This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Confused or misled kids?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Confused or misled kids?
    Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 6:33am
Have a Nephew, smart kid great wife AWESOME little collection of rugrats!! He and I were speaking of the family and he informed me was getting himself fixed, seems every time taps the wife FOOM Pregnant!! She took Birth Control as a young woman but stopped directly as she readied to walk down the aisle and remains OFF the Pill. Currently have three ADORABLE children and DONE!, That leads on to the next aspect of which I titled this.

A Cousin of the Wife's son and Daughter In Law have been 'TRYING' to make a baby for two years, we all figured there was a problem with one or the other's reproductive system as the way they spoke was just not happening as "hard" as they were trying. So they decided to go to In Vitro Fertilization she being "Desperate" to make a new life. The expense is INCREDIBLE and may be flushing down their toilet as she has just as got a load of her own eggs developed the Flu and will likely have to start all over as they will not harvest with her ill.

Then came a few polite and seemingly innocent questions from others as her Mother In Law as to the methods they had tried before while we were visiting and trying to console her. The young lady to me is VERY confused and had been led down some primrose path by either her own misconceptions or teachings from someone too stupid to believe. It was HER understanding all she had to do was stop taking Birth Control she used for hormone control(For weight control) and she would just be fertile and be pregnant. She went on as to being On the Pill as they wed, dropping the pill for a few weeks and being 'Sexually Active' a whole THREE TIMES in a month when that did not work she went BACK ON the pill and resumed her exercise regimen to repeat that scenario a few times over the course of two years. She as to not being able to harvest eggs was Speaking of RESUMING Birth Control Pills to get her weight back under control! The discussion became heated as to 'Frequency' and stopping the BC Pills for a Longer period of time but this intelligent and attractive young woman had some faulted ideology planted in her head and will not listen.

I feel sorry for her husband in two ways, one limited sexual activity(if at all) and two the expenses to feed the misconceptions this little girl in a woman's body has. I feel sorry for her in coming to some faulted conclusions of how the Pill works and how her as well her husbands bodies work. We were told YEARS ago frequency(3-4 times per WEEK minimum was spoken and my honey ignored) and being off the Pill for good(my honey also ignored) was the best choice to make children, my wife also followed the philosophy this young woman has. The misconception of once to twice a month is NOT frequent as well going on and off the pill repeatedly is not wise or helping. Where did these ideologies come from?

Edited by DMiller - 01 Feb 2019 at 6:41am
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 7:41am
GEES........ does she ever bother to talk to the doctor ?  THAT would be a good place to look for information.. I can hardly believe some "doctor" would talk to her about invetro without knowing her PRESENT situation better !

3 times a month sounds like grounds for divorce.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 8:02am
You bring up quite the topics for a tractor forum. 

I recall our parenting days.  Wifey had been on the pill, wanted to try to have a kid, called OBGYN for appointment.  They told her to go ahead and stop the pill, appointment in about 3 weeks.  Shows up at appointment, they said well before we go too far, let's do a pregnancy check....YEP!  Showed up at her first appointment off the pill for 3 weeks pregnant.  So na-hah, proved you wrong!!LOLLOL

As for the discussion with the family, I can see it becoming heated.  As in mostly a "mind your own damn business" type of thing.  Sounds like not only is the woman a bit misled, she has an idiot reckless doctor.  What doctor would set up egg harvest and in vitro without full counseling and testing ahead of time???Wacko
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 8:04am
sounds like what we call "bar talk". they get all kind of advice from other friends over drinks! I do know of several gals that took that pill for a long time and it messed up something in their body so they couldn't reproduce. I also know several that "followed the moon" and other old wise tales. I keep trying to tell them they are trying to hard, do it spontainiously and often! shucks ain't nuthin to do it 3-4 times a day! practice makes perfect! and if that don't work, it's always fun trying, and then there is adoption!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 9:00am
My little brother and I BOTH were 'Pill' babies. Doc told Mom years ago if making eggs and stimulated enough would still drop one or more then is ALL in nature's court. And as we had been there(BTW I did NOT pose ANY questions to her, My wife did that) for the questions the young lady was very divisive as to answers, her Hubby was doing the background Eye rolls as to Not quite accurate or maybe even Not quite truthful. I dare say this is not looking good for them as she is going to extremes to get what she desires. I also suspect he will not be quite so accepted AFTER she does get pregnant so you may be correct in the Bid 'D' point.

Sorry 'T', this is the Varmints page!!

Edited by DMiller - 01 Feb 2019 at 9:02am
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 10:10am
I remember the trying days. Boy those were fun. Took us about 3 or so months. I tell you, that 6 week period after the baby gets here and mama is shut down is ROUGH after you've had 9 months of nothing to worry about. The second time around was a surprise followed by another 6 months of nothing to worry about followed by "one way or another I'm not doing this again". Turns out men can get fixed A LOT cheaper and easier than woman. We've now had 5 years of nothing to worry about and it is well worth it. We discussed having it reversed and going for 1 more. This was on a day when the girls were at her Mama's and about 15 minutes after we got there to get them we came to the unanimous decision of "we're good"
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 10:57am
Originally posted by DMiller DMiller wrote:

My little brother and I BOTH were 'Pill' babies. Doc told Mom years ago if making eggs and stimulated enough would still drop one or more then is ALL in nature's court. And as we had been there(BTW I did NOT pose ANY questions to her, My wife did that) for the questions the young lady was very divisive as to answers, her Hubby was doing the background Eye rolls as to Not quite accurate or maybe even Not quite truthful. I dare say this is not looking good for them as she is going to extremes to get what she desires. I also suspect he will not be quite so accepted AFTER she does get pregnant so you may be correct in the Bid 'D' point.

Sorry 'T', this is the Varmints page!!
No need to be sorry.  If you and your little brother are varmints, so be it!WinkLOL  Just sayin', quite the topic and post. 

My little brother and I BOTH were 'Pill' babies. Doc told Mom years ago if making eggs and stimulated enough would still drop

huh?Confused
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 6:55pm

A Cousin of the Wife's son and Daughter In Law have been 'TRYING' to make a baby for two years, we all figured there was a problem with one or the other's reproductive system as the way they spoke was just not happening as "hard" as they were trying. So they decided to go to In Vitro Fertilization she being "Desperate" to make a new life. The expense is INCREDIBLE and may be flushing down their toilet as she has just as got a load of her own eggs developed the Flu and will likely have to start all over as they will not harvest with her ill.

Best way of assuring that the wifey goes on the nest, is to have hubby lose job...Wink
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 8:19pm
Well my dad always joked, about the doc must have just bought a new car and needed your business to make the payment. Sounds like this doc is "practicing" in ways to put more money in his/her pocket.

WinkOr the doc is as crazy as the moma want a be.
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 9:13pm

Have a Nephew, smart kid great wife AWESOME little collection of rugrats!! He and I were speaking of the family and he informed me was getting himself fixed, seems every time taps the wife FOOM Pregnant!! She took Birth Control as a young woman but stopped directly as she readied to walk down the aisle and remains OFF the Pill. Currently have three ADORABLE children and DONE!, That leads on to the next aspect of which I titled this.

Then came a few polite and seemingly innocent questions from others as her Mother In Law as to the methods they had tried before while we were visiting and trying to console her. The young lady to me is VERY confused and had been led down some primrose path by either her own misconceptions or teachings from someone too stupid to believe. It was HER understanding all she had to do was stop taking Birth Control she used for hormone control(For weight control) and she would just be fertile and be pregnant. She went on as to being On the Pill as they wed, dropping the pill for a few weeks and being 'Sexually Active' a whole THREE TIMES in a month when that did not work she went BACK ON the pill and resumed her exercise regimen to repeat that scenario a few times over the course of two years. She as to not being able to harvest eggs was Speaking of RESUMING Birth Control Pills to get her weight back under control! The discussion became heated as to 'Frequency' and stopping the BC Pills for a Longer period of time but this intelligent and attractive young woman had some faulted ideology planted in her head and will not listen.

I feel sorry for her husband in two ways, one limited sexual activity(if at all) and two the expenses to feed the misconceptions this little girl in a woman's body has. I feel sorry for her in coming to some faulted conclusions of how the Pill works and how her as well her husbands bodies work. We were told YEARS ago frequency(3-4 times per WEEK minimum was spoken and my honey ignored) and being off the Pill for good(my honey also ignored) was the best choice to make children, my wife also followed the philosophy this young woman has. The misconception of once to twice a month is NOT frequent as well going on and off the pill repeatedly is not wise or helping. Where did these ideologies come from?
Your relation has my sympathies not being able to have a family. My wife and I know first hand what it costs and all of the heartbreaks involved. If the doctor immediately jumped to in vitro he's saving them a fair amount of cash as most procedures aren't covered by insurance, and the emotional ups and downs. We did 9 rounds of IVF, they prescribed all of the same hormones that got the McCaugey's septuplets and nothing. My wife was not about to give up, but finally accepted an egg donor and we now have a 5mo old baby boy.
As far as using birth control to regulate weight, my wife (she's a Pharm D) says no and it can even cause a little bit of weight gain. It is used to regulate their cycle and can help with acne, but definitely not for weight management.
I wish them the best, but it sure sounds like she's been given some wrong information.
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 9:38pm
I went to a Chiropractor once who told me of the benefits of Chiropractic Spinal Manipulation! He said he had a woman patient who could not get pregnant and after he gave her just one adjustment she was pregnant! I thought I better keep my eye on this guy until I get out of here and if I drop the ink pen I better kick it to the door !
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 11:44pm
I went through similar situation... both the physical challenge (she had endomitriosis AND a rather challenging heart condition).  Most of the problem was philosophy and attitude-  she spent more time counting days and marking a calendar, than doing what it takes to get pregnant.  After four years of trying (using HER methods), and having doctors tell her that the endomitriosis damage only gave her a 10% chance of ever HAVING a child, and a 0% chance of ever having more than one,  She basically gave up.

I didn't.  Wink  I threw away her calendar, and she was pregnant two months later... and a healthy boy from it.

Two years later, I suffered through the same process, and finally tore up her calendar, and a healthy girl appeared.

Three times a month is NOT gonna do it... and if that's the most a relationship can offer, it's pretty clear that the relationship circumstances need serious reconsideration.
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 2:30am
Originally posted by thendrix thendrix wrote:

"we're good"
Isn't it amazing how you think one minute and then think just the opposite the next!!  BUT,,,,,,,,,you can't have just two.  They fight amongst themselves and never get anywhere except making you mad.  With 3 or 5,,,,,,(might as well push) you've got two against one or what ever the 'odds' are.

I've got a cousin that has been married for 12 years.  They've NEVER had a child who wasn't in diapers.... Think about that, THAT'S TOO MANY......
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 6:15am
I too have one of those Ted, belongs to Church of Latter Day Saints. She was pregnant from 19 to 27, nearly EVERY year had six beautiful children then had to stop as the Doctor told her she was internally injured due to being pregnant so quickly after dropping the last one. At one time had FOUR in diapers at once.

Edited by DMiller - 02 Feb 2019 at 6:15am
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 8:10am
Originally posted by DaveKamp DaveKamp wrote:

I went through similar situation... both the physical challenge (she had endomitriosis AND a rather challenging heart condition).  Most of the problem was philosophy and attitude-  she spent more time counting days and marking a calendar, than doing what it takes to get pregnant.  After four years of trying (using HER methods), and having doctors tell her that the endomitriosis damage only gave her a 10% chance of ever HAVING a child, and a 0% chance of ever having more than one,  She basically gave up.

I didn't.  Wink  I threw away her calendar, and she was pregnant two months later... and a healthy boy from it.

Two years later, I suffered through the same process, and finally tore up her calendar, and a healthy girl appeared.

Three times a month is NOT gonna do it... and if that's the most a relationship can offer, it's pretty clear that the relationship circumstances need serious reconsideration.

that was my conclusion also, not conceiving may be a blessing here. It certainly is not the biggest problem they have
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 8:57am
Pretty much my sentiments. Love my little honey regardless her determinations. I learned long ago no need to try to convince otherwise, and STILL married!
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 10:49am

She was pregnant from 19 to 27, nearly EVERY year had six beautiful children

Holy smokes that's not a family that's an army. Stern Smile
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 11:35am
That "army" was the norm long ago...
Had to have a few extra just encase nature took a few away...
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 11:44am
I understand having six, but six every year for eight years? Wink
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by Ted J Ted J wrote:

Originally posted by thendrix thendrix wrote:

"we're good"
Isn't it amazing how you think one minute and then think just the opposite the next!!  BUT,,,,,,,,,you can't have just two.  They fight amongst themselves and never get anywhere except making you mad.  With 3 or 5,,,,,,(might as well push) you've got two against one or what ever the 'odds' are.

I've got a cousin that has been married for 12 years.  They've NEVER had a child who wasn't in diapers.... Think about that, THAT'S TOO MANY......

My thought was I already live with 3 red headed females and with my luck it would wind up being 4. Then she'd want to get the dog cut and that might as well be #5.
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 9:58pm
I worked with a young man and they decided they wanted to start a family.  Nothing happened so she got checked, nothing wrong so he got checked, nothing workin!  They went to Russia and brought back a little boy and girl.  They have grown in to outstanding kids.  Meanwhile, when they got back with the kids, they didn't pay income tax for about three years, all the expenses were tax deductible, at the time.  I tell you what, if I hadn't gotten fixed I would have helped them out.  She is probably the cuteist, hottest chick I have ever met!Big smile

BTW, Doc told my first wife, you need to be off the pill for at least a month before you will have the best chance for it to happen.

D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic