This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dad and i hunting treasures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 8:04pm
Bob,
(I think he is having fun with it too!:))
Those look just right and have the matching patina also. Should be a good show featuring Allis. You will be right up front!
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Sponsored Links

Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2018 at 8:28am
Chris I didn't like the old junk tires and wheels that where on the old WD when he picked it up and Bob was at work so the old man made the call to help him out and change them out with a set just laying around here.
Looks like Bob is going to be at work again today and that will give me one more day to work (play) on his picker, let's see just what I can fix for him with some parts I might find in the parts trailer. lol
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2018 at 11:26am
Bob and Don,
 Looking real good on the mounted picker!
Regards,
 Chrfis
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2018 at 12:12pm
That's awesome! I know where another one of those is coming up for sale soon. Tractor is supposed to run...
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
ac45dave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac45dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2018 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by Bradleytrench Bradleytrench wrote:

While i was out cleaning up the roadways of wrecks today, i get a text message with these pictures. Dad put the correct tires and wheels on. Thanks DAD.
Bob your dad is the coolest
54 wd-45gas ; 56 wd-45d N/F w/fact p/s ; 63 d-17 sIII N/F gas ; 60 D14 N/F ; 67 d-17 sIV N/F gas ; 63D15 sII W/F; 39rc#667 ; 2021 massey 4710 fwa ; gravely 2 wheel tractors
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 9:20am
Thanks guys for the kind words. Well I got busted, Bobby stopped by with the new tires and tubes, and found me sitting on my rear and not working. lol Today I'm going to play some more before it gets to hot. Bobby has found out just how nice Allis Chalmers guys are and has a list of new friends with hard to find parts ready to help.
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 12:06pm
Don,
Yep a pretty good bunch for folks!
Heck I set on my butt most of the time. We are allowed!
Regards,
 Chris
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 7:52am
Originally posted by Brian Jasper co. Ia Brian Jasper co. Ia wrote:

That's awesome! I know where another one of those is coming up for sale soon. Tractor is supposed to run...
Brian if you ever think one sitting in your barn someday, I'd be getting it today good running corn pickers are going away.

Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 8:03am
Bob drove me to a nice tractor show Sat, to pickup some parts from a good friend for his picker, I think he had a good time but he had work to do at home so no time to play this weekend.

Bradleytrench View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradleytrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 6:03pm

Little progress today. Fans are on all oil in all gear boxes was checked and topped off worked the side shields over with my grandpas old tin tools. Installed belt pulley. Put the ropes on the shield. Got hydraulics working to pick the picker up And let it down. Lots of penetrating oil and working things back into operation. Been a big day. But im ready for eldon next weekend. Bobby
Michael Crowe View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael Crowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 6:46pm
Bobby, that sure looks field ready! I’ll miss Eldon but I’ve got a real pretty AC wagon to put behind it at republic!
The 14th Annual Exclusive AC Swap Meet will be held in Boonville, MO, March 7-8, 2025. See the club website for details: http://www.moacclub.com/
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2018 at 1:52pm
Bobby,
 That WD and picker sure do look good! Have fun showing it this season! You have done a ton of work on it to get it ready!
Regards,
 Chris
Reindeer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reindeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2018 at 8:30pm
Looks great! Amazing how better tires make a tractor look so much better.

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2018 at 3:29am
Those sheet metal designs were works of art. This is a great save!
Regards,
 Chris
drak View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2018 at 6:56am
I never seen such a implement , what exactly does it pick ???, love to see it in action!!!!!Wink
Allis dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allis dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2018 at 7:00am
Great looking! I love to see with the old flare box wagon too. I just don't want to unload the wagon...
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2018 at 7:43am
It picks corn by the ear, does not shell it. You stored it in a corn crib, then had it ground it whole, as needed, cob and all. 
Fed mostly to dairy cows.

Dusty
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
wekracer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wekracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2018 at 1:29pm
I was back in the country a couple weeks ago looking at a power line running cross country and came up on a bunch of old Allis and gleaner equipment. One was a series IV 17 with a mounted 2 row picker. Didn’t look ok too bad for having been sitting out
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2018 at 9:31am
Bobby has the tractor/picker and wagon ready for it's first show all cleaned up and running good and we are ready to share it with all that stop by to talk about the old picker so load up and come to the show He'd like to talk to you, it's his first tractor show that Bobby has taken a tractor.

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2018 at 2:03pm
Have a great time! Kick back and enjoy visiting with folks. Do you plan to start it and run the picker a couple times?
We will need pictures too!:)
Regards,
 Chris
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2018 at 5:11pm
Bobby and I have talked about if he run's the picker or not, if he run's it we will keep all back from it, there's lots of moving parts that can grab you so that's the big ? on running it.

garden_guy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garden_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2018 at 8:15pm
Nice! Part of me is sad we had to get rid of grandpa's old mounted picker and the all crop 66 many moon ago but I couldn't let them sit out and couldn't build a shed just to house them (and repair them). Love seeing this old stuff saved from the scrap bin!
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradleytrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2018 at 9:02pm
Thanks for all the replies. I have to admit something. I ran across some things that very few people have seen since the mid to late 80's. Not only do i have a mounted corn picker on a tractor. But i also have the operators manual, factory Allis Chalmers service and set up manual, parts manual, but i happen to have a copy of some of the nicest documents know to man for a model 33 picker and a model 17 picker.

Now if you want to see what they are. I will have them on display for the only time of the year for about 15 to 20 mins. Then they are going to get put away. Just a little hint. They have a stamp on them from 1958. Bobby
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradleytrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2018 at 9:14pm
I have to admit that if it wasnt for someone messaging dad to let him know about them, i would have never found them.

The look on Dads face this morning when he saw them, he was in total disbelief. Come to the eldon Mo show. You will get to see them
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2018 at 9:29pm
Guys it takes a lot to get me all wound up over something Allis Chalmers but Bob's newest find has got me going! All I know is you guys need to come to Eldon Mo. just to see them!   Here's the link to the show. http://orapa.org/

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2018 at 9:49pm
Awesome literature too! Would love to be there! Have a great time!
regards,
 Chris
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2018 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by Sugarmaker Sugarmaker wrote:

Awesome literature too! Would love to be there! Have a great time!
regards,
 Chris
Well Chris it's not literature like a sales brochure, it's way more cool than just sales stuff. ShockedWinkBig smile 

Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradleytrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 6:58pm
Man i feel like one lucky person. I have a operation manual, dealership service and setup manual, dealership parts manual, and i have 3 copies of prints of the model 33 picker and the 14 picker that should have been destroyed.
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 9:40pm
I think all the hard work Bob put in his picker paid off by all the looks he had this last weekend, and to the guys that we had dinner with I had drink in the shop today and looked at my three step ladder and not to forget all the BS over the AC/Green plate deal I laughed my rear end off! Thanks again guys you know how to put on a good show. 

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 8:06am
Bob, Don,
 Having been a drafter for a good part of my life. The plans for the picker are a Awesome find! Hang on to those! I Agree they are very special! 
Sounds like the show was very good too.
 Regards,
 Chris
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic