This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"C" carb adjustment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "C" carb adjustment
    Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 6:08pm
Trying to get the C running after the water issue (fuel).  still will not run.  it will hit on a couple, then die.  I took air filter off and tried a shot of gas right in and same result.  I did take carb off, apart,cleaned,reassembled and same thing.  Any ideas.  I did not move air and fuel screws, but was thinking about starting over with those setting and seeing what happens

Thanks, LH
'40 WC puller,'50 WD puller,'50 M puller '65 770 Ollie

*ALLIS EXPRESS contact*

I can explain it to you, BUT I cannot understand it for you!!
Sponsored Links

Tedin NE-OH View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tedin NE-OH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 6:19pm
Check for fowled plugs, and spark at all plugs.
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 9:38pm
Could very well be a plug problem. Poor fuel can put a glaze on a plug in no time and they will not fire through it.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Ohio Orange View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ohio Orange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 10:07pm
Poor Spark ! If it wont fire with what you did , it's in the ignition .

Edited by Ohio Orange - 24 Jun 2011 at 10:09pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic