This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dad and i hunting treasures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bradleytrench View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradleytrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dad and i hunting treasures
    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 4:01pm
Dad and I went to texas to bring this gem back.
Sponsored Links

Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradleytrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 4:06pm
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradleytrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 4:08pm
Don(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 9:05pm
Looks cool!! Did ya get the side shields for the engine?
Galatians 5:22-24

"I got a pig at home in a pen and corn to feed him on, All I need is a pretty little girl to feed him when I'm gone!"
Don(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 9:28pm
Nevermind...I seen them!!
Galatians 5:22-24

"I got a pig at home in a pen and corn to feed him on, All I need is a pretty little girl to feed him when I'm gone!"
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradleytrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 9:35pm
Only thing missing is the steel sediment bowl and the screen cover for the air cleaner. Tomorrow a compression test to see if itll run.
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 7:05am
It was fun seeing the look on my son's face the last three times we stopped to get fuel or just to let this old man rest from the long ride home and have guys come over to look at his picker/tractor on his big trailer tell him story's about how they used to pick corn with one just like his. He even met up with a member of the Mo state AC club at the last fuel stop after he spotted the old rig headed North on I-49. So looks like we are going to start working on the old WD ASAP. so she can make to the next show, that's less that one month away. He is going to do the work so all I need to do is watch him bring one back to life. 
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

sho-man1 View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sho-man1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 7:55am
Was this located near Tom Bean?
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 8:07am
Yes, he came way down on the price so it became doable to get it. 
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 7:38pm
Bob unloaded the old WD/33 picker off the trailer around 10:AM and just before 5:PM he had the WD running like a top and the picker ready to pick corn after a 20+ year sleep in the back of a old barn. Maybe he will post some pics of his fine work. He did a full tune-up, changed the fuel tank and carb with good loaner parts from me and will rebuild the carb and run the tank on my tank cleaner rebuild the air cleaner and a short list of new up-dates I think someone talked him into doing (I don't know just who might be behind all the updates) LOL So I'm thinking the picker will make the show this month like he hoped to. I spent some time today just sitting back and watched him work on it. I do know he had a big time driving the rig around and around the barn and shop playing with his new to him toys, just like a little kid and I had a big smile on my face seeing him play! So all in all it was a grand day at my shop today!!!!!!   

Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bradleytrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 7:58pm
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradleytrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 8:03pm
Still need to get the right tires, and rims on it. Have to grease and change all the little gear boxes oil on the picker. (There are several) but the picker does work. I cant say im good. But i did get real lucky. Im super excited to get this thing in the field this fall and pick some corn. Im just as excited to try to get to a show with it later this month. Thanks to my dad for keeping the chair held down. Lmao
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 9:06pm
Bob,
Congratulations on the WD and mounted picker! Awesome that you got it running that quickly too!
Love the pictures! Keep them coming. 
Have fun with it at the show too!
 Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradleytrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 3:40pm
Thanks Chris.
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 5:37pm
I might still have the metal sediment bowl I took off my 45 some time ago. Guess I should go look where I think it might be .

http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 5:39pm
Cool find
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 8:12pm
Bob,
FYI, I am the guy that keeps bugging your Dad about WD45 stuff, and actually called him when you were on the way home with your tractor and picker! Man aren't new toys fun! I know your going to be busy getting ready for the show. Take some pictures along the way too!
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Marlyn nwia View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marlyn nwia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 8:19pm
Why are the rear tires on backward?
Oh!  good luck picking 200 bu. per acre bt corn!
I recall they were at full capacity with 100 bu.per acre.
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by Marlyn nwia Marlyn nwia wrote:

That's what the hand clutch is for! Seriously, I think it would be fun to run it through some of today's corn.
j.w.freck View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j.w.freck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 9:20pm
sugarmaker,what kind of 45 parts you need?i have a whole barn full from 6 sets of wheel weights to a narrow and wide front axel.if interested call me.903-930-1387.....
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradleytrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by Marlyn nwia Marlyn nwia wrote:

The right tire was already on the tractor. The left tire had to be turned around to keep it from hitting the bar inside of the picker. I have the correct tires and wheels. Thats the next project.

My uncles have some 300 bushel corn. Hes going to let me bail off in it. Pictures will be taken when i do
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2018 at 11:15pm
After the hunt for a 33 picker for Bobby and not finding one still mounted I got to thinking they might be getting hard to find, so sound off if you have one in your collection (we are not looking for one now) please let me know if you take it to shows or not. Thanks Don, the happy dad. lol

Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2018 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by Sugarmaker Sugarmaker wrote:

Bob,
FYI, I am the guy that keeps bugging your Dad about WD45 stuff, and actually called him when you were on the way home with your tractor and picker! Man aren't new toys fun! I know your going to be busy getting ready for the show. Take some pictures along the way too!
Regards,
 Chris
Chris you where not the only call I had about tractors that day. lol

grinder220 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grinder220 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 6:50am
Originally posted by Don(MO) Don(MO) wrote:

After the hunt for a 33 picker for Bobby and not finding one still mounted I got to thinking they might be getting hard to find, so sound off if you have one in your collection (we are not looking for one now) please let me know if you take it to shows or not. Thanks Don, the happy dad. lol
I have one mounted on a WD,never taken it to a show but I've been meaning to take it to a local thresher show along with a D17 with a model 17 picker but it never works out time wise.
AC7040 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 7:15am
I have a picker mounted on a WC. Planning on taking it "along with many other AC items" to the Tri State Gas Engine and Tractor Show located in Portland, Indiana. Side Note: Allis Chalmers is the feature this year. August 22-25th
1953-WD45, 1949-G, 1950s Snap-Coupler All-Crop Drill, 1956 Roto-Baler, 1945 All Crop 60, Snap Coupler Subsoiler, Plow, Gleaner F, 505 wagon
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 11:11am
Bob it looks GREAT!
You're Dad would have JUMPED off that chair if you'd of screwed something up....I'm sure!  Otherwise he's just like the rest of us,,,,,,,just sits idly by and smile and is proud.  You've got a GREAT Dad!!
If nothing else, you can steal his knowledge!!!  That's worth more than that rig!!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
johnkc View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnkc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 11:31am
Bob, What show is it that you are planning to take the rig to?
I support the development of hybrid automobiles and alternative fuels as I need DIESEL fuel for my ALLIS CHALMERS!
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 12:14pm
Here's the link to the show.

Allis dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allis dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 1:20pm
I always thought those were really cool and wanted one, but I passed on the opportunity once. I think my WD45 had a picker on it once. It had the V belt pulley on it, and I can't think of anything else it would've been for.
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradleytrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 7:21pm
While i was out cleaning up the roadways of wrecks today, i get a text message with these pictures. Dad put the correct tires and wheels on. Thanks DAD.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic