This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

But I ordered 2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: But I ordered 2
    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 1:19am
Got a call today, in fact I got 2 of them about my Apple Pay used on Amazon to buy something .
 Well first call they hung up after I asked about why the call came from a local exchange in my area , the other end of conversation told me it was their local server in his broken English , then when I asked for a local number or a number to call him back on - He hung up - Spoofed number left on caller ID was same exchange number as my local code.
 About a hour later get another call as $528.50 was charged on my card and I needed to press 1 to speak to someone . So after #1 is answered and they tell me about the charge I said well I ordered 2 phones - yes I ordered it but it was for 2 phones and charge should be double - what went wrong with my order - why was I being asked to pay for only ONE PHONE - when I ordered 2 . 
 Guy gets all flustered and says well we show just one , so I act mad and say well the order was 2 so you will just have to cancel the full order , then he starts apologizing and says I need to give him some information - 
 Told him he has got the information already to cancel order and credit my account - guess he figured out the SCAM wasn't working as he said some odd words and hung up ! 
 Now if I had one of their Apple Pay cards or had a account on Amazon I might worry but when they use a spoofed number locally it's a dead give away right off !
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 5:50am
gee, I haven't got that call yet.......

up here 'air duct cleaning services' calls...probably 100+ times in the past 2-3 years..I've actually made 2 appointments, the 5ton box truck comes out, guys asks if I'm 'Mr.  J'.. I say no,they go away....none too happy..

every 'survey' taker gets 'weird' info from me, depending on the mood I'm in....
 been on the 'do-not-call- list' from day one, and I still get lots of krapcalls...
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
ac hunter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 7:44am
     We just don't answer the phone if we don't recognize the number. If it's important they will leave a message. A few  do. For a while we even got a few calls that came from OUR number. My favorite is the one that says they will reduce our gas bill and give a refund. We are lucky and have free gas from our well.
Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 8:07am

Hey Jay

I have fun with those Duck Cleaning guys too. From telling them all my Ducks are in my freezer now, to I only use radiant heating.

Just the other day I think he must have recognized my voice because right off he says

Fxxk Off You Sun off a Beetch' and hung up

Oh What Fun We Have
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 9:15am

Well,,I get a lot of spam calls and somehow they have figured out how to get the caller ID to leave an in-state number,,,even from a little bitty village most times and makes you wonder who do I know from Hope, NM with a population of 23,,,,,? Most of the times if I do answer,,,I don't say anything and after a bit the line goes dead,,,,Wink
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 11:23am
I tell them I clean all my ducks, cause they are all in a row.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
DanWi View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanWi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 12:07pm
Car warranty calls, start telling them you have something like a 1965 chevy with over 300,000 miles, it pretty rusty and right now we have the motor out of it. Can you warranty that for me?Smile
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 1:12pm
I get the same calls, someone selling auto insurance, from a Wi exchange. Wants to know if I still have a policy on my Volkswagen, but I have never owned a VW. I always string them along, ask them if my Packard,or Dosenburg( sp), or even if my Rolls Royce Silver Eagle shows on their list. By that time the line goes dead.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by Coke-in-MN Coke-in-MN wrote:

Got a call today, in fact I got 2 of them about my Apple Pay used on Amazon to buy something .
 Well first call they hung up after I asked about why the call came from a local exchange in my area , the other end of conversation told me it was their local server in his broken English , then when I asked for a local number or a number to call him back on - He hung up - Spoofed number left on caller ID was same exchange number as my local code.
 About a hour later get another call as $528.50 was charged on my card and I needed to press 1 to speak to someone . So after #1 is answered and they tell me about the charge I said well I ordered 2 phones - yes I ordered it but it was for 2 phones and charge should be double - what went wrong with my order - why was I being asked to pay for only ONE PHONE - when I ordered 2 . 
 Guy gets all flustered and says well we show just one , so I act mad and say well the order was 2 so you will just have to cancel the full order , then he starts apologizing and says I need to give him some information - 
 Told him he has got the information already to cancel order and credit my account - guess he figured out the SCAM wasn't working as he said some odd words and hung up ! 
 Now if I had one of their Apple Pay cards or had a account on Amazon I might worry but when they use a spoofed number locally it's a dead give away right off !

Got a similar message on the phone this week, saying a Iphone had been charged to my amazon acct., I didn't answer because it was a out of state number.  So I looked at my amazon acct and saw nothing had been charged and figured more garbage.  I just never answer any number that I don't recognize or isn't local anymore.
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic