This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

COVID-19 in County

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neal (scMN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: COVID-19 in County
    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 8:44pm
I live in Martin County, MN. The population, of the county, is about 21K and we now have 29 confirmed cases of COVID-19 with 3 deaths. I know of several more who had the virus but were never tested, my wife and I are quite certain that we had it earlier before any testing was going on. Nine of the 29 were from one small church about 3 miles from our home.
Has any other of the forum had this very nasty virus?

Edited by Neal (scMN) - 01 Apr 2020 at 8:46pm
Sponsored Links

john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 8:52pm
County I live in has 80 and 8.  I haven't gotten it yet.  If I do get it I probably won't be on here ever again.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Neal (scMN) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neal (scMN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 9:00pm
John, how big is your county? We are by far the most inundated in the state by population.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 9:04pm
That goes for a lot of us.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 9:04pm
old people home here got closed down, everyone in the building had the virus, some died. I don't know our population here right now.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 9:37pm

Ya'll know,,there are some very dedicated Christians that are insisting on attending church services regardless of the government decrees against such meetings of close contact conditions. I do not choose to get into an argumentative discussion of whether a person's First Amendment "rights" are being infringed upon but instead choose to err on the safe side and "PRAY AT HOME". I firmly believe that God listens to those that follow him,,wherever they choose to PRAY and not necessarily in Church,!!
 I could never be honest with myself if I insisted in going to church while we got chit like this just sittin there waiting for more victims.
Neal (scMN) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neal (scMN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 9:42pm
The people that had the virus and went to church with it weren't showing the symptoms and this was also early, before gathering bans were in place.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 11:39am
We just got our first confirmed case last night.
I’m having mixed feelings about not being essential but required to work.
I feel blessed to still be making money but I feel wrong at the same time.
I do bring my lunch and don’t go in stores but they have landscapers and stucco workers on the job from who knows where.
I also feel like I could be a risk to coworkers due to my wife being a hospital worker. I have been praying from home and quite often at that. I pray each of y’all are doing ok.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 12:24pm

Well,,Many Thanks for your concerns My friend,,,and I do feel your pains about being unsure bout WHAT to do. It's an extremely tough decision to contend with because it's your livelyhood you are talkin about. Some things to consider are ,,Does the company pay your insurance and is the coverage adequate to cover some likely exorbitant costs should you become  sick?
 The 2.2 Trillion bill President Trump just signed is to address those workers that are displaced from work due to the virus and/or it's affects. It is also designed to help business that are affected by shutdowns. According to what I've been told, you and Jenn will receive $1200 each in the near future for use as needed.
   you are correct in having concerns as to other workers at the job sites cause like you say,,,you ain't got NO idea what where or anything bout where they been and IF they ARE carriers,,,,how would a person know,,??That right there would be my Biggest concern,,!   There are way too many unknowns at this time,,,and the only'ist way I know how to take care of ole Joe,,,is to take care of ole Joe,,,
 I prolly didn't help much with all this rambling,,,but you take care of yourself FIRST then everybody else,,!!!Clap
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 12:52pm
17 cases in Sangamon County , about 135,000 people . Thad I feel your anxiety over going to work during this . I try to only run emergency service calls . Can't believe all the people that want me to come work in their houses during this . I have turned down a bunch of work that I do not deem "essential" . Guy with a pool house with problems , another has a boat house , slow sink drains , etc , etc . I have been lucky in that I have 3 customers building new houses and 2 of them are out in the middle of no where . Told customers I will work if no one else is there . Customers have been very accommodating . One contractor on site at a time with a 24 hour period before another contractor comes on site . I bring lunch and have parts delivered and left outside . This week has worked well as I am all alone and have not been anywhere but the jobsite and home . Be safe Thad and keep your distance from those subs .
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 3:35pm
Our county just got it's 3rd case today. The first 2 had been out of the country haven't heard anything on this 3rd as to how it got it. OUR POPULATION IS 53,628
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 5:51pm
If you do feel bad you will not get tested unless the symptoms are severe.
I know that first hand from several sources.
Other than that, fever below 100.4 take Tylenol, stay hydrated and stay home
and ride it out. Just the way it is and no getting around it.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 6:16pm
The population of the County I live in is just under 190,000.  We are up to 113 cases but I was mistaken, we have 2 deaths.  However, we have no hospitals in the county so some of the statistics may be counted in nearby counties.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by Neal (scMN) Neal (scMN) wrote:

I live in Martin County, MN. The population, of the county, is about 21K and we now have 29 confirmed cases of COVID-19 with 3 deaths. I know of several more who had the virus but were never tested, my wife and I are quite certain that we had it earlier before any testing was going on. Nine of the 29 were from one small church about 3 miles from our home.
Has any other of the forum had this very nasty virus?
Are you certain of the ratio's? Seems like your %'age of C/F(confirmed cases) in your county is equal to or MORE than some entire states?? Just trying to wrap my head around your #'S Stern Smile.

Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 5:54am
Now up to 13 here. No deaths. 
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 7:28am
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Ya'll know,,there are some very dedicated Christians that are insisting on attending church services regardless of the government decrees against such meetings of close contact conditions. I do not choose to get into an argumentative discussion of whether a person's First Amendment "rights" are being infringed upon but instead choose to err on the safe side and "PRAY AT HOME". I firmly believe that God listens to those that follow him,,wherever they choose to PRAY and not necessarily in Church,!!
 I could never be honest with myself if I insisted in going to church while we got chit like this just sittin there waiting for more victims.

Yep Joe that is a real head scratcher for me also.  Same chit happened here  locally also.

It looks to me like the pastor, padre,or what ever would have more common sense, consideration, compassion or what ever than to have the parishioners get in a big gaggle when you are dealing with deadly consequences.  Confused
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 7:21pm
Stumbled across this and thought I'd share.   Stay Safe and Well.

Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 8:05am
Now up to 14 in Jeff Davis Parish, no deaths.
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 10:05am
Thad, tell Jenn she is a REAL HERO. The nurses, medics/EMT's, doctors, and fire/rescue are putting their lives on the line for the rest of us. In a way I am glad I am retired from the fire/rescue but then I also feel bad that I am not out there in the fight.

Our church is not meeting but doing services online. I miss the fellowship but I agree with not having any large gatherings. As a Christian one of your "duties" is being of service to others and not gathering together to hold a worship service at this time is serving others.

There are probably as many or more cases of this virus that are undiagnosed (just my opinion) and that is one thing that makes it so hard to control. The county where the farm is located is mostly rural and only has 2 cases and no deaths but most people down there are making more of an effort to stop the spread than ones around here. I am sheltering in place down there as much as I can. Neighboring county to where I live has nearly a hundred cases and 8 deaths, the county here has 5 cases, no deaths. If I get any take out food now it is from a locally owned mom and pop establishment or Chik Fil A.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
ocharry View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ocharry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 10:19am
i hope every body is doing ok with this,,,and the workers and hospital people are true hero's trying to hold the line on this thing,,,first responders and and police men and women 

i pretty much been staying home,,,nothing much has changed for me,,,only got to town when i need to,,usually once a month,,,maybe twice,,,but i have a list on the table that i add too and when i go i just get it all and that is that till the next month

BUT,,,while sitting around smokin my pipe and drinkin coffee i do some pondering,,,lol  sounds sisticated,,,dont it ,,,,any way i was thinin the other day,,,we all been stayin away from each other,,,and all the shin digs is canceled,,,no sports,,,i dont really care about that,,,but any way,,,,so my little ol pee brain say ,,,,hmmmm,,,I JUST WONDER WHATS GONA HAPPEN WHEN THEM SKEETERS COME OUT,,,,is they gona turn this into a war zone,,,,they do spread that west nile zeeez,,,and molaria zeeez,,,and who knows what else them little bitting bast,,,,,boogers spread,,,

so what any you fellers think on the skeeter thing,,,,think its gona get worse when they git here to play???????

ocharry

chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 11:43am
American Mosquito Control Association and World Health Organization say no.

In addition, CDC offers the following

Mosquitoes and ticks can’t spread all types of viruses. At this time, we have no data to suggest that COVID-19 or other similar coronaviruses (e.g. SARS, MERS) are spread by mosquitoes or ticks.

For a virus to pass to a person through a mosquito or tick bite, the virus must be able to replicate inside the mosquito or tick.

AMCA will continue to monitor the situation with our public health partners and provide any new information as it becomes available.

fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 7:45am
I took last week of because I was feeling like hammered dog crap. Kicked in Saturday before last. Wife and I had the flu over the last Holidays that was a lot worse than this has been. Body aches and nausea was the worst of it. Coughing and some congestion but tolerable. Went to the Doc mid week and she wouldn't do anything because I didn't have a fever. 99.5 is not a fever. She said go home and stay there. Wife mainly had nausea and headaches.
I don't know what it was/is. Better now. Taking this week off also.
I'm covered pay wise so I'm good.

No confirmed cases in my county until last few days and now there is 2. I work in the highest concentration of cases in KS. One other guy I work with is off sick too.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 7:56am

Well,,Fixer,,I;m hopin and prayin that you and your honey come out of this OK and it not the covid,,and what I;m readin,,that 99.0° is a good indication that it is NOT covid. So stay home and GET WELL,,!!
 My younger brother works in the oil fields and he says there has not been any cases of covid so we're stayin hopeful on that.   Then,,he calls me Last Sat that he had to get off work and had to go to Dr for aches and pains but NO cough and when they checked his temp and got 99.0°,,they said NO covid but sent him home for 14 days with Flu symptoms  Talked to him last nite and he says he feels good and ready to return to work.
 Stay Safe, Buddy, and stay home,,,,Clap
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 7:59am
So glad your feeling better, that had to of had your nerves frazzled, both you and your wife at the same time. Good idea to take extra time, helps you recover more stamina and not possibly spread it if you got it.

Edited by chaskaduo - 06 Apr 2020 at 8:01am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic