This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cover crop

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cover crop
    Posted: 24 May 2019 at 11:57pm
Is there something I could plant that the deer would like and be beneficial to the soil. Got a piece I'm not going to use, and thought if I plant something they would like, would stay out of the othe vegetables lol. Thanks
Sponsored Links

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 2:39am
I always planted clover for them
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 6:58am
They prefer white clover, will eat most anything, locals here add a turnip soil amendment they seem to enjoy like Cocaine!!
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 7:22am
Turnips ,radishes , clover , forage oats, wheat , most anything that is green . See a lot of rye grass being sown in the fall around here . Then they burn it with roundup before planting or harvest it if they have cattle to feed . Weed control is main purpose, but wildlife benefits also.
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 5:57pm
soybeans!  Its what they eat the most of, 'round here!  And it fixes N, so there's that, too...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 5:29am
plant something real tasty on your NEIGHBOUR's land !! Deer will go THERE and leave your veggies alone ! well maybe.....
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 11:44am
Lead poison here! --- I do not feed that crap! --- neighbor started that problem here and when it got too bad for him, he moved! ---NOW the rest of us have to fight the problem!---DON'T create this problem for other land owners in the area!
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 10:33pm
No that's not at all what I want. I rotate winter squash around farm. The spot there in is along woods and the deer come out of woods and put a hurting on them last year, so I thought of a cover crop in between to maybe keep them from squash and in the same time helping soil.
I have family that fill there tags each year. I would take them all out if we're up to me
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic