stem snags all over our two farms(BILs and our home place), cannot keep them from getting snapped off or cracked enough will not hold air on trespasser machines!!!

Rain broke yesterday, then rained/stormed again last night where a Cold Front rolled thru with 20-40mph winds today.  Have heard TWO entire firearms shots all morning(Dozen or so hunters around us) and NONE until late yesterday where did hear three shots.

Edited by DMiller - 15 Nov 2020 at 9:27am
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 9:49am
Originally posted by plummerscarin plummerscarin wrote:

Gravel is hard on stuff ain't it

We used to get a small piece of pea gravel and put it under the valve cap and gently tighten the cap on til you just started hearing a little "hiss",,,,then go about our business. If we did not like the guy we would just do one tire,,,but if he was a trouble maker,,,we would most likely do all four tires,,,,,,,,WinkWink
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 6:26pm
I just use the gerber pliers I have on my belt, and pull the stem out by the root, and leave it right there by the tire...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 10:12pm
I got up at 5 this AM to see about going out.  Pouring down rain i buckets and thunder and lightning and figured them deers won't be up either.  Went back to bed.  Going out in the morning is the plan. 

We have deer season from Oct to Jan.  I got a regular license and a doe tag.  So I can get two does if thats all I see.  At this point, I wanna put venison in the freezer, doe is tasty! 
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 1:02am
if'n you take the valve core out, put the cap back on after all air has escaped, when the owner goes after an air tank or 2, he'll hafta make more trips cuz them air tanks ain't gonna do him no good! wally world don't even sell valve cores. and no other places are open after noon on Sat**days. leave a note under wiper saying: do you understand? not that i would do something like that....aw shucks...ya'll knows better! lol
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 6:32am
Rifle season started here yesterday. Rain squalls and wind up to 55mph. Never heard a shot, when normally I hear them all day long. I don't think the wind was too conducive to hearing a shot, but then again I think the deer were smarter than the hunters and just laid low in that crap!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 6:47am
45+ years of hunting deer in MO and IL, if too wet will lay out on hill sides and NOT get up unless kick them, if too windy they cannot hear so will lay out on hill sides and NOT get up unless stumble over them.  

When hungry all bets are off where if rained for a few days or the wind does not let up for days desperation of hunger sets in and will travel to food plots during dark hours.  Daylight comes they lay down.  They LOVE cover as beans uncut or cornfields uncut.
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 3:00pm
Your so right about the hillside, as they luv laying in the sun, neighbors logged one year and we were messing around trying to run some up, they came out of this tree tops like rabbits!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 3:31pm
Still whistling windy here this afternoon, no signs and no shots.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 4:52pm

Photos from the Deerdominimum

Ours and Neighbors across the South Fence homes

Neighbor across S Fence at extreme West End

NW Corner off Brome Field

Looking East thru a Honey Locust that NEEDS TO GO!!

Are over half a dozen of the damn things along here, they are NEXT Up as a Project on the Farm.

Edited by DMiller - 16 Nov 2020 at 4:58pm
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 5:50pm
Nice !
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 3:18pm
Shotguns going off everywhere this afternoon. Grandson went out all day yesterday got nothing. At least they are combining the field of late planted beans today. That is one field they won't finish eating.

Edited by HD6GTOM - 20 Nov 2020 at 3:21pm
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 4:00pm
Went out today, aggravated, and decided to move the stand away from that N Fence.  Old 180 with forks did well where is now repositioned along the drainage creek fence line.  Do not figure to get a shot at anything but may go out again Sunday.  Rains set to erupt around here tonight thru Sunday so may set them for awhile make them hungrier.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 5:57pm
Son got a buck this am.. Daughter in law shot a doe an hour later. Two grandkids go along to watch... We made a 8 x 12 blind 10 years ago that sets by their small pond ( on the ground) for DIL and kids... Boy has been using tree stands.. I made him a 4 x 6 wood blind on skids 2 weeks ago to move around the property as needed.. room for grandson inside also and dont have to climb the trees and set in the wind.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 4:50pm
'Buddy' of mine sent me this, he prefers Dear Hunter to Deer Hunting.  New Meaning to White Tail.

And YES I AM a Dirty Old Man!!!!

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 5:34pm

YEP,,,I would say that right there is one nice ,,,ummm,,,6 pointer,,,,and,,,,and,,,them hindquarters are gonna be some Good Eating,,,,but you also gonna have to take your time "skinning" it,,er,,, him,,,um,,,her ,,,so you don't ruin any meat especially in the loins area,,,Chit,,I'm outa here,,,,,,(chewin on palm)LOL
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 6:37am
I like that Dear Hunting.......a guy could get used to shooting one of them.
Here in Wisconsin we only get to gun hunt from the Sat**day before Thanksgiving until the Sunday after.  A 9 day season.  I haven't seen anything as yet, but I only hunted last Sat and Sun.  Goin back up to the farm on Friday.  Wish me luck!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic