This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Costco Shopping ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Costco Shopping ??
    Posted: 03 Oct 2021 at 7:10pm
The wife informed me that the local Costco had NO bottled water or TP on the shelves Confused . On top of that, the price of a "unit" of ground beef went up $7 per unit from a week ago OuchShocked !!
Sponsored Links

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2021 at 7:14pm
Welcome To Bidenomics 101
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2021 at 7:37pm
Well, Disapprove
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2021 at 7:47pm
Clap   Clap   Hug
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2021 at 7:57pm
Yet "I" get accused of Political ??? You guys are unbelievable Wink
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2021 at 8:05pm
Sometimes the TRUTH hurts...
ZachD89 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZachD89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2021 at 8:48pm
If it’s not political then let’s hear why you think the USA is having these problems???
37 A,37 Waukesha B,35 WC,38 WF,M crawler,49 WF,49 WD,53 WD45,39 and 40 RC,47 WC,41 B,39 B,48G,48,C,59D10,D21,IB,B10,B12,B208,B1,Roto Bale Loader, sp100 combine, allcrop 66, L3 Gleaner
Wayne180d View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne180d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2021 at 12:16am
Ground beef can go as high as it wants I raise my own beef.  Also my own chickens, guineas and turkeys.  Wal mart is pretty much the same way here where I live.  Shelves are all half bare.
dee_veloper View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dee_veloper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2021 at 1:51am
It isn't political.  The reasons are clear.

Global shortages of many goods reflect the disruption of the pandemic combined with decades of companies limiting their inventories.  Just- In-time business models have gone too far .  Inventories were allowed to get too small.

The spread of Covid-19 has sidelined port workers and truck drivers, impeding the unloading and distribution of goods made at factories in Asia and arriving by ship to North America and Europe.

Bad business decisions also played a part.  For example, when the pandemic began, car manufacturers slashed orders for chips on the expectation that demand for cars would plunge. By the time they realized that demand was not slowing, it was too late.  Ramping up production of computer chips requires months.

Same problems in many other industries and the combined ripple effect is seen in stores.  People reacted by trying to stock up which only exacerbates the problem.

Don't confuse my personality with my attitude.
My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are.
ZachD89 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZachD89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2021 at 5:45am
It has nothing to do with paying people to stay home and TRYING to force masks and vaccines on everyone???? You people need to wake up! That might not be 100% of the problem but it sure has an impact when people don't show up to work.. Thankfully I am self employed because I would quit and find another job if the mask or vaccine was being forced on me.
37 A,37 Waukesha B,35 WC,38 WF,M crawler,49 WF,49 WD,53 WD45,39 and 40 RC,47 WC,41 B,39 B,48G,48,C,59D10,D21,IB,B10,B12,B208,B1,Roto Bale Loader, sp100 combine, allcrop 66, L3 Gleaner
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2021 at 6:51am
The empty shelves are the result of LOTS of 'small' things that, on their own, don't affect the shelves, but   get them to happen all at once, oopsy...bare shelves.
To restock the shelves, MOSt if not ALL of those 'little things' WILL have to be fixed.
Sa a piece about some small oil spill in CA, didn't really listen to the 'head of this', 'chief of that', as my eyes were drawn to the dozens of ships in the ocean. I assume waiting to get unloaded. Got me wondering how much oil  and heat and pollution they make.
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2021 at 6:55am
What the heck is a "unit" of beef?  Your numbers are meaningless unless a weight is given.  
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2021 at 7:01am
'unit' is the PACKAGE they sell. Odds are the actual weight  varies depending on the product. GREAT marketing scam....
We have 'family size' packages of hamburger up here, 'packages' of wings and thighs  can be 6,8, 12.
The more cornfusing they make it, the easier it is to NOT see the actual $/#, so they make more $$$$$$$. However , up here they MUST post the 'unit cost' on the shelf , though 99% never read it, just grab and go.......
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2021 at 7:56am
Freedguy, are you sure you are not the caller on ‘The Mr Obvious Show’?
Cognitive Dissonance is what it appears you suffer from.

If you are sincere on any question you ask of people, be mature enough to listen to the answer you are given.

Edited by Lars(wi) - 04 Oct 2021 at 8:27am
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2021 at 8:44am
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

'unit' is the PACKAGE they sell. Odds are the actual weight  varies depending on the product. GREAT marketing scam....
We have 'family size' packages of hamburger up here, 'packages' of wings and thighs  can be 6,8, 12.
The more cornfusing they make it, the easier it is to NOT see the actual $/#, so they make more $$$$$$$. However , up here they MUST post the 'unit cost' on the shelf , though 99% never read it, just grab and go.......
No more a scam than your garlic business.

That's not the point.  The point is, $7 more per unit means one thing if a unit is a pound, quite another if it's a 5 pound family pack, and means nothing entirely if 1 unit was 1/2 pound and the other 10 pounds.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2021 at 9:25am
YEP... the UNIT went up $7.  ???????? is that per POUND.... per 10 POUNDS... per 100 POUNDS ??? ............ unit means nothing..

And ZACK is right on with the cause... If you GIVE PEOPLE several thousand dollars in FREE CHEESE that then normally do not have, then  send them home to set on the couch instead of WORKING... You get INFLATION, HEAVY SPENDING, NO GOODS ..... Yea, WUHAN started the ball rolling, but the GOVT screwed the POOCH on the fix.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2021 at 11:58am
Seems there are a few here that cannot look up history, or if they do they still believe what was on the TV. Because the TV never lies. 

What happened back in 1918? There where people dyeing out on the street. Anyone got a homeless camp story where any just lying there dead in this un Pandemic of covid. Not saying it is not real. It hurts when it is people we know. I have not seen one tier jerk story  about the poor uncared for homeless dyeing from covid. Still from drug over doses knifing or shooting each other.

But back up look at the world. The best guess is way less than 1% of the population is dying from covid.  SO THE CLOSING DOWN OF BUSINESS WAS POLITCAL.

Closing down business has consequences, your seeing them.

As for the hamburger price besides  the pandemic add that 85% of the the whole meat business is run by 4 companies. One controlled by Chinese another one by Brazilians. You don't think they will take every opportunity to raise prices.

Yes I know why bother answering people that have their head where the sun don't shine.  
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2021 at 12:36pm
Your right Ray... I know its apples and oranges, and not saying the same effect... But 600,000 people died of WUHAN in one year... About that same amount die of Heart Disease.. and about the same amount die of Cancer ....... i know those are not Contageous, but if your talking DEATHS, you can compare.

Edited by steve(ill) - 04 Oct 2021 at 12:37pm
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2021 at 12:41pm
Spanish flu 1918.........

In the United States, it was first identified in military personnel in spring 1918. It is estimated that about 500 million people or one-third of the world’s population became infected with this virus. The number of deaths was estimated to be at least 50 million worldwide with about 675,000 occurring in the United States.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 6:49am
Not saying this is the ONLY factor, but medical care for the severely sick has come a long way since 1918.

Also, and I know that this is wildly unpopular, but you really can't say what the contrary would have been, because we lived this WHILE things were shut down/ distanced, etc.  Not supporting it, just saying it's a fact.
victoryallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victoryallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 8:38am
Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

Not saying this is the ONLY factor, but medical care for the severely sick has come a long way since 1918.

Also, and I know that this is wildly unpopular, but you really can't say what the contrary would have been, because we lived this WHILE things were shut down/ distanced, etc.  Not supporting it, just saying it's a fact.

Pretty hard to argue that dumping all the funny money into the economy doesn’t create inflation.
8030 and 8050MFWD, 7580, 3 6080's, 160, 7060, 175, heirloom D17, Deere 8760
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 10:35am
Originally posted by victoryallis victoryallis wrote:

Pretty hard to argue that dumping all the funny money into the economy doesn’t create inflation.
Agreed. . . .didn't say, or would never say any such thing.

My comment was referencing the illness/ death aspect only, not economy.

Edited by Tbone95 - 05 Oct 2021 at 10:37am
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by ZachD89 ZachD89 wrote:

If it’s not political then let’s hear why you think the USA is having these problems???
The UNIONS
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by ZachD89 ZachD89 wrote:

It has nothing to do with paying people to stay home and TRYING to force masks and vaccines on everyone???? You people need to wake up! That might not be 100% of the problem but it sure has an impact when people don't show up to work.. Thankfully I am self employed because I would quit and find another job if the mask or vaccine was being forced on me.

Go away and PLEASE wear a mask if you're too much of a pu&&y to get a shot !! It's the coat tail clingers to the TTP club that are "ignorant" and throw "YOU TUBE" info EmbarrassedCry !!
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 6:25pm

What the heck is a "unit" of beef?  Your numbers are meaningless unless a weight is given.  
5;1 pound tubes / in a single package Sleepy . Sorry that I wasn't more clear in my OP Ouch. Thanks for an honest question.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by Lars(wi) Lars(wi) wrote:

If you are sincere on any question you ask of people, be mature enough to listen to the answer you are given.

I look at ALL of the replies, There are "some" that can skirt the "POLITICAL" rhetoric yet I get accused of it ClapClap !! I fail to see where the current tenant of the WH has any authority to set the price of "FOOD" ConfusedClap !!
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 7:53pm
Remember Calif has STRICT LAWS now on what trucks can come into state and even stricter laws of what truck can move freight from dock - those trucks are now limited to ONLY late mode and also companies are now limited of who can work the docks . 
 Cal has also passed a law that drivers (even ITO or Owners) are employees of the company they leased to and MUST file State taxes in Cal and must be paid a hourly rate with OT if they are in Cal .  Either broker has to issue 2 checks one for driver wage and separate for the freight haul price .
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

Originally posted by Lars(wi) Lars(wi) wrote:

I look at ALL of the replies, There are "some" that can skirt the "POLITICAL" rhetoric yet I get accused of it ClapClap !! I fail to see where the current tenant of the WH has any authority to set the price of "FOOD" ConfusedClap !!

I can’t say if anybody here has stated a President can ‘set’ the price on any products. What a President can do, is advocate for policy’s, laws, regulations, etc., that will increase the costs of production, that will increase the costs of the products to the consumer.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 9:09pm
You mean like shutting down OIL PIPE LINES to the refineries, and restricting drilling for crude ? Wink
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 6:57am
Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

5;1 pound tubes / in a single package Sleepy . Sorry that I wasn't more clear in my OP Ouch. Thanks for an honest question.
So, $1.60 per pound increase.  Well, that is pretty high.  Also, seems unusual, but I don't know your area and have never set foot in a Costco.  Our local meat market had Whole New York Strip for $7.99 per pound, cut free, on their sign yesterday.  Not too out of whack.  I think Ribeyes were $11.99, but not for certain.

As for a president setting prices.....sigh.....it does surprise me that people can't think upward a level or 2.  Well, not really, disappoints me would be a better word.  A president "sets" the environment.  Regulates things to death, pumps Billion$ into the money system with no basis of value, pays people to stay home and do nothing, shuts down work forces, shuts off infrastructure, and prices go up IN RESPONSE, not because Uncle Joe sent a memo to Costco to change the price.

When you flip a switch, do you light a light?  Well, no!  The conductors completing the circuit do that.  Your finger touches a well insulated lever that moves a small simple linkage that quickly and positively connects the conductors.  That's what a president does, moves the levers.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic