This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CA Single Ft Wheel Tire Size ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CA Single Ft Wheel Tire Size ?
    Posted: 14 Mar 2010 at 7:04pm
Took off a no good 6.00 x 12 single ribbed tire. Is that the right size ? Pretty sure the 12 is right by measuring - is the 6.00 right ? If it is -- where do I find one ? Have not called local tire man yet, just wondering on specs and how hard they are to find. Does not look to be a common size tire. Thanks, Larry Miller
I used to be young and stupid, now I am not young anymore.
Sponsored Links

R Aiken View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R Aiken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2010 at 8:42pm
Miller tire has them, 6.00 X12  $110
Ken in Texas View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2010 at 10:32pm
I have a worn out 4.00 X 12 Titan Tri rib on my CA. It's OK until I win the lottery so I can afford a new 6.00X12  from Miller. I found a new 5.00 12 tri rib on the net for a decent price. I think it was  some place in Louisiana. Or Alabama
Eldon (WA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2010 at 10:50pm
The 6.00 x 12 has a lot more sidewall...and weight rating.  I had smaller trailer tires on a couple of mine when I bought them and they didn't feel too safe....
ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
Larry Miller View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2010 at 10:52pm
R A & Ken - thanks for the info. I had a devil of a time getting mine off the rim. I would think a 4.00 or 5.00 would be worse. No good way to hold on to this thing when removing old rubber. It is a chunk of solid cast that weighs about 80 pounds or more in the shape of a rim.
Miller tire will be in Moline for the Gathering of the Green this week - may just have them bring one and "get er done"
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2010 at 10:57pm
I bought three new tires from Miller Tire through a local tire dealer just because they had free installation.  I  later changed out a flat myself and could almost mount the tire without any tools...just lay it down on the ground and make sure the opposite side is in the deep groove.
ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
Larry Miller View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2010 at 11:09pm
Eldon - you are a better man than I am. I fought that tire for near an hour before I got it off. Finally used a chain hoist to pull up while I beat it down. Hope the new one is easier. Does it need a special tube ? The valve stem looks like it should be longer to go thru the casting. ?
Ken in Texas View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2010 at 11:10pm
I put a new tube in my old 4x12 and it was no problem getting the tire off and back on the wheel. I had to take it all the way off because I had to fill up a broke out  place on the edge of the cast wheel with weld beside fixing  a flat.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2010 at 11:13pm
I bought new tubes from Miller too, but I think they were a standard tube. The valve stem doesn't stick out a whole lot. It is always easier to put a tire on a rim than take it off....and I never had to take mine off completely, that might have been another story.
ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
Dave(inMA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave(inMA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2010 at 5:57am
Mmmm - we've got a local tire emporium that is happy to take off/remount tires for my toys. I'm sure that they charge a bit more for the tires to cover it, but it's nice to find an outfit around here that understands the notion of serving the customer: they just offer to do it AFTER tire price is agreed.
WC, CA, D14, WD45
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic