This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

D-14 Hydraulic pump help needed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D-14 Hydraulic pump help needed
    Posted: 05 Apr 2024 at 5:26pm
The hydraulic pump on my D14 has a plunger stuck; I assume the spring is broken but I don't know how to get the cam pin out.  The service manual says to remove the cam follower pin, pin washers and the cam followers.  ok but how?  is the pin a press fit in the casting? Do the pin washers have to be removed first, somehow? I don't know what is holding the pin in place and I don't want to use a lot of force unless it is necessary.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks
Sponsored Links

Model 70 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Model 70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2024 at 5:42pm
Should be able to take a hammer and a punch and drive out the pin. Usually comes out fairly easy. Then when you reinstall it you should see a couple dimples on the casting where it’s been center punched before. Just re dimple those spots. That’s just my opinion I’m sure you will hear from guys with a lot more experience than me    
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2024 at 6:13am
I don't remember taking the pin out (it's been a long time!), but just a little info you may (or may not) find helpful.

The D-14 and early D-17 hydraulic pumps are the same.

I have a (9000 lb.) 4 post car lift that I used to lift the tractor when I replaced the pump on one of my D-17's. Taking the pump out was easy. Replacing it was a session that grandkids were banned, since they shouldn't hear that kind of language!

If you have a car lift available, it's a lot easier standing up (or sitting on a seat) than laying on your back!
Dean View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2024 at 10:34am
thank you, your advice was helpful!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic