This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dad's old truck

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dad's old truck
    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 9:41pm
found a new home yesterday. It had been sitting for over 20 years, probably had not been started on over 15. Neighbor a few miles from the farm had asked me about it several years back but I didn't hear anything else from him until a couple of weeks ago. It was a '67 Chevy, 6 cyl, 3 on the tree, swb stepside, body rough. He traded me a Woods mower with mounting brackets for a B and a B drawbar with little wear for it. He has already started to work on restoring it.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Sponsored Links

festus51 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote festus51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 12:08am
good to hear someone is saving it from being crushed

We the unwilling Led by the unqualified Doing the impossible for the Ungrateful
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 7:36am
Glad it went to a good home. Sounds like a very neat old truck.
When he gets done do you think you can get us a pic?
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 2:23pm
He is supposed to send me some pictures and wants me to stop by and see it when he gets done.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 3:29pm

A few pics of Dad's truck. The '68 fender (primer) was just added. Replaced the side mount spare tire fender. He said he poured some gas in the carb and it started up.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 5:20pm
I think it’s great that it went to someone who appreciates it . That’s a very cool truck. Thank you for sharing.

Edited by Thad in AR. - 21 Jul 2019 at 5:21pm
AllisFreak MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisFreak MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 7:44pm
I love them old trucks.
'49 A-C WD, '51 A-C WD, '63 A-C D17 Series III, 1968 A-C One-Seventy, '82 A-C 6060, '75 A-C 7040, A-C #3 sickle mower, 2 A-C 701 wagons, '78 Gleaner M2
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic