This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CRS Disease....er what happens when

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CRS Disease....er what happens when
    Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 12:59am
I'll even put a STAMP on mine!!

There's a joke behind this, but I'm not tellin,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,oh heck, I am too.....
I'm gettin (got) that old timers disease REALLY BAD,,,,,,,,,,,,or good, depending how you look at it........  anyhow, out of the last 20 (or so) letters, etc. I have put in the mail box,,,,,,,, at least 5 have come back with NO STAMP on em....  How come we still can't have COD??  Or what about if I don't put any return address on em??  Will they still deliver em??
This is getting to the point where it's NOT funny anymore.... one cost me more interest than the stamp was worth!!  Pfffftt.

How many of youse guys have done this lately??
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Sponsored Links

Burgie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Burgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 5:13am
It only gets worse!!!!!!!!
"Burgie"
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 5:42am
stamps ? I can't afford stamps !! I pay all my bills online, through my bank, though I get the companies to mail ME their bills. Sure they want ME to go 'paperless' but unless they CREDIT me $5/month I'm not going to cause I need a PC, printer, ink, paper, time to make the bill for 'record keeping purposes'.
next time use scotch tape to hold the stamp on !

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 6:10am
When I got my Drivers License renewed the woman behind the counter asked me if I needed my glasses to drive. I said no I wear  them all the time so I can remember where they are on my head ! She laughed and said I know !
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 7:39am
 Aw,,,,Ted,,,don't fret too awful much,,, I'm gonna say thats just part of gettin old in life,,,Wink
  Although,,,,,,,,,,,it is some bothersome when you misplace somrthing and walk past the friggin thing enough times it OUGHT to jump out and help you find it chit, chit,,,
  I HATE losing things that I really need and I keep tellin myself,,"They ain't really lost,,,if I could just STOP walkin close to where I left it,,,,,, That right there is why I got so many UNFINISHED projects,,,,,,each one of them projects gots a missin "something" that ain't showed up just yet,,,,,but,,,,but,,when I DO find the friggin thing,,,why,,I'll just finish it up but till then,,,,,,I'ma just start up another thing,,,,,chit,,,,,I still gots 4 1/2 acres left to fill up,,,,,,Wink
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 7:52am
I need a tool from the garage, so I walk out there to get it... By the time I get there I forget why I went to the garage !
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 8:00am
Uhhh Ted, It sounds like your CRS has progressed into border line CRAFT.  LOL
TimNearFortWorth View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimNearFortWorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 9:06am
When you save every plastic cottage cheese container with the lid (and wash it), and butter container, and yogurt container, etc. because you are gonna use it for small parts when you start that project.
When you save every coffee can because it will hold PAW wheel flange pieces, larger nuts/bolts, washers, gate latches/hangers, nails, etc.
When you see yourself saving any resealable plastic bag that looks heavy enough for small parts or big enough to hold shop manuals/parts lists, etc.
When you find 20+ old Copenhagen cans in the back of the large toolbox drawer, and one of them had an air fitting in it, the one you looked everywhere for how many years ago?
Side note; funny how big those "dip" cans were just 10 years ago as the newer ones will fit entirely inside the older ones . . . . .

Do some shop cleaning like I did yesterday, then you see how much of that $hit has been taking up space cuz you hardly used any of it.
Also found plenty of small "project containers" that had bolting/parts that I at least labelled with duct tape/marker or put a note inside.

Maybe the worst part of this is when you find yourself picking a certain brand of ice cream over the years, cuz that container can be re-used in the shop?
Yeah, I see all those heads shaking . . . . .
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 10:50am
Originally posted by TimNearFortWorth TimNearFortWorth wrote:

...you find yourself picking a certain brand of ice cream..

{Bang}  Guilty as charged!  (sigh).  But it's quality ice-cream... I don't waste money on empty calories unless it's made with REAL milkfat, okay?

Nice thing about the Wells Blue Bunny, is that they're oval-shaped.  Put 'em on a slightly deeper shelf than a plastic peanut-butter jar, they hold longer parts that wouldn't fit any other way.  3", even 4, mebbie 5" bolts... heck... I think I could put a whole TSX carbeurator in one...

I once walked around the house in frustration for 25 minutes looking for my sunglasses and car keys...  LOL
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 3:07pm
I like it when you see people looking for their glasses and there on top of their head.
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 4:36pm
Last week I lost my wallet. Looked fo it for two days cancelled my debit card and had given up was trying to get my wife to take me to the airforce base to start replacing the important stuff. Went out to the shop to get the suburban out and wouldn't you know it was sitting on the drill press. I haven't used the drill press in weeks.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 9:58pm
Yep, are going out to the barn to get something,,,,,you see the lawnmower sitting there,,,,,,so you decide to put the blade back on it and cut some grass......so you go BACK to the shop to get the blade and see,,,,,,the original project.  Oh yeah, I'm going to the barn.  So off you go again,,,,,,,,you get to the barn and see that carb you've been working on and tinker with that for a few minutes......ah ha,,,you need that special screw driver for the orifice,,,,,,,that's out by the corn crib,,,,,,,,you spot the broken jack on the hay rake,,,,,

a conversation with the little woman......
What did you do today?
Well, I worked all day.
What did you get done?
Well I was fixing on that snow blower and then the lawn mower and then on the........
She's shaking her head as she walks away with a load of laundry in a basket....

What'd YOU do today?
"Allis-Express"
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 10:48pm
I can't remember.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 2:51am
Originally posted by chaskaduo chaskaduo wrote:

I can't remember.

LOLLOLLOL
 Hey Chask,,,I USED to have thet problem but most of the time chit,,I forget I ever had a problem,,,,LOL

Edited by desertjoe - 03 Mar 2019 at 2:51am
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 6:44am
Just the other day I got a text from Jenn. She sent my nightly list of things to do. When I got home I forgot the text and went to the shop to tinker with the old drillpress I bought.
Many times I go to the shop for a tool and don’t return for several hrs.
I find I enjoy working on what I hadn’t planned on much more than what someone else planned for me.👍
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 8:25am
 Hey Thad,,,,they IS safety in numbers,,!!  Here I was thinkin I was the only'ist one forgettin chit alla the time,,even tho it didn't really bother me too much cause,,,,cause,,,Chit,,,I'll just do it tamarrow or the next day,,,,if I don't forget then,,,,,,Wink
 I'm beginnin to think that is what is happenin with Old Red,,,I just keep forgettin bout thet poor thing,,,,Every day I make myself a solemn promise 'cept I can't seem to find them "strings" I used to use for rememberin,,,,,ain't that the chits,,,,?????LOL
TimNearFortWorth View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimNearFortWorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 8:50am
Dave, that is exactly what I was referring to on the ice cream.

My biggest "justification" on those plastic ovals? Spray cans; learned that any Kroil spray cans brought home from the rig because they lost their aerosol fit two side by side. Since Kroil eventually leaks through the seam on the can, great for soaking or pouring onto bigger parts to soak or over top link threads/lift arm balls while on the tractor.
An auto punch is great for "draining" any penetrant cans also after aerosol is gone as you can pour any left over parts. Surprising how much is left in some cans.

Don't get me started on heading out to do one thing before finding a reason to jump on something else, my shop is full of those . . . .
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 10:12am
Originally posted by tadams(OH) tadams(OH) wrote:

I like it when you see people looking for their glasses and there on top of their head.

Hey, I resemble that statement! Darrel
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 10:56am
You ever have a hat on so long, it feels like it’s not there anymore? Then when you take it off, it feels like it’s still there???
Ken in Texas View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 11:45am
After reading this thread I find I have so much in common with you folks it is SCARRY.
      After cleaning up around here of all the Allis parts "I" will never use  there are still shelves of containers of all sorts, large and small with this and that nuts, bolts, Screws, nails and other interesting objects in them
      I found myself trying to decide by dumping each container out on the workbench if what I find is worth keeping. So far I have filled two 5gal metal paint thinner cans with little iron junk like rusty nails, screws, nuts and bolts and anything else that fits thru the  hole left by cutting out the plastic spout.  Man these cans full junk metal are heavy. Good thing the cans have handles. Both cans full will go on the trailer on the next trip to sell "SHORT IRON" currently bringing   $6.50 a hundred
     I got to be careful not to scrap any nuts, bolts, washers used to hold a B and a C together.     I now have room in the shop to put these two Allis together and money enough to make em pretty
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 11:54am
One thing I bet Ted hasn't forgotten lately. He has got to shovel snow! Wink

Even I can't forget that, although I'd like to. Wink
Darrell G (MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrell G (MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 2:04pm
Look on the bright side Ted, crs will allow you to meet a lot of new people sooner or later.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by Darrell G (MN) Darrell G (MN) wrote:

Look on the bright side Ted, crs will allow you to meet a lot of new people sooner or later.

And you can hide your own Easter Eggs.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 2:00pm
And if he's luck he will find the easter eggs in a couple of days and they will still be edible
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 10:20pm
Now that I've read all the way down this far, I have to ask,,,,,,,,what was the original topic we were discussing?
I don't have to go out and shovel snow till SUNDAY!!!  YIPPEEEE....Oh yeah, that's when we go on daylight savings time also....Angry
"Allis-Express"
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 7:16am
We go onto daylight savings time already. ..? I'm already tuckered out after a days work. If I have to work an extra hour a day next week, I'll be sleeping like a baby at night. Darrel
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 1:28pm
But Darrel you've got new babies to tend to.
Scott B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 2:57pm
Isn't anything wrong.  Think about it....everytime you lose something you'll always find it in the last place you look!
D17 Series 1
Allis B- 1939
Allis B- 1945
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by darrel in ND darrel in ND wrote:

We go onto daylight savings time already. ..? I'm already tuckered out after a days work. If I have to work an extra hour a day next week, I'll be sleeping like a baby at night. Darrel
NO Darrel,,,,,,,,the other way,,,,,,SPRING AHEAD,,,,FALL BACKWARDS......... SO, you gonna lose an hour Cry,,,,,,,,,so you only gotta work 15 hours instead of 16.  Now ain't that nice!!  UNLESS,,,,,,,you're out in the barn at the 2 o'clock hour Ouch when it happens, and then you'll just be calving an extra few minutes less.  Did that make sense to you???  If so,,,,,,,,then splain it to me!! LOL
"Allis-Express"
DanWi View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanWi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 10:06pm
One thing I find myself doing is walking back out to the barn after evening chores to make sure I closed and latched a gate to a cattle pen, I usually did it but I did it without thinking and don't remember that I did it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic