This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Checking tires today/ etc

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Checking tires today/ etc
    Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 10:38pm
Darn guys -- skid loader tires at 15 lbs, tires on the front of the 200 at 15 lbs, tires on the hay cond at 15 lbs. I sure must be slipping, can't remember when I cked them. Now I can't find my fluid gauge. Gotta ck. the tires on the D17, B, and spreader.   Gotta put a new tire on the baler tomorrow. I did get the foot clutch adjusted on the 200 today. We been working on this greenhouse from HF past 3 days. Parts are missing, called the 800 number. That was a waste of time. Went to HF later this afternoon, I showed the manager what was missing, she came back a little while later with everything missing. Big RAVE for her. Gotta stop at TSC tomorrow afternoon. Looks like I need a 30x9.50x15 tube. Wish they had a coffee shop there. Sure glad I'm retired. Anybody looking for work? All the iced tea you can drink??? The number to.call is BR 549.
Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 5:41am
make you a deal, I'll tackle your list..you tackle mine.....
newest 'project', had 10 tons of cutup Elm tree dropped off, in front of gravel I NEED to get to...sigh...

as for air in tires... my forklift, right rear, magically got flat.make a 150' air extention hose... pump air in..tight valve core..been fine for 2 weeks, then ,overnight, again went flatish... pumped air in, tightened valve core again,been fine for 3 weeks....
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
LeonR2013 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 9:08pm
Hmmm Sounds like some little boys have been messin' around. Do you think?
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 9:55pm
One of the first tires i worked on when I got home from the Army in 1973 was a new 11Lx15 coop brand tire and new tube. I mounted it and 3 days later it was flat. Took it apart and found nothing. 3 days later it was flat. Took it apart and again found nothing. I put a new tube in it and it stayed up. I aired the other tube up and hung it in the shop. It stayed blown up for over a year. One day I needed a tube and used it. Yep 3 days later it was flat. Darn thing went into the dumpster. They can be a pain in the bu_t. Good luck with yours.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2019 at 11:42am
I can usually find holes by putting JUST ENOUGH air in to expand to normal size and then dunk in a water tank.  I have found a few leaks like you're talking about Jay and Tom, and the cause was a bad valve core.  Seems that just wiggling around some and the dang thing goes flat.  Leave it alone for a day or two and it holds air.  Move it and ....... yep, goes flat.
Change the valve core and see what happens first.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2019 at 5:14pm
Would you believe there is not a 27x950x15 tube for a hay conditioner in a 4 county area. Its a common size around here on New Holland hay conditioners. I always stalked them. Got one coming off the truck Tuesday.
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2019 at 9:07pm
Hay is raked, needed a few more hours of drying, baler is hooked up to the 200. Should start around noon tomorrow, outta be done by 8.00 pm. 1st cutting of oats, alalafa, grass etc. Should be great cow hay. Looks good oats are a little thin.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic