This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Covid hitting hard

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Covid hitting hard
    Posted: 24 Dec 2021 at 6:11am
A few nights ago Jenny and I figured we have 11 or more close family members with Covid right now.
Prior to this a couple weeks my brother, his boy, wife and two of his kids had it and fortunately all recovered.
Jenny’s dad has been in the hospital since September. And just recently taken off the ventilator.
I have an aunt with 5 girls. 4 of the five girls have it. They all live far from each other. One(my cousin Pam lost her life to it night before last.
Her mom will likely pass in the next few days.
Jenny’s brother, wife and two kids have it.
Please pray for those in need this Christmas, no matter what their needs.

Sponsored Links

plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2021 at 6:23am
Thoughts and prayers for your family. Tough times to be sure.
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2021 at 6:39am
I lost a former co-worker and great guy in October from COVID. He was 56 and still working.
My wife lost a former co-worker last month from COVID. She was 58 and still working.
I have "friend of a friend", currently hospitalized with COVID, on a ventilator (age 50-ish) and not doing well right now. His girlfriend is recovering. 
As you said, they all live far from each other (other than the girlfriend).
None had any underlying conditions (that I know of). All were unvaccinated.

Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2021 at 7:38am
Prayers Thad. That’s rough.

How’s Jen holding up with work and such?
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2021 at 8:07am
Prayers headed your way Buddy.  Give Jen a big hug for me.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2021 at 8:13am
   Yes prayers for everyone that has it to have full recovery. This stuff is getting bad all hospitals in northern Ohio is full and NationalGuard has been activated to help them
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2021 at 11:11am
Damn Thad , tough way to spend the holidays. Prayers on the way for your family at a time when we should all be together.
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2021 at 11:29am
Prayers for you and your family. Covid can be some nasty stuff. And I don't think the gubmint is telling us the truth about it. Be cautious and stay safe.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2021 at 6:58pm
200,000 MORE CASES... EVERY DAY ! ........ this is Crazy !
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2021 at 7:07pm
Ugly times
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2021 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

The hours were getting unbearable. She left the old folks home and took a job as a traveler for 6 weeks. She’s working about 2 hrs away but I see her twice as much as at the nursing home.
They may ask her to stay one more 6 week stay. I hope she does.
I do know she misses some of her patients and they miss her. Luckily she can call them.
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2021 at 9:31pm
Prayers for the family Thad to weather the storm and hope next year will be better. We have been lucky that no one in our family of about 35 have gotten it, everyone is vaccinated I believe. I worry for the youngest grandson as he is only three and a half and too young to get the jab. Wife's side of the family is getting together next Friday to celebrate Christmas but have already told the wife I was not going due to the risk even with everyone vaccinated.
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2021 at 10:17pm
Prayers to you and the entire family Thad. God Bless.
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2021 at 1:31am
prayers for everyone that has it and may still contract it! the county that i used to work in has had over 900 deaths from covid so far this year. looks like i stay home another year again. my immune system is about nil.  
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2021 at 4:31am
For some reason the little unpopulated farming community where I grew up has been hit bad.
My father-in-law is still hanging on and most of my brothers family there have recovered but they’ve lost several in the community.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2021 at 7:02am
Originally posted by Thad in AR. Thad in AR. wrote:

Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

The hours were getting unbearable. She left the old folks home and took a job as a traveler for 6 weeks. She’s working about 2 hrs away but I see her twice as much as at the nursing home.
They may ask her to stay one more 6 week stay. I hope she does.
I do know she misses some of her patients and they miss her. Luckily she can call them.

Amazing work and dedication people like her do. That is sad about the patients that miss her that she has left behind, but there’s only so much in anyone’s tank.
Merry Christmas and god bless.
Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2021 at 11:27am
Just talked to my sister in Indiana. They cancelled the get together today. That area is undergoing major influenza, type A. Not covid. They ae testing everyone for covid, then for flu. 
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2022 at 6:23am
Just an update.
Aunty lost the battle early this week.
She had dimentia and other conditions that most likely were part of the cause.
All the other girls have recovered.
Jenny’s dad has been moved to the local hospital near their home.
He’s truly a miracle. He got put on the ventilator in early September. Each day he gets closer to going home.
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2022 at 6:34am
Both my boys have had it these last couple of weeks. Recovered fine just very draining on them and trying to work afterwards. Saw my youngest last weekend and told him to keep his distance, he wanted to do some squirrel hunting.
I haven't felt very good this past week after that.
Cold, mild flu kinda crap.
I think I have had it before anyhow last year.
Doing alright now.

i

Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2022 at 8:08am
Originally posted by Thad in AR. Thad in AR. wrote:

Just an update.
Aunty lost the battle early this week.
She had dimentia and other conditions that most likely were part of the cause.
All the other girls have recovered.
Jenny’s dad has been moved to the local hospital near their home.
He’s truly a miracle. He got put on the ventilator in early September. Each day he gets closer to going home.
That is wonderful news about Jenny's dad.  Being on a vent that long is definitely not a typical outcome as you well know.  Sorry for the losses of the others.  The hits just keep on coming it seems.  Bless you and Jen and be strong.  
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2022 at 8:16am
   Prayer for all 
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2022 at 9:16am

Hey Thad,,,I sure enjoyed the phone conversation yesterday,,,sure helps to talk with friends in these times,,, Dang,,I'll say you DO got your hands full what with all your kin with the covid,,!! Many prayers going your way, My Friend,,,!!
 We have been fortunate as two of the boys had it but recovered which was a great relief. I attended a funeral of my wife's best and closest friend bout 1 month ago and picked up one of those hanging on coughs, but after making up one of those "Old Family Secret Recipes",, i JUST BOUT GOT OVER IT,,I'm sure glad.
 If anyone here is interested I will post the ingredients,,,IT WORKS,,!!!
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2022 at 9:36am
Let’s have that recipe joe. I got the flu last week (have tested negative twice for Covid) and now have bronchitis from it. I’m telling ya that cold air HURTS.

You still have my email address?
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2022 at 10:38am
I would like to see what this recipe is if you are so willing.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2022 at 11:07am
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Hey Thad,,,I sure enjoyed the phone conversation yesterday,,,sure helps to talk with friends in these times,,, Dang,,I'll say you DO got your hands full what with all your kin with the covid,,!! Many prayers going your way, My Friend,,,!!
 We have been fortunate as two of the boys had it but recovered which was a great relief. I attended a funeral of my wife's best and closest friend bout 1 month ago and picked up one of those hanging on coughs, but after making up one of those "Old Family Secret Recipes",, i JUST BOUT GOT OVER IT,,I'm sure glad.
 If anyone here is interested I will post the ingredients,,,IT WORKS,,!!!

Please post the recipe
Clay View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2022 at 11:34am
The following is from a note the Dr. office gave me.
COVID Treatments: 
        -  Aspirin (adults only)
        -  Tylenol
        -  Vitamin D (1000-4000 IU/day)
        -  Vitamin C (500 mg/day)
        -  Zinc (75-100 mg/day)
        -  LOTS of water
        -  Follow up if you become short of 
           breath, have high fevers, or
            symptoms worsen
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic