This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Connecting rods

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Slade (TN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slade (TN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 9:24am
Look me up when you come down Jesse!  Lol, be glad to meet you in person..

Slade
Sponsored Links

CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 10:22am
Originally posted by mlpankey mlpankey wrote:

I don't chew my cabbage twice an you ain't heard the last of Ernest T Bass.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 11:43am
Well rod whos the string to the yoyo marty. Never seen a video of string pulling a single time and never seen a video of yoyo against competition.

Edited by mlpankey - 02 Feb 2013 at 11:44am
Glockhead SWMI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glockhead SWMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 11:46am
Originally posted by Slade (TN) Slade (TN) wrote:

Look me up when you come down Jesse!  Lol, be glad to meet you in person..

Slade

I sure will Slade.
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 1:05pm

The only thing I am  glad Marty shows his parts for is to tell people to stay away from such light parts . Rod if you and Marty will get on your knees and beg. the king may give favor to show a billet heat treated rod that will hold the power we are capable of making down here. The only reason a engine from our shop cant pull third gear  would be that the transmission was  poping out of third gear.

no replacement for displacement even Marty and Rod have figured that out now from me after they sold poor Andy on little cubic inches.

News flash, you spent 8 pages saying billet rods were no god. Now decide they're ok.
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by Hudsonator Hudsonator wrote:

Originally posted by Rod B Rod B wrote:

Pank, you should be greatfull that WI has shared s little information on cylinder heads.

Where is the cylinder head info?  I'd like to see it myself.

Can't find it amongst all the gibberish that seems to obscure some of the best tech. 

You just have to look Hudsonator, your village idiot and my village idiot managed to bury it in gibberish. 
"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"
Ihateillinoisnazis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ihateillinoisnazis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 3:27pm

Well rod whos the string to the yoyo marty. Never seen a video of string pulling a single time and never seen a video of yoyo against competition.

Hahah,  What??                 I think the Nuke is getting to the peanut for a brain in your head again.. 
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glockhead SWMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by Ihateillinoisnazis Ihateillinoisnazis wrote:

Hahah,  What??                 I think the Nuke is getting to the peanut for a brain in your head again.. 

I'll second that.... I read that a couple times. Still can't make heads or tails of it.
Mrgoodwrench View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrgoodwrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 4:22pm
i think rod is the  "string" and wi50 is the "yoyo" and he is saying they don't pull...OH GOD I'M STARTING TO SPEEK PANKEY.....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
There are 3 ways to do job GOOD, FAST, CHEAP. YOU MAY CHOOSE 2. If its FAST & CHEAP it won't be GOOD, if it's GOOD & CHEAP it won't be FAST, and if its GOOD & FAST it won't be CHEAP!!!!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 4:29pm
Jake and Jesse, he speaks Ernest T for a language. watch a few of the Andy G you tube videos of Ernest T and you will see. I kinda wonder if he throws rocks thru windows whenever he can LOL
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Ernest+T+bass&oq=ernes&gs_l=youtube.1.0.35i39j0l9.752.2426.0.4640.2.2.0.0.0.0.385.449.1j3-1.2.0...0.0...1ac.1.11MvZlATkaY
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 4:32pm

[TUBE]ztrLMXY_9TA[/TUBE]
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by Mrgoodwrench Mrgoodwrench wrote:

i think rod is the  "string" and wi50 is the "yoyo" and he is saying they don't pull...OH GOD I'M STARTING TO SPEEK PANKEY.....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Dang, Ray and I got 3rd in state points in light super stock this last season.

I think Rod and spankey are the string and the yoyo. Alwayse bouncing around and stringing each other allong.
"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"
Mrgoodwrench View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrgoodwrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by wi50 wi50 wrote:

Originally posted by Mrgoodwrench Mrgoodwrench wrote:

Dang, Ray and I got 3rd in state points in light super stock this last season.

I think Rod and spankey are the string and the yoyo. Alwayse bouncing around and stringing each other allong.
i wasn't agreeing with him just tryin to translate...pank has to use the i'm rubber you're glue rebuttal when he is called out when a simple pulling video or even a pic would prove to everybody that he pulls.
There are 3 ways to do job GOOD, FAST, CHEAP. YOU MAY CHOOSE 2. If its FAST & CHEAP it won't be GOOD, if it's GOOD & CHEAP it won't be FAST, and if its GOOD & FAST it won't be CHEAP!!!!
AC200Puller View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC200Puller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 5:04pm
I usally get on here hoping to pick up a little knowledge and maybe help someone out with a question that I can answer for them . By the way there are not many of them LOL ! But this is getting really good , I use to get off the site with a smile from all the great people on here keeping orange alive and using them every day . Kind of gives me a warm feeling inside, but now I when I sign out I am laughing so hard my wife thinks I'm nuts! Keep up the great work  guys and don't let off  laughter is good medicine. Thanks Wi, Rod, Tucker, Bob, and all the rest!
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 5:05pm
I've never seen Beavis and Butthead.....but I can assume it's about like a raeality show on pankey&co
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 5:06pm
Ray? You mean theys a we to your program
AC200Puller View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC200Puller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 5:09pm
Well we all know which one would be Butthead!
Hudsonator View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hudsonator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by wi50 wi50 wrote:

You just have to look Hudsonator, your village idiot and my village idiot managed to bury it in gibberish. 

That's about the most obviously honest thing that's been said about the "gibberish".  My confidence in your judgement just went up 100%.
I guess every village has its idiots, huh?  Reckon they're gonna plead temporary insanity due to Allis-intoxication?

Edited by Hudsonator - 03 Feb 2013 at 6:12pm
There isn't much a WC can't do.

WD's just do it better.
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 9:19am

Hudsonator,

On the pulling heads, I cut a 1" hole in top between the head bolt and the valve guide on each side of the intake port on the flat 3" tall heads, or I open up the water ports on the 4" tall heads.  I open up the bottom water port that's right under the intake runner.
Then I blast the inside of the water jacket clean through these holes, grind the casting flash off.  I really need to get the intake valve bowl areas and around the intake runner blasted clean in the water jacket.  Then I take a filler material that's in a thick putty form  and start filling the "corners" of the intake runner to valve bowl.  Kep packing and wedging it through the top and bottom access holes and I fill around the intake runner.

Now I can fill my access holes with a 1" frost plug and start porting the inside of the intake runner.  I cut that nasty corner out of the intake where the charge has to turn a sharp 90 degree corner to go into one valve bowl or the other.  I fill around the outside of the intake runner and that valve bowl area because I'm going to cut through the original casting there.  the further into the valve bowl you can lay the port back and the longer the radius you can roll into the intake runner, the better they will flow.  The port gets verry wide because of this and the volume is to large to keep air speed up.  I drill a hole in the back of the intake, thread it and put a bolt in, this gives the filler something additional to anchor to and I build a wedge shape with a long sweeping radius on each side into the valve bowls.  I can keep the port volume correct with this and the divider helps direct flow as well as prevent robbing on intake overlap for that given runner.

I cut the intake runners into a long tear drop shape to blend into the corners.   On one of my own for a verry fast running engine, I just cut the intake runners out and used a large sleve as I needed lots of volume to feed verry large valves.  It all depends on the size and speed of the engine.  But with that corner cut out of the head, it's not supriseing to see some verry healthy flow numbers.  I'm able to keep water in all these heads yet. 

I've got one 4" tall head dry I did for my outlaw engine with split ports that are raised in it and it peaked out at 318 CFM on the intakes!  I had to countersink allen headed bolts in the bottom of the intake ports and plug the access hole in the top because the original head bolts go through the new ports. 

On the more "stock engines" and a lot of the pulling heads for these, I run a 1.8-1.9" intake valve depending on the engine.  I cut the corner back in the head quite a ways but don't cut through.  Roll the floor into a nice short side radius.  Just a nice 3 angle valve job and nothing to special.  I've tested some various valve angles, etc.  Really in the end there's verry little difference.  Once the corner is removed, then there's a difference.

Depending on compression ratio and engine size, most of the cams get ground to about the same duration in the mid 190's @ .050" but the lobe seperation angle gets changed depending on the engine it's for.  With a siamesed port and a flat crank, they won't take much duration.

Nothing's impossiable but some things take some time and thought. 

Edited by wi50 - 04 Feb 2013 at 9:41am
unstylish_ View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstylish_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 11:20am
Cool now we have another detailed explanation for Mitch. Not that he'd ever admit to doing it Martys way. But it's ok , you'll know the truth in your heart.
Ihateillinoisnazis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ihateillinoisnazis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by unstylish_ unstylish_ wrote:

Cool now we have another detailed explanation for Mitch. Not that he'd ever admit to doing it Martys way. But it's ok , you'll know the truth in your heart.

Lol, I'm waiting for the resident Einstein to tell us Marty has it backwards or something.

Spank must be busy assembling that engine with his cast forged rods... Or maybe he's trying to learn high school math so he can tell us how many cubic inches he has.

Either way it's fun to read Marty's posts, always informative.

Edited by Ihateillinoisnazis - 04 Feb 2013 at 12:06pm
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 3:07pm
talking about not staying on topic  geees . Got a go guys got a engine to do
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by Ihateillinoisnazis Ihateillinoisnazis wrote:

Lol, I'm waiting for the resident Einstein to tell us Marty has it backwards or something.

He has already told Marty that you can't round off the corners cause you will break thru the wall. Then I think he tried to explain why you didn't need to round off the cornersConfused
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 8:20pm

talking about not staying on topic  geees . Got a go guys got a engine to do

You finally learned enough to try again. In all the time you spent entertaining everyone with your stupidity you could have put togather several engines. They let you sweep the floor again this week as long as you keep your mouth shut?
WildBill View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WildBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 10:43pm
Most people like Marty move on with talent and engineering drive like Marty has . Instead he lets us in on this information in helping pullers advance to the next level or just produce that smile at the next pull . My hat is off and a big thanks for sharing your knowledge Marty .

As for Pankster don't give up . There is hope ? Maybe your boss will buy you a new broom!
Allis fan for life !   B,C,2-WC'S,WD45G,D19G,190xt ,LLSS 8010, terra tiger refurbished
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 12:43pm
rod still waiting to see a over 400 cubic inch allis 226 running from you or wi

Edited by mlpankey - 05 Feb 2013 at 12:44pm
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glockhead SWMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 12:56pm
Has anyone ever seen anything of yours? Lots of people asking you to put up or shut up. Step up Panks and show them how it is done.
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 1:26pm
Show up at a pull if you want to see pank. We could use you for jokes.
Hudsonator View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hudsonator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 2:15pm
Wi50,

Thanks very much, very good info.

Good tech all around.

I'm gonna have to quit hangin' out over here - ya'll are making me want to pull again!
There isn't much a WC can't do.

WD's just do it better.
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 5:07pm

rod still waiting to see a over 400 cubic inch allis 226 running from you or wi

Are you stupid. or somethin? You want some lessons? You bought a 310 and killed it makeing it non competitive in the process. You built your own and wrecked it even faster. Anytime you want to go pulling let all of us know. Perhaps even Hudsonator will get back into pulling and kick you around like in the good old days. Or if you perfer to travel, go anywhere in the country for a butt kickin, be sure to use fake name at registration. Pankey will only cause hilarity to ensue.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
  Share Topic