This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Classifieds
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

D17/19 Rebuilt Fender R.Side

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary(OR) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D17/19 Rebuilt Fender R.Side
    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 at 9:10pm
An original, right side D19 fender, should work for D17 as well. All rot has been cutout and new metal butt welded in place. All finish work has been completed and is ready for color (Orange)! Asking $250 plus shipping

Edit; Having a problem with photos. Send a PM and I can e-mail them.

Okay, here's a few photos.... 
After metal fab/ welding
After block sanding, wet 
After final application of surfacer. Ready for color

Here's a link to some other AC bodywork...https://www.flickr.com/photos/134390019@N07/

Edited by Gary(OR) - 19 Jul 2020 at 2:00am
Sponsored Links

ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 6:20am
Very nice ! I recently pulled my D 15 fenders and knocked the rust off . Painted them with a rattle can . They look better but nothing like yours . Good job !
Gary(OR) View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gary(OR) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2020 at 5:27am
Good idea to remove the fenders periodically if it's a working tractor. D series are some of the best looking tractors of all, imo, but fender mounting was a poor design. Really needs a seal or gasket on the top side to keep dirt and moisture out.

Anyway, the fender appears to be sold.  

Thanks
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2020 at 12:57pm
Fantastic looking work! Tracy
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
jrsinn83 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrsinn83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2020 at 2:21pm
Hey Gary my email is jrsinn83@gmail.com...I live in Illinois what would it cost to ship it out to you? Really nice work!
Gary(OR) View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary(OR) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2020 at 3:21pm
This fender was sold last summer. If you have a core, send me some photos and I can give you estimate on rebuilding, including return shipping. I'm presently working on 2 pairs of D series fenders, so there's a short waiting list. 
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2020 at 11:42am
Wow! I did a bit of this on a couple WD fenders once but nothing like your awesome work. How did you get the 7000 hood dents and wrinkles out?
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Gary(OR) View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary(OR) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2020 at 10:49pm
That was an 8550 hood if I remember correctly. I dunno, are they the same a 7000 ?  Nothing special, just hammer, dolly and metal shrinking techniques involved. I admit I was a bit intimidated at firstShocked, but being it was a relatively flat panel (when new), it went back into shape fairly easy. Just takes a lotta time.
jrsinn83 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrsinn83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 7:23pm
No problem...when I run back home sometime this week I will send you some. You have an email I can contact you?
Wes (VA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wes (VA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 7:30am
Beautiful work!! On the Grille, did you cut it into 2 pieces then weld it back together?
Gary(OR) View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary(OR) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by jrsinn83 jrsinn83 wrote:

No problem...when I run back home sometime this week I will send you some. You have an email I can contact you?
PM Sent
Gary(OR) View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary(OR) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by Wes (VA) Wes (VA) wrote:

Beautiful work!! On the Grille, did you cut it into 2 pieces then weld it back together?

Yep, I've did a few, but the last one I did cut open and weld back together. You can imagine how much easier it is to straighten out that way and saves a bunch of time as well.Clap  Obviously the extent of the damage will dictate the best course of repair...

Edited by Gary(OR) - 05 Jan 2021 at 4:59pm
Wes (VA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wes (VA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 9:38pm
Im sure that is easier! I hadnt thought of that before. I've got one that the one side is creased so bad it kinda looks like pac man.
Gary(OR) View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary(OR) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2021 at 5:07am
Sounds challenging (to say the least)...If you'd like to send a photo or 2, I'd be happy to offer some thoughts.
Wes (VA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wes (VA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2021 at 8:19am
RCBREWER View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RCBREWER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2021 at 5:16pm
Wondering if you can cut and replace fenders for d10 and d15 like you posted on the d19 fender? what would the cost be per fender?

Gary(OR) View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary(OR) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 12:07am
Originally posted by Wes (VA) Wes (VA) wrote:

Here Gary, have a look...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/191683247@N04/50809756368/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/191683247@N04/50810432171/in/dateposted-public/

Well that's worse than any I've worked on. I'd try to get it as square as possible before cutting. Not sure if it would fit in a press. I have a tire/rim breaker I made that bolts onto a 6x6 in a pole building. A long pipe hinges onto the fixture so I can get lots of leverage. I'm pretty sure I could use it to exert some serious force pressing pac mans mouth into the floor! LOL A little side pulling (top & bottom of grille) at the same time with come-a-longs would help. Also before cutting, I'd try to get the face of the grille (the rounded edge) to lay flat on the floor. A piece of pipe the same or slightly smaller diameter as the rounded edge with a handle welded to it to use with a BFH. 

Hope that makes sense...

Edited by Gary(OR) - 08 Jan 2021 at 3:37am
Gary(OR) View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary(OR) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 12:18am
Originally posted by RCBREWER RCBREWER wrote:

Wondering if you can cut and replace fenders for d10 and d15 like you posted on the d19 fender? what would the cost be per fender?

Yes, I'm finishing up a pair for a D10 Series III right now and have some for a D15 to do next. Let me get back to you when I'd be ready and a estimate. I feel I'll need to raise my rates as it includes return shipping and was notified by FedEx that their fees will increase this month. I'll soon find out how much! Materials always seem to be increasing as well. 
Wes (VA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wes (VA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 7:23am
Thanks for the advice. I'll see what I can do. The key to any "dent" is knowing where the impact was that started it. At least thats what "the key to metal bumping" book says.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic