This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Carona Testing ??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carona Testing ??
    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 5:21pm
I am a little confused on the "who/when/ what" determines when a person with NO symptoms needs to be tested?? Is everyone in the USA needing to be tested regardless of symptoms ?? If a person doesn't have insurance, any idea of $$/test ?
Sponsored Links

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 5:36pm
No symptoms no need to test as well nothing may show even if carrying and not symptomatic. That from the medical Professionals. Are NOT contagious if asymptomatic, only way can spread during that period is by direct contact to carriers fluids/mucus/touch with dirty hands.

Three triggers for testing Associative Pulmonary Distress(Labored or shallow struggled breathing), temperature over 100.4F, been in a contact condition to suspected carrier or materials they were in direct contact of(Transference).

The ignorant Kathy Griffin was whining would not give her a test as she was in so much abdominal pain, is NOT a symptom of Covid, turned out she had chronic diarrhea from eating in Mexico, IE Mild food poisoning.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 5:46pm
Thanks, on aside note; what about having sex Smile ? Is that a sure-fire way to transmit this "plague" ? No, I'm too old for it personally ( at least that's what the wife says) Cry
Bill_MN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill_MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 7:45pm
No one without symptoms gets tested, once they ramp up testing capacity to cover anyone then they may if you want it. Younger people can spread it with no or mild symptoms because they can actually get infected to where they shed virus while fighting it off enough they don't really get ill. I'm a lab scientist and we get screened every day for symptoms and risk factors, if we're ever exposed we just get sent home and told to watch for symptoms. We would get tested only if we had symptoms but stay home either way. There does seem to be many "privileged" people i.e. politicians, athletes, celebs who get tested through private labs on their own with their own money. Right now all the testing they are doing is no charge to the person because it's still public health interest to find the positives. Once they open up to voluntary testing then insurance or out-of-pocket would come into play, no idea on cost as there are so many different tests but roughly in the 3-500 range based on tests like it.

Edited by Bill_MN - 31 Mar 2020 at 7:49pm
1951 WD #78283, 1918 Case 28x50 Thresher #76738, Case Centennial B 2x16 Plow
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 9:17pm
Having sex is an awful lot of contact. I would surely guess it's a prime way to transmit it or receive it.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 9:19pm
just don't cough or sneeze while having sex.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 9:22pm
And keep your hands to yourself  Wink  or maybe a six foot prophylactic.

Edited by chaskaduo - 31 Mar 2020 at 9:23pm
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 9:24pm
The problem is if EVERYONE got the test, and you were negative.......... then two weeks later you would wonder if you need another one... it never ends........ If you STAY HOME or have minimal contact with people, you should be OK.

In New York City they are taking down HOOPS at the city park / school basketball courts because the KIDS wont stay home.

Edited by steve(ill) - 31 Mar 2020 at 9:25pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

The problem is if EVERYONE got the test, and you were negative.......... then two weeks later you would wonder if you need another one... it never ends........ If you STAY HOME or have minimal contact with people, you should be OK.

Yeah,,Steve,,,lots of Hysteria bout the covid ,,,some warranteed and some not so much,,,,
 Here is something I did today,,,that I been wantin to do for the longest,,,,We gots this pantry cabinet that is full length from floor to ceiling and I ain't been in thet sob since My Dad and I built the kitchen,,,,Wink I told My Son we need to pull everything out and inventory EVERYTHING in there cause I feel like we are stocking up on chit we don't need ,,,,and Boy,,was I right,,,,,There are 19 cans of several different brands of Tomato sauce,,,I mean,,I likes tomato sauce for cooking but 19 cans might be enough for a few months,,!! I gots the kitchen table covered with can food, pastas, cans of fruit, several different kinds of flour,,,, and lots of canned veggies. I threw away several bags of cereal, and opened bags of something so,in the trash they went .
 Now,,I gots a good list of groceries for tamarrow that makes sense and I won't be doubling up on chit we don't need,,,,Clap
 The quart of 91% Isopropyl Alcohol I ordered came in today and I made up 3 quart size spray bottles of the GOOD stuff. One of the spray bottles stays on a table by front door for the boys when they come over and if they don't spray and rub,,,it causes quite a stir out of their Daddy,,!!LOL
  Truth be known,,,I guess I musta always been somewhat of a "Loner" ,,cause I been enjoying the time here at home By Myself tending to my chores, takin care of the wife and workin on MY projects. Living out in the country does have it's advantages for sure,!!
 Tamarrow,,I'm gonna venture to town to go to the bank and then walmart to stock up with some things we need. I'm gonna be outfitted with the rubber exam gloves and my N95 mask from the time i leave the car til the time I get back,,,and I'm gonna carry my .45 in case some AH wants to make fun at ole Joe ,,,Wish me luck,,,,,Clap
 And,,,and,,,don't bring me cigarretes in case they,,,,,UMMmm,,Never mind,,,,
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 10:14pm
How about a hacksaw in a cake?  Wink  And Joe wouldn't 1qt of 91% made into 3qts be 30% ?

Edited by chaskaduo - 31 Mar 2020 at 10:17pm
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 4:25am

Well,,,,,,Chask,,,,,,!!! Ya see,,it be this way,,, The recipe I used come from the WHO or the CDC or the HMmmmm,,,maybe it was from the Bill O'Reilly site ,,,,MMmmmmm,,,somewhere,,!!

12 Fl Oz 91% Isopropyl Alcohol
 2 Tsp glycerin
 1 TBS Hydrogen Peroxide
 3 Fl Oz distilled water (I used boiled water cause it some cheaper)

This will make you bout 4 spray bottles of some good azzed hand sanitizer that is the Pure Quill stuff,,!!  It smells like it will demolish any germ out there for sure.....  I had a couple of 8 oz bottles of hand sanitizer I had bought some time ago for the bathrooms and it only 50% Isopropyl Alcohol,,,AND,,,for those that occaisionally "nip" on thet stuff,,,the 91 % is miles ahead of the 50%.
 I like to watch "The Moonshiners" on TV and them fellars drink thet stuff straight out the jar and never once wince ,,,just savor the stuff and smack their lips,,,,guess I never was a good alcohol drinker,,,,,LOL
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 4:39am
I popped open an Angry Orchard apple cider today
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 7:17am
The moonshiners are not nipping on isopropyl, that’s for sure! That will cause some nasty stomach problems. Ethyl is what is “safe” to drink. When moonshine causes blindness, it’s from methyl contamination.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 7:17am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

Today? What time?!      I guess it’s 5:00 somewhere!!
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 7:18am
"The quart of 91% Isopropyl Alcohol I ordered came in today and I made up 3 quart size spray bottles of the GOOD stuff."

Oops guess I didn't understand.  Wink

Edited by chaskaduo - 01 Apr 2020 at 7:19am
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

Today? What time?!      I guess it’s 5:00 somewhere!!

Did I hear a request?

[TUBE]BPCjC543llU[/TUBE]
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 8:57pm
ad to what DMiller says...ad bloodshot eyes into the mix
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 8:59pm
if'n I takes the battery outta my clock at 5 o'clock...it'll be 5 o'clock all the time at my place! hand me the bottle opener!
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 9:17pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic