This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

d grader. what are they worth?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrench spinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: d grader. what are they worth?
    Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 11:27am
Hi, There is an allis chalmers D grader for sale locally, The serial # is D-358, I am guessing it is a 1949. It looks decent for the year, yellow in colour "not sure if that is correct". Front tires lean ,no power steering,power circle and I would say that a clyinder has been added to move the circle left and right. What are ther worth? Sorry no pictures . 
Sponsored Links

DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 8:40pm
A D grader, Gas motor, no PS, no lean, no power blade, is listed on Craig's list, locally, by a neighbor of mine, for around $3K.  No takers, so far.

Here's a copy of the ad, I was wrong about the price.  Grader was originally  owned by Boyd Tucker, then Richard Gosheff, who restored it.

< ="reply_" style="display: inline-block; ">Reply k4rcs-4106061960@sale.craigslist.org [?] 

Posted: 2013-10-02, 9:40PM EDT

Allis Chalmers Model D Grader - $3750 (Crofton,Md)

image 1
In very good condition. Older restoration but done right. Can send pictures upon request. Cash or certified check only. Scammers do not bother.

Edited by DiyDave - 27 Oct 2013 at 5:28am
wrench spinner View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrench spinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2013 at 7:26am
thanks, for the reply. the one here he is asking  $ 6000.00.
dustinmo View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dustinmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2013 at 10:31am
bought one last year for 1100 or 1150   don't remember    had tilt front, put a manifold, new hyd hoses, 4 new skins on it (on the rear had a blow out), new fluids, and new cutting edges probally have close to 1800 in it now but runs and works like a champ
DonBC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2013 at 1:27pm
$6000 seems a little high for a 1949 D grader although they didn't change much in the following 10 years. That was the first year that they were made. The power circle is definetely a bonus. Mine is a 1959 and the parts book does not show power steering as an option in 59. I added a cylinder to replace the manually adjusted side shift linkage as well. A word of caution if you buy this grader is do not try to side shift the moldboard when the moldbaord is down and loaded as you may bend the rod of one of the lift cylinders. Don't ask me how I know. LOL. I paid less than $3000 for mine about 12 years ago but it was far from being in pristine condition and it did not have the power circle.
Jack of all trades, master of none
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2013 at 9:20pm
One has been for sale in Grand Forks ND for probably over a year now. Seller is asking, I think, $13,000. It does look nice, I'll give it that. Darrel
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic