This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

D grader

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D-allis Iowa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D grader
    Posted: 10 Sep 2011 at 9:05pm
I was wondering how many of the square tube model D graders were built? I was also wondering what years they were buit? Thanks
Sponsored Links

Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2011 at 9:50pm

According to Norm Swinford's book the D grader got the square frame in mid 1961. That would be about serial 5900 for gas and 2250 for diesel. They seem to have a different serial number series for gas and diesel. The D grader became the M65 in 1971, the Fiatallis 65B in 1979, the Fiatallis FG65C in 1995 and finally the NorAm 65E in 2004. Check out www.noram65.com click on about us and then heritage. Noram is more proud of their heritage than Agco.

Edited by Calvin Schmidt - 11 Sep 2011 at 9:57pm
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
q4016lanz View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote q4016lanz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2011 at 10:14pm
Hi guys could anyone tell me were the serial number is on the round frame grader and approx year built thanks john

15 allis chalmers tractors

9 lanz bulldog tractors

2 water cooled deutz

9 john deeres tractors

14 Aus made orange chamberlains

I spent most of my money on old tractors I wasted the rest
DonBC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 12:16am
The serial number is typically found on a plate on the frame about where you climb into the cab on the right hand side.
Jack of all trades, master of none
Steve allis dozer View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve allis dozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 12:18am
Hi John I think it should be under the door where you climb in, stamped in the chassis not sure which side . I will see if i can find out for sure?  regards steve
q4016lanz View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote q4016lanz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 3:45am
Thanks Don and Steve i will have a look tomorrow there is a part of a tag on right hand side but unreadable cheers john 
15 allis chalmers tractors

9 lanz bulldog tractors

2 water cooled deutz

9 john deeres tractors

14 Aus made orange chamberlains

I spent most of my money on old tractors I wasted the rest
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic