This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

C distributor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigfish_Oh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: C distributor
    Posted: 06 Aug 2012 at 9:00am
what distributor assy's will work on my '49 C ?
1941 WC sat for 29 years,started & dynoed 27 h.p.
1957 WD45 Grandpa bought new,factory p.s.,added wfe
1951 WD, factory p.s.
1960 D14 HnMk IV BkHoe 4 sale
2014 HD Tri Glide
2009 GMC CC SLT Dually
Sponsored Links

Dick L View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2012 at 9:07am
Any one of these three will work. The one on the left is an after market that fits the AC as well as Farmall. The one in the center is from a D-15 or all down to the D-10. The one on the right is from a CA. The D-15 has an opening to the back with a slotted shaft for a tac. Both that one and the CA would need to change governor shaft and weights. The after marke just bolts on in place of a magneto with no changes to the governor.

bigfish_Oh View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigfish_Oh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2012 at 9:13am
are all of the little farmalls the same and what about governor changes? As soon as the engine is free it will get a distributor, I don't want to pass over one in the mean time. Is the dist. itself the same for WD ?

thanks
1951 WD, factory p.s.
2014 HD Tri Glide
2009 GMC CC SLT Dually
EdK View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2012 at 9:13am
After my magneto destroyed itself, I put a distributor ignition, with electronic "points" and a high energy coil on my '48 C. I think I got it from Steve at B&B in New Jersey. Starts and runs great.

bigfish_Oh View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigfish_Oh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2012 at 9:16am
I will go straight to electronic, after 4 years of quick/easy starts in the '45, I'm sold
1951 WD, factory p.s.
2014 HD Tri Glide
2009 GMC CC SLT Dually
Dick L View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2012 at 1:26pm
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2012 at 6:42am
As Ed mentioned, we have a complete rebuilt Mag to Distributor kit as in his picture, or if you're just looking for a Distributor, we have em' on the shelf exchange or outright rebuilt and ready to install. E.I. is optional, and I can install it for you no charge. Stick with a Delco unit for the AC machines. Delco Distributor numbers  1111411, 1111435, & 1111475, will work on your C model....
GregLawlerMinn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregLawlerMinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2012 at 9:04am
There are 2 different distributors with different drives that work on the B, C, CA, and D series. (one that uses the magneto drive and one that has a seperate drive). If you are replacing a magneto you can use the distributor that Dick L shows as #1.... or pull the front cover and drive and replace the magneto drive with the distributor drive/weight assy and use one of the other two styles of distributors he shows. 
I gave my neighbor a magneto drive distributor from an Allis C and he replaced the magneto on his WC with it and has been driving it for 5 years now. 
What this country needs is more unemployed politicians-and lawyers.
Currently have: 1 D14 and a D15S2.
With new owners: 2Bs,9CAs,1WD,2 D12s,5D14s,3D15S2s, 2D17SIVs,D17D,1D19D;1 Unstyled WC
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic