This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coke Fd8

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BStone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coke Fd8
    Posted: 20 May 2011 at 8:05pm
Coke or anyone else with inf. on Fiat Allis dozers.Theres an Fd8 on ebay in Tx. about 100 miles away from me.the owner says the undercarriage is 60 percent,has no leaks,brakes good,and uses no oil.He's looking at $9500 for it.Does anyone have any thoughts on an Fd8 in the description the owner described? BStone
Sponsored Links

Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 10:15pm
Item number: 270712479312
Item location: York, United Kingdom
Can you send the e-bay number or link , only 8 I see is the lit from Britian , did not know they had a 8 in US , FD5, FD7, FD9 have seen

Fiat/Allis FD-80, 84 HP

FD-80/LGP, 107 HP

FD-9, 107 HP

Edited by Coke-in-MN - 20 May 2011 at 10:19pm
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
BStone View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BStone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2011 at 8:08am
Coke....He cancelled the auction on it...Don't know far sure why..Here's the number of the item..It wouldn't let me drag and post it on here.Thanks for the imput, but if it was one that I couldn't get parts for easily I don't need it.#260784483048
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2011 at 9:54am
Price: US $14,500.00
Looks like price went up some also.

See a few machines listed here also

Edited by Coke-in-MN - 21 May 2011 at 9:59am
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
BStone View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BStone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 7:31am
Coke    On the fiat is it one of a few in this country? I guess parts might be hard to come by? He told me the undercarriage was only maybe 60 percent.With all of that I think the price is to high.BStone
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 8:08am
I don't know enough on those machines to give a honest answer to that .
 After the AC / Fiat joint venture in the 70's a lot of AC dealers phased out the line and dealer support was slipping. In the 80's a pullback in dealer-network and the closing of many parts depots with a central supply out of Chicago just about killed full line as little or no parts were around for service and long wait was expected.
 With Fiat deciding to get back into North American market a new distribution and support system was put into place after the acquisition of Ford/New Holland lines and then with the purchase of Case construction division. The dropping of the Fiat Allis name and the New Holland badge on the dozers and other equipment changed many things.

Edited by Coke-in-MN - 22 May 2011 at 8:13am
BStone View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BStone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2011 at 10:22pm
Thanks for the inf.After doing some thinking I would probably be better off with a Cat.There is a dealer only 40 miles away.BStone
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic