This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Car shows

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Car shows
    Posted: 12 May 2023 at 9:19am
Just wonder if there will be any in 50 years ? Will guys raise their hood to show off their battery ? Any thoughts ? Thanks !
Sponsored Links

Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2023 at 10:25am
Everything made today will be junk in less than 50 years. The cool days of muscle cars is quickly fading away. Yeah, "let me show you this high voltage battery I have in my car."
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2023 at 12:28pm
Yeah Hubert , you're probably right . Just seems kinda sad to me . Thanks !
KMAG View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KMAG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2023 at 12:48pm
I believe there will still be car shows, just like tractor shows. However, I doubt there will be many visitors to them, just the owners.

The younger generation lacks a sentimental attachment to these vehicles.

Furthermore, gas powered vehicles are taught to youngesters as inefficient, outdated, and planet killers.

Maybe a few dozen more Fast & The Furious movies can end that?
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2023 at 4:28pm
Yeah Andy, only one of my 3 grandsons is a gear head. So far anyway. Thanks
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2023 at 9:20am
I must be fortunate in that both my grandsons are gearheads and most of their friends are too.  They are all into vintage sports cars and are driving them as daily drivers, at least in the summer months. It may be the influence of their Grandpa and their parents too! LOL

ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2023 at 7:24pm
Today my 3 grandsons were here. Oldest 19 and youngest 15 both drove my old straight drive C 10 . Middle grandson was just happy to ride along. Not many manual transmissions in their world. Thanks
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2023 at 11:43pm
I have a thing we call the "buggy". I built it. Short story is it has 9hp Briggs powering a 4 speed truck trans that Chevy used from 50's through late 70's. Has the kick button starter with clutch and flywheel. My 3 adult daughters learned to drive a stick shift with it. 4 of the 8 grandkids have mastered it as well. They will all get there as they get older. No fears around here of a stick shift.
I have an old Datson 4cyl I've thought about repowering with but be too much for young kids. It pushes 30 mph on solid surface now.

Edited by SteveM C/IL - 14 May 2023 at 11:47pm
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2023 at 12:05pm
Yeah Steve , I'm sure my oldest grandson would love to drive something like that . He's also driven my D-15 a couple times . Thanks 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic