This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can you ID this tractor?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
timthetoolman View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timthetoolman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 3:38pm
On further thought the cam could potentially still spin the entire valvetrain depending on where the crank could be broke.  I'm gonna pull the starter and see if the flywheel moves when i rotate the front the the crank.  

I dont really need a tractor of this magnitude and I do need a front end loader on it for it to be useful to me.  I was hoping to get it going and have had a deal on my hands. Paint it up, toss some decent used tires on it and use it to pull logs and do odd jobs around our hunting property / future homesite.  

Keep yall posted.

Sponsored Links

A-C_220 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-C_220 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 4:15pm
My dad has 190XT with Allis loader and he made a Quicke joystick work to control the loader. He also fabbed a quick attach for the pallet forks and bucket. I think it makes a good loader tractor being able to feather the high low shift in to gear. He uses it all winter with a blower on the back and bucket on the front to move snow. If you get it running and painted i'm sure someone will want it. These tractors can still do a full day's work well.

Edited by A-C_220 - 10 Jan 2019 at 4:18pm
Jim Hancock View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Hancock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 2:41am
Also, you'll find that they're semi- easy on fuel unless you really put the load to it and make it work all of the ponies. 
You'll really like it once you've got all the pertinent things attended to. 
Congrats on the acquisition! 
How blessed we are by HIS GRACE!
JayIN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JayIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 11:06am
The ROPS canopy is worth $800-$1000 alone. Around here. (Indiana)
sometimes I walk out to my shop and look around and think "Who's the idiot that owns this place?"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic