This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DD GRADER STARTER MOTOR

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WHISKERS1959 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DD GRADER STARTER MOTOR
    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 4:53am
HI EVERY/ONE,   IM NEW AT THIS BUT I WOULD LOVE A LITTLE HELP OR ADVICE PLEASE.     I HAVE A LITTLE DD GRADER 402-279 WITH A SICK STARTER MOTOR,
ARMATURE IS BURNT WHERE THE BRUSHES RUN,
HAVING TERRIBLE TROUBLE SOURCING ONE IN AUST,  STARTER OR ARMATURE,  
CAN ANYBODY HELP OR ADVISE PLEASE,    PLUS DOES ANYBODY HAPPEN TO KNOW THE YEAR MODEL OF THE GRADER GOING BY THE SERIAL NUMBER .
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.
Sponsored Links

DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 4:58pm
The number given, 3 digits-3 digits, is not a serial #.  Find the serial # on the tag, on the right side of the grader, where you step up, to get into the operators station, on the lower frame.  Should be a 4 digit number.Wink

On edit, noticed you are from down under.  Australian AC's had their own numbering system, my books don't cover those...Wink

Edited by DiyDave - 04 Jul 2020 at 5:01pm
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Ross D. View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ross D. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 5:45pm
North American (Canada & US made) have the serial number here:

I do not know about your grader's production. If you can send us pictures, we probably can help sort it out.    Ross D.
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 5:55pm
From Dave above "The number given, 3 digits-3 digits, is not a serial #."

From my rounds with an AC Forty Five that is likely the serial for an Australian production. 

If you have a parts book you can play the "modification game" - "mine has this, doesn't have that" and arrive at the general area of what it would be in US numbers

The starter will likely be same as a US produced one if you can find a tag on it - I'd guess a Delco of some sort.  And if it is like the "45" a current Delco series might bolt straight in.

Edited by Ian Beale - 04 Jul 2020 at 6:06pm
WHISKERS1959 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WHISKERS1959 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 7:15am
HI DIYDAVE,
                  THANK YOU FOR REPLYING,
 SORRY FOR MY LATE REPLY,       IVE BEEN FLAT OUT .
YOU ARE VERY CORRECT       THE SERIAL No IS AUSTRALIAN,
ANYWAY I WILL KEEP LOOKING FOR A STARTER     HOPEFULLY I WILL LOCATE ONE SOME WHERE.
OTHERWISE I CAN SEE MYSELF CUTTING AND FITTING LOL.
I WILL GIVE YOU THE NUMBERS ON THE STARTER        YOU MAY EVEN COME ACROSS ONE YOURSELF, YOU NEVER KNOW. Smile

DELCO
MODEL      1113152
SERIAL     68M05
VOLTS     12
SERIES     30 SOMETHING [DAMAGED PLATE]       THANKS MATE.

Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WHISKERS1959 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 7:29am
HI ROSS,
             THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY,   SORRY IM LATE RETURNING.

THE PLATE IS WHERE YOU SAID AND ALSO IS AUSTRALIAN.
ILL SEND YOU THE NUMBERS ON THE STARTER PLATE,   JUST MAYBE WITH A BIT OF LUCK SOME BODY MIGHT STUMBLE ACROSS ONE LOL  Smile .

DELCO
MODEL     1113152
SERIAL     68M05
VOLTS     12
SERIES     30 SOMETHING [DAMAGED]        THANKS MATE.

Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WHISKERS1959 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 7:39am
HI IAN
          THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY,     SORRY IM LATE GETTING BACK.

IT IS AUSTRALIAN AS YOU SAID,
ILL SEND YOU THE NUMBERS ON THE STARTER, MAYBE YOU CAN COME UP WITH A SUGGESTION LOL,
I CAN SEE MYSELF CUTTING AND FITTING FAIRLY SOON,

DELCO
MODEL     1113152
SERIAL     68M05
VOLTS     12
SERIES     30 SOMETHING [DAMAGED]       THANKS MATE Smile Wink
TramwayGuy View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TramwayGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 8:17am
You might be further ahead to get a reman starter:

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&hl=en&q=delco+starter+1113152&spell=1&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiVmtfJ3b3qAhXQB80KHWg0BWsQBSgAegQIBRAC&biw=667&bih=325

Looks to be the same as D17 and D19 Diesel. Also for DD grader.

Edited by TramwayGuy - 08 Jul 2020 at 8:23am
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 5:11pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic