This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

D-19 distributor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim-tn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D-19 distributor
    Posted: 21 Mar 2011 at 10:19am
 I think this has been discussed before. I am in need of the gear and cross shaft for the distributor(the gear that drives the tach cable). I can still get the distributor main shaft new but the little gear is disc. Anybody know of something that will work? Thanks.....
Sponsored Links

Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2011 at 11:14am
I have a repro 62-74 Corvette gear as sold by many resto shops in my D-19 along with a rebuilt mainshaft and been working perfectly for about 50 hours now. Others have had troubles with same I can only speculate as to why. I do know that my new gear would not mesh correctly with worn brass bushing for tach gear and worn out distributor mainshaft bushings, once that was all repaired the tach drive gear worked correctly too. Mine came from Virginia Vettes, great perople, good price. Link is to Ebay adfor complete set of parts to fix or they will sell just the gear too. For a forever fix the grease fitting that never gets greased on the distributor shaft needs attention at oil changes. I removed the cable and with engine running I sloooowly pump two pumps and let it come out the tach drive if it wants to. 

Edited by Butch(OH) - 21 Mar 2011 at 11:18am
Tim-tn View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim-tn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2011 at 11:19am
Thanks for the info Butch.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic