This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

D12 series 2 - Hyd.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Burl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D12 series 2 - Hyd.
    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 6:03pm
Hope I can make this clear. Tractor is D12 series 2 - Ser.# 3159 . Has indp. PTO , live hyd. pump with two out ports . One is lift and back one controls Power Booster . The original control valve has been replaced with single two way (Cross brand ) valve. The hyd. lines are in shambles , the way I recieved it. Want to clean up the mess . NOW- can the PB be usable with this set-up ? Looking at manual I dont see how without factory 3 port control valve. If there is a way, please inform me. If that is to crazy , what do I do with the PB pressure line . Can it be plugged ? It produces pressure full time . Got the bright idea to take out idler gear but it wont pick up prime.
This subject had been brought up before but I did not see remedy . Any body know what can be done ? Thanks
Sponsored Links

Charlie175 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 5:40am
Traction Booster I think you mean?

Do you need this feature? Do you still have the control rods that operate the traction booster valve? 

The factory control valves tend to leak over time and once pitted on the inside, won't seal. People replace it with an off the shelf unit to maintain 3 point lift use but lose the TB feature.
Charlie

'48 B, '51 CA, '56 WD45 '61 D17, '63 D12, '65 D10 , '68 One-Ninety XTD
Burl View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Burl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 7:37am
Yes , TB, not PB .Dont know where I got that. I am sure the old valves went bad and were replaced . I removed all the TB parts. Only thing to delete is pressure line from pump . Prev. owner ran TB line to front port on lift valve which really just pluged it off. I quess that this is an OPEN hyd. system. I think this is bad. How do I dump this pressure? Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic