This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"CA" Pulling 3-14 Plow!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DennisA (IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "CA" Pulling 3-14 Plow!!!
    Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 2:15pm

If I did this right below should be 3 videos of my "CA" pulling a #63 3-14 plow.

The ground that I'm plowing has not been plowed for at less 86 years. Thats how long this farm has been in the family. I hope the links work.

Please enjoy!!!!

Thanks & God Bless

Dennis
Sponsored Links

DennisA (IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DennisA (IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 4:06pm
 I know that the post up above looks like pictures, but if you click on one of the three it will run the video.
 Sorry this is the first time I have tried to post a video link. It only took 6hrs. to upload the videos using dial-up.
Thanks & God Bless

Dennis
Jamie (KY) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamie (KY) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 4:37pm
Awesome! Even the dogs were enjoying it!
Just when I thought I was finishing my "honey-do-list", she turned the page!!!
caRon View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 4:50pm
That ca took it in stride with no problem, the front end even stayed on the ground. Great pics and videos, keep'm coming. Ron
CA Tractor
Bob-Maine View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob-Maine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 6:38pm
Very impressive. What gear were you in? Didn't look like first.

Thanks for sharing.

Bob@allisdowneast
NickT(Ky) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickT(Ky) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 7:04pm
Great! Bet you can't do that in Ky. clay. We used to plow tobacco with a CA and two row cultivator and when you set them deep (in previously plowed and disced grond) you would make that gov. kick in.
Skyhighballoon(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyhighballoon(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 7:48pm
Dennis that is a stout CA!  Good job and thanks for sharing!  Mike

1981 Gleaner F2 Corn Plus w 13' flex
1968 Gleaner EIII w 10' & 330
1969 180 gas
1965 D17 S-IV gas
1963 D17 S-III gas
1956 WD45 gas NF PS
1956 All-Crop 66 Big Bin
303 wire baler, 716H, 712H mowers
acwdwcman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acwdwcman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 7:56pm
i didnt know a ca could do that
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DennisA (IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 8:40pm
Bob, the  "CA" was in 2nd gear. I like to plow in 2nd because that is the right speed for plowing. If you go to slow the gound falls to short, if go to fast the gound flies to far. The "CA" can plow any were with a 2 bottom in 3rd. As for a three bottom 2nd is all that I wanted to push the tractor.
Thanks & God Bless

Dennis
BrettPhillips View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrettPhillips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 8:44pm
You need a set of them chrome plated bull gonads to hang under that little rig!  Very well done, and in second gear to boot!  I don't think my D14 would handle that plow any better!
Chalmersbob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chalmersbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 9:28pm
I didn't see a hand clutch handle. I don't think you could do that with a tracor with the hand clutch. Bob
countryguy828 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote countryguy828 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 10:57pm
It looks to me as though the handclutch is on the left side.

Very nice to see this video, made me smile.

Now I know why my B was able to handle that dearbon 2 bottom 3 pt plow, eventhough everyone said it wouldn't do it!

Dave
TedBuiskerN.IL. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TedBuiskerN.IL. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 10:59pm
You're wrong about the hand clutch, Dennis just moved it to the other side.  Apparently you could do that with the 1950 models.
I always thought his CA could handle 3-14's.  Next he'll be up after my 4-14's to plow bean ground with.  LOL
Most problems can be solved with the proper application of high explosives.
SHAMELESS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 11:02pm
awwww...he's just trying to get outta mowing that grass next year!!!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DennisA (IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 8:03am
ChalmersBob, I know that the hand clutch on the "CA" gets a bad wrap. When I first pulled a 2-14 behind my "CA" it would go for 10 feet and stop due to the hand clutch slipping. I let it slip and when it got really hot it would grab and go 10 feet more.
  Well, after that I replaced the clutch linings, springs & oil seal. After that I have not had any problems. Keep in mind that this was done in 1999, 11yrs ago.
  The hand clutch is just like anything else, it need a little TLC after 40-50 years of use.

As Ted said I moved my hand clutch to the left side. I was lucky to find the right part to do it with. The part donor tractor was a early 1950's "CA". 
Thanks & God Bless

Dennis
Kip[NY] View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kip[NY] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 11:58am
Impressive...and fun to watch, Dennis.  Thanks!
FredW View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FredW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 12:33pm
I guess I have to take a back seat, I thought I was doing good with three on a D14. Fred
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 12:56pm
So is that CA all bone stock? I know mine would pull 2-14's anywhere in 2nd without much talk.
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DennisA (IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 1:06pm

When the engine was rebulit by Norm M. he put in a 1/16 over bore kit in per my request. About 6 months laster it was put on Norms dyno at the AC Jamboree and maxed out at 29 hp. So my "CA" has about 2.3 hp over a stock factory tractor.

Thanks & God Bless

Dennis
Dave(inMA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave(inMA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 4:08pm
Great videos - the CA's have big hearts! Thanks.
WC, CA, D14, WD45
Burgie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Burgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 4:15pm
Wonder what my pink CA would pull??
"Burgie"
Mike(SEIN) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike(SEIN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 4:22pm
Thats a gutsy little tractor!Thanks fot the videos.
Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 4:29pm
Great to hear the engine working again.  Funny, how some things never leave your memories. 
We had a dealer in Westminster, MD who told me he pulled three plows with a stock CA and it did all right.  He told me it worked fine till he had an oil leak on the foot clutch and after that it wouldn't pull very well.
Neat job.  Thanks for sharing.
Good Luck!
Bill Long
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 5:05pm
Bet a 40 Deere couldn't come close to performance like that.
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
M Diesel View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M Diesel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by SHAMELESS SHAMELESS wrote:

awwww...he's just trying to get outta mowing that grass next year!!!

Zactly!!!

What some people will do to get away from the lawn mower...

Plowing is always fun!!! :)
Ken in Texas View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 7:05pm
My little old CA was able to hold its own pulling against a WD45 in 4000# Antique Comp class at the LA State Fair in Shreveport on Saturday. I finished second with a pull of 127 ft. The 45 got me with pull of a little bit more at 134' .
    I outpulled the 45 on his first pull in 4000 stock but he got a better line in 4000 Comp to pull off the win.
    I put on 13-6 24s with weights and water and had the power to spare but lost traction.  I haven't been into the engine but it must have overbore pistons in it. Looking around in the lineup I felt outclassed by the engine size and tires of the competition. In 3500# stock them green ones got me this time.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DennisA (IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 8:01pm
Way to go Ken!!! You don't need a big tractor to get a job done, just a little tractor with a big heart.
Thanks & God Bless

Dennis
Ken in Texas View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 9:10pm
A little Heart, gearing & tire diameter and weight to make TRACTION is what wins tractor pulls. In the panky post sombody wrote a 12 horse Kohler under the hood and geared right would make a full pull in a 20000 lb  8 wheel monster tractor. It may take all day to go 200 feet but even if chained down a Kohler 12 could spin all 8 tires.
DREAM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DREAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 9:36pm
Burgie, does your little pink CA still have all of the parts it had when it belonged to its' former owner? If so, I imagine it would pull a 3 bottom pretty well too.LOL!
I didn't do it! It was a short, fat, tall, skinny guy that looked like me!
Burgie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Burgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2010 at 5:26am
Yes, it is basicialy like I traded for it. I think it could pull 4 with the tires that is on it.
"Burgie"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic