This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

D17 Diesel 262 into DD grader

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wes (VA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D17 Diesel 262 into DD grader
    Posted: 20 Sep 2022 at 7:59am
Looks like theres a difference in the rear plate from a D17 to the grader bellhousing?  If so, anybody have a plate for a DD??  Also, looking for pump lines and injectors for the same.
Sponsored Links

Joe(TX) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe(TX) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2022 at 12:19pm
The plate for a 230 diesel should work.
1970 190XT, 1973 200, 1962 D-19 Diesel, 1979 7010, 1957 WD45, 1950 WD, 1961 D17, Speed Patrol, D14, All crop 66 big bin, 180 diesel, 1970 170 diesel, FP80 forklift. Gleaner A
Wes (VA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wes (VA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 5:55am
Thanks Joe,  I'll try looking for one on classifieds page.  I guess I could fab something, but I was trying to avoid that (I have a 301 that I figured I'd have to do that for)  found this 262 close by thought it would slip in easier than 301.
DonBC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 12:14pm
The adapter plate for the transaxle on the D graders was needed as the transaxle was not made by AC and was also used by Galion for their similar sized grader. Galion used a 6 cyl International diesel engine. I gave away all my information when I sold my D grader and I don't remember who made the transaxle.
Jack of all trades, master of none
Tony.Or View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony.Or Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 3:36pm
I have a   230  plate  in Indiana.  $300 + frt .         Tony 
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by DonBC DonBC wrote:

The adapter plate for the transaxle on the D graders was needed as the transaxle was not made by AC and was also used by Galion for their similar sized grader. Galion used a 6 cyl International diesel engine. I gave away all my information when I sold my D grader and I don't remember who made the transaxle.

Wasn't it Clark?
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 6:22pm
This is definitely IIRC - I seem to remember Clark and a mention that the crown wheel and pinion was Ford something.  And neither might be right.

Those crown wheel sets get about - I put new seals in our (OZ) Massey Ferguson post hole digger and its set is local GM
DonBC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 1:21pm
Dave and Ian are both right. The transaxle was a Clark and the crown and pinion was a Ford truck crown and pinion. I always felt that my D grader was geared too fast and thought of trying to find a Ford crown and pinion with a different ratio to slow it down.
Jack of all trades, master of none
Wes (VA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wes (VA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2022 at 8:51am
Thanks for the replies.  Tony, I'll be calling you.  I think I read somewhere that the transmission was mfd by clark.

Edited by Wes (VA) - 05 Oct 2022 at 8:52am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic