This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Covid Test Positive

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Covid Test Positive
    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 1:58pm
Son tested positive Friday since coming down with symptoms on Tuesday. SIL confirmed positive today/ daughter negative but can’t work for 14 days and only after a second test that’s negative.
Wife and I both started having symptoms on Friday and going for test on Tuesday. Pretty confident I know what the results will be.
First 24-36 hours has been the worst. Perpetual high fever, headache and body aches.
Stay safe everyone.
D17 Series 1
Allis B- 1939
Allis B- 1945
Sponsored Links

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 2:28pm
Prayers from here for all to recover.
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 3:13pm
My wife and my mother both had it. Mama got sick first then a few days later Danielle started. Mama tested positive and Danielle didn't go but we're pretty darn sure that's what it was. They're both healthy so after the first day or two they started feeling better. Both of them lost their sense of taste and smell for several days though. I thought that was a little strange
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 3:34pm
Loss of Smell is a common symptom of Covid19.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Grayray View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grayray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by chaskaduo chaskaduo wrote:

So, are you saying that the best test is to put all of us in a room with Shameless after he eats his beans.  Everyone that gags and holds their nose is negative? 
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 4:39pm
Scott, prayers for a speedy and full recovery for you and your family.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 4:46pm
Tyler, glad your wife and mother are doing okay. Sometimes this bug hits really hard and sometimes it is more like a case of the flu. But the media is going to report that everyone that gets it is a worst case scenario. Got to keep the sheeple in line. I need to be a bit more cautious when I go out, sometimes I let my guard down.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 4:52pm

Hey Scott, So Sorry bout your family getting thet chit  Prayers for all and you and your wife on tuesday,,,,,Clap

If you don't mind telling,,,,I 've been curious when one tests positive,,does the health dept question your family members on their recent travels, and who, what where,,,in their efforts to track who, what  and where,,???
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 4:54pm
Good questions Joe.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 5:52pm
Scott prayers are headed your way for you and your family. Please keep us posted.
Tyler same prayers sent for you and your family. Please keep us posted.
Scott B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Hey Scott, So Sorry bout your family getting thet chit  Prayers for all and you and your wife on tuesday,,,,,Clap

If you don't mind telling,,,,I 've been curious when one tests positive,,does the health dept question your family members on their recent travels, and who, what where,,,in their efforts to track who, what  and where,,???

Thx Joe. It’s a real PIA to get tested and takes a couple days just to get an appt. There isn’t any tracking or questions other then on some forms you fill out prior to the test; eg have traveled in past 6 months or been out of the country. They’re pretty much swabbing and circling yes/no results on a piece of paper.

Also, as Hubert notes there are varying levels I believe. Some like the flu and others worse. My 20 year old son was down for about 3 days and now he’s pretty much back to normal except for the cough.
Appreciate everyone’s comments. I recommend taking all precautions to avoid getting this. Especially if you have other health issues.
D17 Series 1
Allis B- 1939
Allis B- 1945
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by Thad in AR. Thad in AR. wrote:

Scott prayers are headed your way for you and your family. Please keep us posted.
Tyler same prayers sent for you and your family. Please keep us posted.

Thanks Thad. They're both doing fine now. Been good for a couple of weeks or so.
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 6:58pm
Prayers! God Bless, I hope all goes well!
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 7:30pm
Prayers to all involved. Hope everyone gets healthy and remains so. Hope all our members are being as safe as possible.
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
Bill_MN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill_MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 7:38pm
Being that it's a new virus that no one's had, there's a lot wider range of experiences getting it. Your neighbor could be hospitalized, and you could barely have a sniffle, it's crazy. Point is, don't put any stock in what the news says and just try to maintain your health the best you can otherwise, lots of sleep and avoid the worst of the public places.
1951 WD #78283, 1918 Case 28x50 Thresher #76738, Case Centennial B 2x16 Plow
Andrew(southernIL) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew(southernIL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 9:57pm
The current flareup right now across the country is definitely  real. The hospital my wife works at had no cases hospitalized 5 days ago and today has 11. So everyone needs to use some sense and caution right now. Hope you all get well soon.
If fishing is a sport your looking at an athlete
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 12:18am
thoughts and prayers for everyone...my immune system is about nil, been staying home mostly cept for going after my meds. always wearing a mask when away from home. people that are about 99% healthier than me are dying from that chit! i wanna live awhile longer...
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 7:17am
In Michigan, there is a lot of questions and tracking down if one tests positive. Don't know or care to comment on how effective that might be, but they do.

#2 son is in Ft. Wayne in grad school. Person in the program tested positive, now one of her roommates, and now a roommate of my son's girlfriend, and they're pretty much all friends. Son is getting tested today or tomorrow. So far none of them are super sick, all 20-somethings. We shall see.

Edited by Tbone95 - 13 Jul 2020 at 7:17am
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 7:37am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

thoughts and prayers for everyone...my immune system is about nil, been staying home mostly cept for going after my meds. always wearing a mask when away from home. people that are about 99% healthier than me are dying from that chit! i wanna live awhile longer...

I think that I speak for the entire group; we all want you to live a while longer, too!

Prayers to you and your family, Scott. Darrel
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 8:25am

The ONE thing that is a common denominator in ALL "health" related business's is that
"Before" you are admitted into their building, you have to take a 2 minute questionaire,,,AND you have to agree to a temperature scan of your forehead, Plus social distancing.There are NO Exceptions to this and all the nurses I have spoken to say all carriers will indicate an elevated temperature. They do that every time I take the wife to the Dialysis clinic AND,,I'm OK with that,,!!
 BUT,,,,BUT,,,they DO NOT do that at the places where there are way more people to people interacrions and opportunities to pass the virus around,,,,Like grocery stores.,You gotta ask yourself,,,"WHY DON'T THE AUTHORITIES REQUIRE THIS SIMPLE ACT?" "I" would want to know if I was a carrier,,,wouldn't ya'll,??
Dennis J OPKs View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dennis J OPKs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 9:48am
I have it on good authority that going into Taos, NM there is a banner.  $5000. if not wearing a mask in public.  That might get the attention of a few.  I am aware that some of the population living in & around Taos are artists & celebrities.  Nevertheless, it's an attention getter. 
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 10:07am
Originally posted by Grayray Grayray wrote:

Originally posted by chaskaduo chaskaduo wrote:

So, are you saying that the best test is to put all of us in a room with Shameless after he eats his beans.  Everyone that gags and holds their nose is negative? 

No.  I would only do that if I wanted to Torture or Extort a lot of money out of you. LOL Wink
Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 5:29pm
Just hope the Health Dept. don't get these notifications mixed in with their VD letterhead or mama aint gonna like it.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 1:17pm
Prayers for your family with Covid. My 93 year old mother is in a Covid section of a rest home in Param Ohio with it now she will be retested on the 24th to see if she is still positive. It was carried into the assisted living that she was living in by a couple of Amish girls that had been to a couple of weddings and they temp was taken everyday when they came to work. This stuff can be carried and spread and no visible sign at first, then it's too late. So far 2 have died from the assisted living and it is setting empty after being disinfected.
Ken in Texas View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 3:20pm
Are all the tests legitimate ?
   Test  Case in point.  Neighbor and wife  went to be tested and filled out all the paperwork and were put on a waiting list to be tested.  Got late and left without actually being tested. Two days later were notified that both neighbor and wife tested positive  for  the virus.   Go Figure.   

My prayers go out to all who were really tested positive.
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 1:13pm
My brother's roommate (they live in NYC) tested positive back in March.  They both ended up with it (obviously) as did much of his apartment building.  He called me right away, all freaked-out... I told him to stay in his apartment, order in his dinner, and wait it out.  Nobody died.  My brother didn't notice any substantial symptoms (his words "Like I barely had a cold").  I recently asked him if he'd heard any reports of anyone 're-getting' it.  He thought about it for two days, and answered that he had heard of none.

Of course, at the time, they were doing basically 'no' structured testing... so while you were hearing grave numbers of respirator shortages and wailing and gnashing of teeth by politicians and media, there were probably hundreds of thousands quietly waiting it through it's course, within their dwellings, while some others ignored it and wandered about to share it with others.

The part about statistics and 'testing' is very much true-  if we did no testing, the 'numbers' would go down.  If we do more testing, the 'numbers' will go up.

So what's the 'reality'?  It is that
1) we cannot inherently 'see' it
2) we cannot tell wether or not we have, and are carrying it until after we've had it for a while...
3) Logistics, staffing, and circumstances are insufficient to keep up
4) statisticians are looking at data which is mostly inaccurate...
5) Media tools are cherry-picking what they WANT to see, to support some agenda

Thus... we are naturally 'behind' the 8-ball at all points.

Proactive measures, considering we cannot 'see' this, is pretty basic...
1) Avoid circumstances where transmission vectors exist...
2) Apply the best protective policies to prevent becoming a part of the vector

And also, keep in mind:
3) MOST PEOPLE won't be substantially affected... they'll get it, and get over it.
4) Those that ARE MOST SUSCEPTIBLE to serious problems must be protected.

In my opinion... based on all this:

If most people get it, and aren't affected... and
If my brother's observation of nobody re-getting it is accurate to general population

Then a herd-immunity solution is the shortest course to result.

What is Herd Immunity?

It's a biological buffer.  Let's say you're elderly, and in a nursing home with 120 others who, many would not survive an encounter.  The town in which your facility is, consists of about 3600 people.

Let's say that everyone ELSE in the town around you has had this virus, and gotten over it, and as a result, most of them, including the facility staff, will have antibody response that prevents them from getting it again.

At that point, the facility will be in an 'insular' state...  it will be surrounded, and serviced  by a barrier of people who will not be part of a transmission vector into the facility.

Everyone has had a cold, and the flu.  Many of us have had chickenpox, mumps, measles... many of the olders remember polio.

Once youv'e been through these things, they're mostly defeated as a result of immune process.  There are side-effects to ANY virus, and Chickenpox has the most well-known-  Shingles.  We can't stop that.  We also can't stop many of the other Herpes variations (Who HASn'T experienced a cold sore?)... they're all virsuses.

Viruses aren't alive.  They're constantly changing, and while they don't last long under some circumstances, they can last extremely long under others. 

There's literally millions of viruses which we're in continuous contact.  Most affect plants, bacteria, and fungi.  Smaller amounts affect animals, and only a scant amount have effect on people.  Corona viruses have been documented in existance for over 5000 years, this strain would likely have gone unnoticed in comparison to many of the other afflictions that've run through human history.

An immunologist friend of mine who is also an anthropologist (they go hand-in-hand) a strange thought that I cannot take credit for, but it was a well-made point:

We are at a point in history where the knee-jerk reaction is to blame ALL CAUSES OF DEATH that are NOT directly related to some incident, where ANY circumstance of sickness is present, to be the result of COVID-19.  At that same time, ANY DEATH which occurs, REGARDLESS of wether the individual HAS the virus or not, but while there is high focus on COVID-19, will be labeled by statisticians as a 'result of COVID-19'.

(Example:  A little old lady falls while walking her pug.  They take her to the hospital, but no doctors can work on her, as the ICU is packed with COVID cases, and they're stuck with very limited staff... and she dies of internal bleeding while waiting. 

IF we can hold off this virus long enough for all the susceptible people to live out their lives and die of something ELSE FIRST... then this virus will NOT be blamed for their death, right?

I realize that the very nature of this forum makes it a predominantly older, and thus more susceptible demographic than say... forums for surfing, skateboarding, and hip-hop music. 

I am very happy to inform all of you that when reading and responding to this forum, hundreds, possibly thousands of your friends, from all over the US, Canada, Australia, and other places, will be, on average, only 16 to 20" away from you at any given moment, yet you will be TOTALLY SAFE from receiving or transmitting ALMOST ANY disease, regardless of wether it's a virual or bacterial infection.    You will be entirely isolated from the gaseous exhudance of beans, the unknowing sharing of anti-seize, and the stray of blood from cuts and scrapes.

There's only one thing that you'd risk sharing here:  Old Iron Syndrome.  Particularly Orange Tractor Disease.

Unfortunately, you're already here, so you're screwed... but the worst fact, is that it's FATAL... TERMINAL... It'll last forever.  For some of us, the end might come in a few years, mebbie a dozen... others of us may survive with it for another two, mebbie three decades.

Bow your heads and pray with me:

Lord, have pity upon our Orange (and other colors... because All Tractors Matter) community, that are young, who acquired it at an early age, and thus doomed to suffer this terrible affliction, who will fight it for a half-century or more, before being able to join the rest of us in holding up the daisies when we receive thy blessings of  rusty tears beneath the tractors of our eternal fencerows....

Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 1:26pm
sad part from what I was told is every time you test positive it registers as a new positive and adds to the positive test numbers like you are another person
Scott B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by tadams(OH) tadams(OH) wrote:

sad part from what I was told is every time you test positive it registers as a new positive and adds to the positive test numbers like you are another person
I believe that's probably the truth.  I'm really hoping to not get re-infected but the studies to date are saying immunity may only last 2-3 weeks.  Health department called my wife this morning and advised we are "good to go" 10 days after our first symptoms and provided we're not having any symptoms.  No need for the follow-up test.
I'm here to tell all you fellas, that swab up your nose is painful.  Feels like they go up and brush behind your eyeballs.  Felt like I had a bloody nose the rest of the day;  so glad they're telling me I don't need a follow up test.
D17 Series 1
Allis B- 1939
Allis B- 1945
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 10:21am
DaveKamp I like your thoughts,you explained things much better than I ever could. Something you picked up that many don't talk about,DON"T FREAK OUT. You get it in your head your going to die,that puts you right on the edge of the cliff. 

Confused But you said "Viruses aren't alive?" I guess it could be how you define life,but anyway explain or correct please.

Since a virus multiplies and mutates, that seems to me to say it is alive. 
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 10:56am
Ray, it is kind of a weird "splitting of hairs", but viruses aren't considered alive, because they cannot survive or multiply (hence mutate as well) until they enter a living cell of a host.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic