This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cab Brake Light ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cab Brake Light ??
    Posted: 23 Feb 2022 at 5:28pm
Does the upper cab brake light flash with the hazards engaged?? This is on an '05 Ford SD model Smile. Thanks
Sponsored Links

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2022 at 5:41pm
No, it is Only a brake light, why would it need to flash?
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2022 at 5:44pm
I've seen some new models around that the cab light will flash 2 or 3 times when you step on the pedal then it burns solid
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2022 at 5:46pm
if i had a 2005 F250, i would turn on the flashers and tell you !!  Wink   Wink
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Jordan(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jordan(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2022 at 6:13pm
Does it require too much effort or thought to turn them on and look for yourself? Or are you seeing double at this hour and can’t tell?
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2022 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

if i had a 2005 F250, i would turn on the flashers and tell you !!  Wink   Wink

I'm trying to diagnose brake light issues Stevie Wink !! If i had your unlimited time and $$ to afford a $60,000 grocery getter, I would do JUST what you suggested ClapClap !!!
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2022 at 6:16pm
[QUOTE=DMiller]No, it is Only a brake light, why would it need to flash?[/QUOTE
Thanks DMiller, just seems like it "might" be tied into the brake light system Confused ??
ACFarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACFarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2022 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by Jordan(OH) Jordan(OH) wrote:

Does it require too much effort or thought to turn them on and look for yourself? Or are you seeing double at this hour and can’t tell?

You are assuming he knows where the hazard button is, knows how to work it, then can manage to figure out where the 3rd brake light is and be able to tell if its flashing.
Making A living everyday farming with and working on Allis Equipment
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2022 at 6:43pm
it is tied into the BRAKE light system... The FLASHERS are turn signals.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2022 at 6:43pm
No "Might" to it, required under Federal Automotive Lamp Requirements since the 1980s Cars/ 1990s for light Trucks

For states with Inspections Laws also REQUIRED to Operate when Apply Brakes, Regular Brake lamps at rear of Two lamp Systems are operated thru the T/S Switch so can Flash for T/S or Four Ways. 

Edited by DMiller - 23 Feb 2022 at 6:44pm
AllisFreak MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisFreak MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2022 at 6:46pm
Yet another meaningless post. Good entertainment though, make some popcorn and read the replies.
'49 A-C WD, '51 A-C WD, '63 A-C D17 Series III, 1968 A-C One-Seventy, '82 A-C 6060, '75 A-C 7040, A-C #3 sickle mower, 2 A-C 701 wagons, '78 Gleaner M2
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2022 at 6:48pm
f i had your unlimited time and $$ to afford a $60,000 grocery getter, I would do JUST what you suggested

I have 3 vehicles... $60K would buy ALL of them pretty easy.... and for Grocery getter i normally use the SUV ..... Truck was pulling 10K trailer last week..Clap
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisFreak MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2022 at 6:50pm
I think the Moderator needs to add a new section titled  "Stupid assed questions"
'49 A-C WD, '51 A-C WD, '63 A-C D17 Series III, 1968 A-C One-Seventy, '82 A-C 6060, '75 A-C 7040, A-C #3 sickle mower, 2 A-C 701 wagons, '78 Gleaner M2
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2022 at 6:50pm
I'm trying to diagnose brake light issues 

Pour some BLUE into that OVAL on the grill..that might help  Big smile
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2022 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by thendrix thendrix wrote:

I've seen some new models around that the cab light will flash 2 or 3 times when you step on the pedal then it burns solid

There's aftermarket LED bulbs with 'pulser' circuits sold all over that do that.  My Sportster had one fitted when I bought it, and it was still there when I sold it... but it didn't work great... not by it's own fault, but rather, because of the 1980 Sportster's electrical setup being less-than-stellar, and the lamp not particularly liking being vibrated-to-heck.
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2022 at 6:49am
Originally posted by AllisFreak MN AllisFreak MN wrote:

I think the Moderator needs to add a new section titled  "Stupid assed questions"
LOLLOLLOLLOL
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2022 at 6:53am
Let's see......take a snow brush, or 2x4, or something like that.  Put one end on the brake pedal, the other against the seat.  NOW, and this is IMPORTANT, you don't have to cut it perfect, cuz the seat is ADJUSTABLE.  So, see, you're going to apply the brake with this thing between the seat and the pedal.  Or......if you happen  to have a brick or block laying around handy you could put that on the pedal.  Then, you go look and see if all your brake lights are on.  Then, you turn the hazards on, and go look again! Way cheaper than $60,000.  That reminds me, I now have some vehicles for sale if you're interested.
farmboy520 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmboy520 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2022 at 10:31am
Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

Let's see......take a snow brush, or 2x4, or something like that.  Put one end on the brake pedal, the other against the seat.  NOW, and this is IMPORTANT, you don't have to cut it perfect, cuz the seat is ADJUSTABLE.  So, see, you're going to apply the brake with this thing between the seat and the pedal.  Or......if you happen  to have a brick or block laying around handy you could put that on the pedal.  Then, you go look and see if all your brake lights are on.  Then, you turn the hazards on, and go look again! Way cheaper than $60,000.  That reminds me, I now have some vehicles for sale if you're interested.

Do these vehicles that are for sale have the blue oval fluid topped off?
On the farm: Agco Allis 9695, 7060, 7010, R66, Farmall H, and Farmall F20 (Great Grandpa's)
bemer848 View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bemer848 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2022 at 10:52am
It has to have an 8 foot bed to haul his beer. I meant to say 2x4's.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2022 at 5:07pm

Why would I go through this process when there's "SUPPOSEDLY"  SOOO much KNOWLEDE on this site SmileWink ??? Apparently ILL and now MIN are "NO-GO for honest input ConfusedConfused ??
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2022 at 5:11pm
If do no research deserve no prize.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2022 at 7:15pm
I could have gone thru the procedure that Tbone said and had an Answer, before FreeGas turned on the computer and typed the question...Wink
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisFreak MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2022 at 8:41pm
Why would I go through this process when there's "SUPPOSEDLY"  SOOO much KNOWLEDE on this site SmileWink ??? Apparently ILL and now MIN are "NO-GO for honest input ConfusedConfused ??
[/QUOTE]

I am honored to be recognized in one of your 4681 posts. Thank you.

Edited by AllisFreak MN - 26 Feb 2022 at 7:37am
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2022 at 6:24am
Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

Procedure?! Good grief, it took me 10 x as long to type it as it would have to do it!
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2022 at 7:14am
I had to re read the original post...

1) put hazards on
2) step out of cab, and look at 3rd light

is it that simple ,or am I missing something ?
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2022 at 8:20am
As many pale blue ovals that are out there and yes on the side of the road or any car, truck for that matter with the flashers on, have you ever seen the 3rd light flashing?
And no, an 8 foot bed doesn't make 2 chits difference especially an anemic one.

plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2022 at 10:08am
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

I had to re read the original post...

1) put hazards on
2) step out of cab, and look at 3rd light

is it that simple ,or am I missing something ?

It is that simple. Ya gotta remember who you're dealing with and simple comes to mind
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2022 at 10:43am
From a safety point though, it kinda makes sense to light up the truck like a Christmas tree, to warn people.then again, you might become a better target ....
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2022 at 3:49pm
Speaking of targets...Many years ago when I first started out driving, I had an old fellow tell me to absolutely NEVER stop on an OFF RAMP to take a nap. Always go across to the on ramp and over the crest far enough to no be able to see headlight form where you had come from. His theory was those on the highway that maybe are too tired to be safely driving might just latch onto your taillights and run right into the back of you. Whereas if your are parked on an ON ramp those people that are making the turn to get on a highway might just be a little more alert and also they would be a much slower speed. 
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2022 at 4:24pm
Police cruisers come to mind, behind another car lights lit up, and get driven into as if not there.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic