This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

corn planter mid mount ca

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan SC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: corn planter mid mount ca
    Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 2:56pm
Sponsored Links

FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 3:00pm
and the answer is...................
Dan SC View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan SC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 7:16pm
 Need some help iding planters mounted on ca

wkpoor View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wkpoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 8:35pm
I have one. And its one of only 2 I have ever seen. Was lucky enough to find it here on this forum.......Thanks Larry!!!
Dan SC View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan SC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 8:57pm
I'm looking for the model # of these planters.  they mount on the torque housing and drive off of the rear tires. Fert and seed hoppers are 18" to 24" high.  need help
Dan SC View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan SC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 9:15pm
Dan SC View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan SC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 9:44pm
Dan SC View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan SC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 9:55pm
Dan SC View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan SC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 9:56pm
 MODEL # ????????? Can anybody help on ID
JimWenigOH View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimWenigOH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 10:07pm
Dan, I believe what you have is a "Side Dresser Attachment" that mounts on the CA cultivator. and was used to apply fertilizer to the crop while cultivating. I have the manual showing it mounted that way. The manual is Allis-Chalmers Form TM-54.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimWenigOH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 10:35pm
Dan, Check out eBay item 180631934886. It is a manual for a Mid Mount Planter for the WD tractor.
Dan SC View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan SC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 10:37pm
Its a little more than that a side dress has only on hopper as far as I know.  But I have only seen one of this in pictures. The one is fert. but the other is for seed. they are both the same height.  where I got said his G-dad used it to plant corn and cotton but he knew no more about it.
Dan SC View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan SC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 10:44pm
The post on ebay looks close but will it still drive off the rear axles on a wd???????????
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimWenigOH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 6:47am

I learned something today!  I didn't know a "Front Mounted Planter" was made for the CA. I got to looking through my manuals and found the "Dealers Parts Catalog" for it. It has the parts listing for the A-C B, CA, and WD Front Mount Planters and Side Dressers. The WD also drives off the rear wheel. To answer your origional ID question, this planter as far as I can see is simply listed as the "CA Planter". You can buy the Parts Manual, Form D-16 at eBay number 300447000803.

wkpoor View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wkpoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 8:41am
I said in my post that I have one Jim. Only one 2 I have ever seen. There was a guy in Texas last yr trying to sell a tractor with one on it. I wanted it real bad but Texas in along way from Ohio and it would have cost more to get than it was worth.
Dan, Its simply called a Front Mount Planter, no model # just like the Rear Mounted Planter has no number also.
Dan SC View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan SC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2011 at 4:12am
      thanks everyone for your help!!!!!!!!   I think I got the answer I was looking for.
Murph-NC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murph-NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2011 at 8:41am
Dan, did you happen to get those in NC?  I've seen a similar listing on CL, just didn't occur to me what it was.
'41 C w/Woods L503 mower, #3 mower, 2-way plows for C
Dan SC View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan SC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2011 at 11:04am
    No got them from Anderson S.C.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic